Find UK Tuition
Leonor - Spanish Tutor in Eastbourne
- Bachelor Degree
- Master Degree
- DBS Certificate Available
- QTS National Arts Degree
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- Emphasis on speaking and rapid progress. We offer pronunciation improvement and a focus on communicating in complete phrases. We can quickly push your progress to the next level. We can really impact your fluency.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Spanish at any level, any age, and have a long experience face to face as well as on internet. I am a teacher of Spanish and I teach standard, Castilian Spanish, the official language of modern Spain. It considered to be the most "correct" Spanish in the world. Beside this, I work with native colleagues of mine so we are able to offer more subjects such as English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Catalan and more; only native tutors. If you are interested in a language which has not been mentioned here, just ask me.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have two degrees university degrees plus a Qualified Teacher Status from the UK. One of my degress is from one of the best universities in Spain, León University.
1. Bachelor Degree: Teacher of modern Languages. Cádiz University, in Spain. By the way, did you know that Cádiz is the oldest city in Europe? It is more than 3.000 years old.
2. Master Degree in Spanish Expertise. University of León (Castilla León), in Spain.
3. QTS (Qualified Teacher Status in the UK): 0831068
Beside several courses about teaching language approaches.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have several years of experience as a teacher of modern languages (Spanish, English and Italian), helping everyone from children to adults, all cases with really good results (references are available if required). Seven years of experience teaching languages via internet. I worked for at least three online academies of languages and I currently work for Cervantes Ltd, an online/offline school which also offers translation services.
We currently provide Spanish, English, Italian, Portuguese, Catalan, German and French tuition; all of them with native, qualified and experienced teachers.
- How much do you charge?
- Our fees start from 20 pounds per lesson/hour. This is quite reasonable as all material are included in the charge in order to push your target language up.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my own place, in Eastbourne area, in the South cost of England, but I also go to students´ homes and I teach using the internet as well delivering lessons all over the world. So, do not concern about distance. It does not matter!!
- When are you available?
- I am available weekdays and weekend on mornings, afternoons and evenings. I also work during schools holidays, especially for the A-levels and GCSE levels.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages and levels are more than welcome.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- DELE (Diploma Español Lengua Extranjera)
AS Spanish- English
A2 Spanish- English
University Spanish- English
Informal Spanish- English
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I do have a current DBS certificate.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- The student should have an internet conection, a free program called "skype" and a microphone. A webcam is optional but desirable. I will email the material few days before the lesson´s date, so students could have a look and work through it if desired. The invoice will be done through Paypal or UK bank transfer and always before lessons. Bank transfer or credit card payments are available as well.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Yes, I am a member of ELE Congress (Teacher of Spanish as a Foreign Language).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I did my training at two different universities, in Spain. I also worked as an academic director at the Spanish department of Rotger, an academy of languages in the South of Spain (close to Gibraltar) for three years. I currently work for "Cervantes school Ltd, Language and Translation", in Eastbourne, with brilliant references available if required. This is the best school I have ever been in, and I am very proud and happy working for them.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have students coming to me every week with an important improvement in their Spanish as we mix conversation and grammar (depending on needs). They love learning more about Spain and improving their Spanish level, so they really enjoy the time of practice. We have as well students over skype. Lessons in skype are more intense and totally effective.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Tired with boring memorization? Do you find formal grammar tiresome and less than effective? Come and try my method, the direct method!
Send a message to Leonor
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
Quiero ser tu héroe...Si una vez yo pudiera llegar a erizar de frío tu piel;a quemar, qué sé yo, tu boca, y morirme allí después y si entonces temblaras por mí, llorarás al verme sufrir,ay, sin dudar, tu vida entera dar,como yo la doy por ti. Si pudiera ser tu héroe, si pudiera ser tu dios que salvarte a ti mil veces, puede ser mi...
Do you guys know our unique approach used in our lessons? We call it "the Latin approach". So different to other methods, this is why our students are so happy with us!! We, for instance, teach Spanish by connecting the Latin version of English to the Spanish they are learning. Yes, you heard it right! Remember; English language has two...
Below is a Spanish reading exercise. Amy Randall participates in a very particular battle, in which she finishes bathed in tomato sauce. A battle of tomatoes seems like something out of a Marx brothers film; nevertheless, this celebration actually exists. Every summer it is celebrated on the last Wednesday of August in Buñol, a town in...
My name is Robert Warburton and I reside in Manchester, England. My wife and I have been attempting to learn the Spanish language for the last two years. We have tried all the usual routes Lingua phone systems, books, Cd,s etc with little success. Approximately twelve months ago we were introduced to Leonor Barrientos who carries out live Spanish lessons online. The progress we have made during this time has been excellent .....
- Robert Warburton from Manchester
I was a complete beginner with Spanish, and after a course I had enrolled for was cancelled, I looked around for a tutor. Leonor is a great choice - she has endless patience. Changing methods of learning, plus one-to-one tuition, has enabled me to progress from a simple 'hola' to understanding speech and the written word whilst learning grammar and vocabulary. It doesn't come naturally to me but I don't feel like the hopeless cause I was before, and I have the confidence......
- Janette Dobbins from Eastbourne
The Spanish lessons received from Leonor are helping enormously. The
insistence of speaking in Spanish, while difficult at first, has proved essential and really creates confidence in using the language.
Max von Barnholt
- Max Von Barnholt from Herstmonceux
It is a great honor for me to write a letter of recommendation for Leonor Barrientos. I have known Leonor for over one year while she was working as a Spanish tutor in our language studio. And I have been consistently impressed with Leonor's attitude and productivity during the time that she has worked. Leonor teaches Spanish online for Kazakhstani students using skype video conferencing and different supplemental programs.....
- Aigerim Kiribayeva from Kazakhastan
I am studying both French and Spanish for A-Level but lack confidence in my spoken Spanish, as my French is much stronger. Leonor has been a fantastic help with my Spanish oral. She is patient and understanding, and happy to cover whatever topics I am unsure about. Leonor never hesitates to give up her time, whether it be to answer questions I have or explaining grammar difficulties.
I cannot reccommend her enough, she is an excellent teacher and I am very lucky to have found her.
- Camilla Freeman from Eastbourne
My name is Paul Willson, I am 32 and I work in IT. The reason I am learning Spanish is that I have moved to Madrid and I need to practice my Spanish. Before I started my Spanish lessons I had a high standard of Spanish but I still needed to improve and have regular practice. My lessons with Leonor covered all areas of Spanish grammer and a lot of vocabulary. The excercises done in the lessons were very helpful .......
- Paul Wilson from Reading based in Madrid
Leonor is a very exceptional woman, with a lot of patience and understanding. She never gets annoyed with me when I can’t find a word and she always has time to listen to me without judging. A true teacher, I have found and hopefully, one day she will be a true friend.
If you want to learn Spanish, definitely contact the lady from Cadiz, Leonor Barrientos! Hasta luego a todos !
- Dominique Ventura from Oxford
I’m studying Spanish with the Open University and desperately wanted some conversation practice. I live in the south of England but in an out of the way sort of a place and couldn’t find anyone locally so I trawled the internet and after much searching stumbled upon Leonor quite by chance –and I really think I struck lucky!
First of all she’s very flexible......
- Rachel Thomas from Porstmouth
My son introduced Leonor to me. He now lives in Madrid with his Spanish girlfriend, soon-to-be wife! I visit them quite regularly and would like to understand, speak and enjoy the language better. I learnt Spanish at evening classes 30 years ago but because so much time has passed, I consider myself to be a beginner. However, since Leonor has taken me on board, after only 6 months, I feel comfortable with
- Tanya Wilson from Worcester
My name is Gill, I live in the South of England close to Eastbourne, and have travelled to Spain on holiday for many years. To date, I have been typically British about only speaking English in Spain. I now work for an American company, who have offices across Europe, including one near to Barcelona. I have a very busy work schedule, training and supporting these offices but I now feel it would be challenging and satisfying to learn to speak and to understand more of ....
- Gill Morris from Eastbourne
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages