Find UK Tuition
Singing, Drama, English and Essay writing (all levels and TEFL)
Becca Marriott Gold Member
- Raynes Park (SW20) View on map
- Last Logged In: 24 Oct 2016
- Sex: Female
- Can Travel To: Guildford
This tutor is temporarily unavailable
- BA Oxon English Literature and Language (University of Oxford)
- MMus Vocal Studies/ TGCM Diploma in voice / Grade 8 Singing ABRSM
- Full CRB held
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- An Oxford graduate with a range of experience teaching English, Singing and Drama. I have successfully tutored for the 11+, and worked for Shenker English academies in Italy. I am passionate about helping people achieve their potential.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English, 11+, Singing, Drama/ Theatre Studies, History, Essay Writing
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a degree in English from the University of Oxford and a Masters in Music from Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance.
I have worked as an actor and improvised comedian for the past 10 years and have coached adults and children in improvised theatre skills.
I have taught singing privately for the last 3 years and enjoy working with singers who are keen to improve their vocal technique and interpretation.
I have taught English both in the UK and abroad and have successfully tutored for the 11+.
At school I achieved 4 A Grades at A Level in Latin, English, History and Theatre Studies and received full marks for my Theatre Studies written examinations. I also received a distinction at Advanced English.
As someone who took the 11+ and went to one of London's most prestigious grammar schools I have direct experience of the exam system.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have a wide range of performance experience as well as teaching experience.
I have successfully tutored for the 11+.
I have taught singing privately for 3 years.
I have taught English writing and speaking skills to foreign language speakers for the past 12 months.
I have directed both theatre and comedy helping train and develop young performers.
I worked with 7-11 year olds teaching musical theatre in Italy.
I have worked as an early years tutor teaching English and creative thinking for the past 3 years.
I have excellent writing and proof-reading credentials and have written and edited copy for various websites and review publications, including writing for the Times Literary Supplement.
- How much do you charge?
- I typically charge between £30 and £40 per hour depending on the subject and the preparation required. For proof reading work and essay writing my price is negotiable.
I charge less for online EFL teaching - typically £25- £30 per hour and a half depending on how many lessons a client buys in one block.
I am prepared to teach in small groups at negotiable price.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach at the student's home or at my bases in Raynes Park of Canning Town during the daytime. I am reasonably flexible regarding travelling to tutor within London.
- When are you available?
- Evenings and weekend daytime as well as various weekday times. Negotiable.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From 4 to any age.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- 11+ exams and entry tests - verbal and non verbal reasoning, comprehension etc.
EFL for non-native speakers wishing to improve speaking and writing skills.
GCSE/A Level/ Degree level English
Various levels of singing
Auditions for Music and Drama College
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am available to tutor via Skype or to work on improving essays/ proof-reading through email and Skype.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- University of Oxford
Trinity College of Music
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am working with a number of students. I have one exceptionally bright candidate working towards 11+ exams, whom I helping improve his written English and his comprehension and exam technique. Since we have started working together he has been praised by his teachers for creative writing and has achieved significant improvement in practice exams which he has sat with 11+DIY.
I work with several asian children preparing for the 11+, where English is not the primary language at home.
I am teaching a 15 year old girl classical singing. She recently got into her school choir and sang solo at her school and is preparing for auditions for Junior Academies.
I also work with two young professionals who sing for pleasure and in choirs and want to improve their technique.
I currently coach a city banking professional in presentation techniques and public speaking.
I am working on improving English writing and speaking skills for job interviews and CV writing with a Polish accountant.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- If you are looking for respect from a teacher and prompting to think creatively and use your own potential we will work well together.
I have found that one of the greatest challenges facing any 11 year old sitting down to take an exam is that old saying: "too much haste, not enough speed". They go into the exam with a thousand ideas running through their minds and the words of a hundred teachers, parents, siblings, grand-parents and (dare I say it) tutors, ringing in their...
A college audition is one of the most daunting things a young performer will ever experience. Why? It's simple; an exam, you pass of fail; a part, you get one or you don't. The effect is immediate and short term. There are many more roles, you can re-take an exam. We feel as though college auditions can change the outcome of our entire...
File Size: 100.93KB