Find UK Tuition
English, Maths, Sciences, History, Psych,11+ & 13+ Chelsea & Dorking
- Studied as Doctor of Medicine, Biology, History and Educational Psychology trained
- PGCE Trained with 20 years experience
- Valid DBS and references available
- Director and Head Tutor of Top Marks Tuition Ltd & Harley Street Consultant
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- 11+ exam £50.00/hr
- 13+ exam (Common Entrance) £50.00/hr
- A-level Biology £50.00/hr
- ADD/ ADHD £50.00/hr
- BMAT £50.00/hr
- Dissertation/ Proofreading £50.00/hr
- Dyscalculia £50.00/hr
- Dyslexia £50.00/hr
- Dyspraxia £50.00/hr
- Elocution/ Accent Reduction £50.00/hr
- English as a Foreign Language (EFL) £50.00/hr
- GAMSAT £50.00/hr
- GCSE Biology £50.00/hr
- GCSE Chemistry £50.00/hr
- GCSE English £50.00/hr
- GCSE Maths £50.00/hr
- GCSE Physics £50.00/hr
- GCSE Psychology £50.00/hr
- IB Biology £50.00/hr
- IB Chemistry £50.00/hr
- IB Maths £50.00/hr
- IB Physics £50.00/hr
- IB Psychology £50.00/hr
- IGCSE Exams £50.00/hr
- Key Stage 2 English £50.00/hr
- Key Stage 2 Maths £50.00/hr
- Key Stage 2 Science £50.00/hr
- Key Stage 3 English £50.00/hr
- Key Stage 3 Maths £50.00/hr
- Key Stage 3 Science £50.00/hr
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) £50.00/hr
- Study Skills £50.00/hr
- UKCAT £50.00/hr
- University Entrance £50.00/hr
- Personal Message
- I have been teaching secondary for 25 years, tutoring for 22. I am a progressive dyslexia teacher, I encourage the pupil to gain better marks by setting a challenge to their ability, then taking them through it so that they become more confident.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Elocution, English, Reading Recovery, Rapid Writing Skills, Maths, Science, Geography, Psychology, PE and History A Level, GCSE and Key stage 3. I can also accommodate special needs children including dyslexic, and regularly teach these students. I can also teach younger children and adults. I also run resident EFL courses in the summer holidays.
Please be aware that my one to one rate is currently £65 per hour.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I trained as a medical doctor in London having already gained degrees in Biology and History (Honours). Then going on to train as a teacher of adults as well as children. Recently I have taken a masters in Psychology leading to the Rapid recovery system teaching for Reading and writing. This teaches non readers and writers to develop their reading and writing to a high standard within 12 weeks on a course held at Westminster, Harley St in London and Dorking in Surrey. I also run rapid recovery classes for Math and spellings.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I currently have 26 years experience in the teaching of children with 24 years experience with Autistic and Dyslexic children. I have 24 years experience in the private tuition field and have run my company Top Marks Tuition Ltd for the last 10 years. I have over 100 testimonials ready to be viewed.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £65 per hour for my online tuition. I charge a little more for coming to you.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach in my office at my home in Dorking Surrey, or in Harley Street, or I can come to the students home for tuition. There is an extra cost for this and the time for travel must also be taken into account.
- When are you available?
- I am available most days but I do get very booked from September to July so please enquire.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and levels but tend to take children from 11+ exams through to A levels. I also teach medical and dental students. Please enquire.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Degrees, A levels, GCSE's, Sats and Common Entrance Exams. EFL exams. Also interview preparation.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I can supply a current up to date DBS.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have regular contact with children and adults all over the United Kingdom by internet in order to enhance their academic qualifications. I use a software specifically for this use with a whiteboard, media player and separate class rooms for group work of internet students. I can use skype for this or can download any other form of internet communication used by the student however I find these a less effective or clear form of communication.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- My company is Top Marks Tuition Ltd (www.topmarkstuition.co.uk). I am a Harley Street consultant and I belong to the Association of Professional Tutors. I am a graduate teacher from UCL which is currently ranked No. 1 for education in the world.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained in "Psychology of Education and for my PGCE with the UCL Institute of Education in Bloomsbury, London (part of UCL, University of London), Barts and the London Medical school (University of London) and Kingston University (University of London).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Due to the nature of my business teaching children I would rather talk to individual clients about former students needs and requirements whilst keeping data protection issues in mind. I can say that most of my students currently range from 5 years old to 30 years old. Some have special needs and others are university students so the spectrum is very wide. Some have ongoing behavioural issues and others are high flyers academically. I also have clients with medical and emotional needs that are not addressed within their learning environment.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I have seen many students who thought that they would never achieve their academic goals go on to gain good marks at university. Sometimes a little one to one tuition is all that is required to enhance their skills to a stage that allows them to feel more confident in their abilities. I make the tuition suit the students individual needs, methodically in a way that is easiest for the student. This allows the student to feel more confident, focused and motivated.
Send a message to Viv
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
Dyslexia The modern trend in education is to place the vast majority of dyslexic pupils in mainstream schools. However it is clear from research that youngsters struggle with daily routines, and face teachers in the academic environment who are not always sympathetic or simply do not know how to help their dyslexic pupils with the pressure of...
Since working with Vivienne on a one to one basis, Katherine's approach to problem solving, learning and keeping up with her studies at a main stream school has proven to be an invaluable investment.
- Mrs Diana Ross Brockham Surrey
Vivienne quickly pin-pointed the area's where our son was weak or simply lacking in tuition. She was able to teach Ollie in a manner he could grasp and understand, and where the classroom environment had failed. We noticed an improvement in his confidence and ability in the subjects and we intend t continue with Vivienne for his chosen A'Level subjects. Thank you Viv!
- Mr Darrian De Bidaph, Dorking, Surrey
When I joined Vivienne my biological knowledge was low and I lacked understanding. We spent a few weeks together and I learnt more than doing biology for 4 years. Vivienne found a way that worked best for me and explained any areas which I found difficult. Without lessons I would have got a C, but I went into the exam feeling much more confident . I would definately recommend Vivienne to anyone at any level.
(Emma gained an A* in the exam)
- Emma Cockeram, Leatherhead, Surrey
Vivienne, having an autistic son herself was easily able to cope with Zubrin who is also autistic, classed as high functioning autism. He is now able to concentrate and sit for longer periods and now takes pride in his work. Vivienne made his learning fun and she will continue to tutor him in the school holidays.
- Dr. Darashaw Matashaw, Kenley, Surrey
I learnt a lot, now I feel more confident because I know how to answer the specific questions in exams, also because the central themes/ideas are more clear to me after the tuition.
- Z.Q., Eton College Student, Windsor, Berks
As a valued tutor to both of our sons, Vivienne is an exceptional teacher whom we have come to rely upon, regardless of the difficulty, or intensity of the challenge. She shows great initiative and a positive attitude, and through her ability to connect, has developed an extremely good rapport with them and us. She offers and advanced level of guidance, and is extremely knowledgeable in her field. She quickly established the nature of the problems faced by my younger dyslexic son.
- Mr N.G., Loxwood, Surrey
What I found useful about coming to Top Marks Tuition is that it is so much easier to understand the whole area I am finding difficult, and then it becomes a lot easier to revise and learn on your own. I found that A' level biology was a huge step up from GCSE science. I got an A in GCSE, and then an E in my first biology AS, which shows how challenging it is. With tuition I am now on a C at A' level and I am trying to get to a B with my next set of exams.
(W.O. gained an A in his exam)
- W.O. Tadworth, Surrey
I got a D in my 1st exam. I had almost given up hope as no matter how hard I tried I could not improve. After having private tuition however I got an A and have gained the confidence to carry on getting A's. I never imagined before that I could ever look forward to going to university to study medicine!
- Amy Baldwinson, Camberley, Surrey
I feel that before I had tuition I was unsure about which direction to take my studies. I was uncomfortable with area's of my courses and needed them explained to me. I now feel a lot more confident and reassured that I am capable of doing well. Without tuition my confidence would be a lot lower and this would have had a negative affect on my grades. Hopefully my new confidence will increase my chances of doing well.
(Louise gained an A & B)
- Louise Wilson, Beare Green, Surrey
Private tuition has been very helpful and I have learnt so much. It has helped me to structure my essays and understand the questions that are asked. My maths skills have greatly improved and I am very grateful to Vivienne for that!
- Duncan Glide, Dorking, Surrey
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages