Find UK Tuition
Peter Adey - Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Electronics Tuition in Manchester
Peter Adey Gold Member
- Walkden (M28) View on map
- Last Logged In: 26 Sep 2016
- Sex: Male
- Can Travel To: Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Rochdale, Trafford, Warrington & Lymm, Wigan
This tutor is temporarily unavailable
- Bsc Degree
- Msc Degree(University of Manchester)
- I have an up-to-date Enhanced CRB disclosure
- Member IEEE, IET.
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- My students say I am a natural teacher. I am able to impart my students with a drive for excellence in their personal studies. If you intend to make major progress in your studies, then do get in touch with me.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Mathematics ; Physics, Chemistry, Sciences GCSE, A-levels and Degree levels.
I am currently accommodating degree students who are writing resit exams. I can make a difference in your preparation.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Doctorate in Education ( University of Liverpool)
Msc degree (The University of Manchester)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- My students refer to me as a Supertutor. I have been able to achieve quite a lot of A and A* grades with my private students who are willing to be my referees on request by any prospective student or parent. I only like to work with students who want to achieve the incredible to move their grades to A and A*. I can diagnose the problem in minutes of meeting up with my students and devise a working strategy to deal with any challenge they might be having. Tutoring is not what I do on the side to make some cash like others, I am a full time tutor and I am passionate about it as I seek for ways to make learning easy for students. Over the years, I have invented methods, formulas and approaches to teaching my subjects that my students have found no where else.
I have had quite up to 17 years experience in tutoring students and have tutored thousands of students within that time . I have worked with students sitting exams with AQA, OCR, IB, EDEXCEL, and CIE. Most of my students have greatly benefited from my wealth of teaching experience. I have worked with colleges and schools whose names I can provide to students on personal request over the years and at the same time private students too.I have taught and presently teach students from reputable private colleges such as Abbey College, Manchester Grammar School and others, but now run a college. I am an A-level Assessor/Marker . This has greatly contributed to my wealth of experience.
I have worked in the past with students who find learning challenging due to weak academic foundations and also a great deal of students in the university resitting their exams.
- How much do you charge?
- The normal charges are : 55 pounds/hour --GCSE, 75 Pounds/hour --A levels and IB, 75 Pounds/hour --Degree level. Normally, I charge for travelling costs and transit time if I am to do the travelling.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home where I have a designated large, conducive and spacious study room for this purpose. I am also the director of studies of a reputable learning centre in Worsley in Manchester with accessibiity to spacious and comfortable classrooms fitted with smartboards and other modern learning equipments. I also teach at students' homes on request. I cover all areas of Manchester, Bolton,Wigan Stockport, Salford etc. I am willing to travel up to 20 miles.
- When are you available?
- Weekdays and Weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- GCSE, A levels and degree level students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, A-levels, University degree students-Resit students are welcome
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I use whiteboards and skype for online tuition. Most of my online students have had a great experience at learning.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Associate member of The Tutor Association
GCSE and A-level Exams revision courses http://examcrashcourses.co.uk
GCSE and A-level learning centre www.optimaltutors.co.uk
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Currently, I teach students planning to take GCSE, A levels, IB exams as well as university students. I have good feedback from my previous and current students. Some have improved their grades well enough to allow them achieve their dreams and goals. They are willing for me to provide them as references to others who want my services.
I have achieved A and A star in virtually all the subjects that I teach. Check the testimonials under my profile.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- There is no hard subject or course. It is only hard because you do not understand the concepts and principles behind. If you do, it becomes the easiest subject you have ever done. Some students conclude too early that they don't like a subject but this is usually because they don't understand it. Most students who have initially told me they do not fancy Maths, Physics and Chemistry have had a good story to tell after few hours of tuition with me. Yours also can be the same.
It is sometimes erroneously believed that a good mathematical aptitude is all that is needed to have good grades in A level Physics. However, my experience with some of my students in the past have proven otherwise. At GCSE level, this might have some iota of truth, as all that is needed is for you to be able to put the data in the given...
Peter explains things very well. I would highly recommend him. I was struggling with the understanding of A-level chemistry, with his enthusiasm, he has helped me with my understanding and my enjoyment of the subject. My result came as A. I am now studying Medicine. Great tutor! And a really friendly guy.
- -Ayesha Mehmud, Manchester High School for Girls(MHSG), Manchester
Peter helped me a great deal with my maths skills, in particular those for physical chemistry at degree level. He had a good teaching style and was very competent.
- Harry, Degree Chemistry student (University of Manchester)
"Our daughter thought she understood Physics until the results of her January exams arrived "D"! .Having approached her college tutor for help that was not forthcoming , we sought a private tutor . After a 2 hour trial with Peter, our daughters confidence and enthusiasm soared. She continued 2 hour sessions per week until the June exams where she achieved an A*. She will begin her Geophysics University course. Thank you Peter for giving her back her confidence for the next chapter of her life.
- Stephen Ryan, Eccles, Manchester-Helena Ryan(Pendleton sixth form)
Peter has been great in the tutoring my daughter in Chemistry. He immediately made her feel at ease and very quickly ascertained the root cause of the areas she was struggling with. He made sure she had a clear understanding of the basics before moving on to complex areas. I would like to thank Peter for this support and have no hesitation in recommending them -
- Vicky Cooper, Altrincham
Good communication and knowledge, very helpful on topics and flexible. I will continue to use him for extra coaching
- Naseem Bari-Sabreena Bari ( Bolton sixth form college)
Peter was enthusiastic, friendly and able to explain concepts that I had previously struggled greatly with. As a result I score 100% in my recent exams!
- Martin Glackin, University of Manchester
I've been having problems with Circuit Analysis and Peter is an expert in this field as well as other aspects of Electronic Engineering. He was very helpful in solving my problems. Highly recommended.
- Erkan (University of Manchester)
Faisal has had a few lessons so far and has given all positive feedback. He is very comfortable during the lessons and found the style of teaching to be interactive. He tells me that a lot of his confusion on certain topics have been cleared and is starting to feel more confident about his work now.
- Dr Farkanda , Faisal's mum A-levels ( Manchester Grammar School)
After struggling with Physics A-Level, I sought help from Peter. I found that Peter had many methods to explaining topics and his deep knowledge on the subject was exceptional. The lessons were relaxed and I felt comfortable to ask Peter any questions. Concepts I had originally found difficult became clear, I would highly recommend Peter
- Jane Ryder, Altrincham
Peter was quick to pickup the gaps in my sons knowledge of AS Chemistry and Math and addressed all the issues one by one. His teaching style is brilliant. My son is much more confident now. Thanks to Peter
- Naveed Khan, Cheadle.
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages