Find UK Tuition
Malka - Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics Tutor in Carshalton Beeches, Sutton
- B Sc in Civil Engineering
- Have an up to date DBS Certificate
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I am an understanding, patient and enthusiastic teacher who is willing to give my all to help you achieve your potential.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- • Maths for KS2. KS3 GCSE, IGCSE and A levels
• Science for KS2 and KS3
• Chemistry and Physics for GCSE
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BSc in Civil Engineering and 11 years’ experience as an Engineer. After becoming a mother I became a full-time Maths and Science tutor.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been tutoring for more than 12 years, teaching more than 50 students in Maths and Science. Most remained with me until the completion of their schooling, which is testament to the rapport I developed with them and the quality of my teaching. In the course of my tuition career, I have successfully worked with children from many backgrounds, including students of comprehensive, grammar and private schools. I teach Science (Chemistry, Physics) up to GCSE and Maths up to A-level for Edexcel, AQA and OCR exam boards. In A/Level maths I teach C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, M2 modules.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £35 per hour
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home in Carshalton Beeches
- When are you available?
- Any time weekday or weekends
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach Maths for any age and Chemistry and Physics up to GCSE level. I welcome adult learners as well.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I help my students prepare Maths and Science for KS2, KS3. GCSE, IGCSE and A levels exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I have a DBS Disclosure certificate issued in 2013.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- • University of Moratuwa Sri Lanka (1987) - BSc in Civil Engineering
• North East Surrey College of Technology (2004) - AutoCAD 2D & 3D (Professional)
• North East Surrey College of Technology (2003) - Diploma in Computer Applications (Professional)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I teach individual lessons and my current students are preparing for GCSE and A Levels. I have high expectations of all my students and I motivate them to achieve their potential. Testimonials are available on request from my past tutees.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am an understanding, patient and enthusiastic teacher who is willing to give my all to help you achieve your potential. I treat each student as an individual and have a proven track record. With hard work and consistent application, you can achieve the grades you want.
Send a message to Malka
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
Mathematics is the foundation of our modern world. It was pioneering mathematicians that saved Britain and Russia in World War Two by cracking the Enigma code. Yet it is surprising how little enthusiasm we have for it in this country. I draw on my long experience as an civil engineer, involved in very ambitious projects to bring alive...