Find UK Tuition
Yasmeen - English, Maths, 11 Plus, QTS Tutor, Birmingham
- Ba (hons) Accounting and Finance, MA in Education
- PGCE (QTS)
- DBS cleared
- IFL, member is ACCA
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I am a very experienced and motivated teacher who enjoys teaching. My passion for teaching is far beyond expectation and I believe that every individual can thrive excessively once guided properly.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- My main subjects area are KS1, KS2, KS3 and GCSE Maths and English . Additionally, I have a vast amount of experience in preparing children for the 11+ entrance exam covering all 4 subjects in Maths, English, Verbal Reasoning and Non Verbal Reasoning.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I studied for my Ba (hons) degree in Accounting and Finance which was then followed by successful completion of my PGCE. My passion in teaching led to further pursuing my career by studying towards Masters in Education. At present I am also studying towards my ACCA in order to complete the last papers to qualify as a fully Chartered Accountant.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching for the past 10 years, through which I have gained experience in teaching children from the age of 6 years onwards in my specialised subjects. I have also helped adults achieve their GCSE Maths and English. I have previously taught with South Birmingham College where I gained a wide range of experience and skills in teaching Maths and English at different levels to different age range of students. I have excessive experience in preparing trainee teachers to pass their QTS test in Literacy and Numeracy.
- How much do you charge?
- My class size is small, ranging from 5 - 7 students for which the prices vary depending on age range and subject level. I teach on a 1.5 hour time scale on various days. The prices vary according to the level of tutoring required. I have a extremely good pass rate for students who sit the 11 plus Entrance Test. Please view the testimonials provided by parents whose child has successfully passed there 11 plus.
I also offer a consultation and assessment to determine which level a child is working towards. QTS classes are run on a one to one basis and prices vary.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in my home in Bordesley Green where I have a classroom set up. I am a few minutes away from Heartlands Hospital. It's easy to get to and from the city centre by bus or car.
- When are you available?
- I am available to teach every day, Monday to Friday and Saturday. During the holidays I am more flexible to teach and also offer extra revision classes.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- My classes are designed to teach students from the age of 6 years onwards. I am happy to take on female adults who need help in Maths and English GCSE. Due to the growing demand to support trainee teachers to pass there QTS test, I have full experience to confidently prepare trainees teachers for there QTS test in Literacy and Numeracy. All of my QTS students have passed successfully, please view the testimonials and my QTS website for further details. www.qts-skillstest.co.uk.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a fully enhanced CRB certificate.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have students from all backgrounds from primary to secondary. I also have students who have been here for over 5 years. Furthermore, there are also students from grammar schools who require extra help to achieve A*'s. I have a very good pass rate for my students who have made a vast amount of improvement in Maths and English in the past years.
Send a message to Yasmeen Ahmed
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
I recommend books by Nelson Thornes, one of the leading publishers who have designed their resources to meet students' needs. I would also like to add that another way of stimulating your child to do well and gain extra help in curricular subjects is by playing educational games on the internet. The site that I would recommend is...
Would recommend Yasmeen to anyone who is preparing for QTS. I have learnt so much from these QTS classes. I looked everywhere for someone to tutor me to suit the QTS skills test in numeracy I have learnt so much and feel so much more confident in mental maths and on screen maths now. The materials that are used by Yasmeen helps understand the questions so much easier. I would recommend this tuition to anyone who requires help in sitting the QTS.
- Shabnum (QTS Student )
I would highly recommend Yasmeen for 11 plus preparation. Our daughter managed to secure a place at King Edward Handsworth for Girls. She was very happy, confident and motivated during the whole 11 plus process.
Yasmeen is a very organised and focused tutor who knows exactly how the whole process works. She has flexible classes running all week.
I would recommend this tutor to anyone. Homework was always marked swell as regular feedback.
- Mr and Mrs Shabir (11 Plus Birmingham)
Mrs Ahmed is a unique tutor who can work hard with any child to ensure they are fully prepared for the 11 plus exam. My son has huge gaps in Maths, but the way Mrs Ahmed had the classes structured and organised, it enabled my son to confidently pass and gain a place at King Edward Aston.
I would recommend her to anyone !
- Mrs Razaq (11 Plus Tuition, Birmingham)
We have been sending all our 3 daughters to Yasmeen Ahmed for the past 4 years, they are all in Secondary school, one of whom is studying GCSE Maths and English. Yasmeen has supported our girls so much that they are thriving at school. Without her help and support they would not be in the top set and confident.
Highly recommend this tutor !
- Mr and Mrs Hussain (Small Heath, Birmingham)
I found Yasmeen on tutor pages after a great struggle with QTS preparation. My Maths skills were zero and I had no confidence at all.
I was taught the whole of maths from scratch and not only was I felt comfortable but Yasmeen boost my confidence and motivation. Without her support I would not have passed FIRST time. I would not have gained a place on my PGCE course if it wasn't for Yasmeen.
I also have my son who attends her 11 plus classes who feels very well prepared towards his SATs.
- Shareen Azam (QTS Student)
My daughter attended Yasmeen's classes only 6 months before the 11 plus exam. The strategy and well organised classes enabled my daughter to achieve a very high score for the 11 plus.
We had to travel from far but it was well worth it for the price she offered and the quality of service. My daughter is very happy with Yasmeen and is still attending her classes.
- Ms Blake (Solihull )
My son in year 4 and daughter in year 3 have been attending Mrs Ahmed's classes for the past 5 months. They were below average at school and struggled immensely in Literacy and Numeracy. Both of my children have now moved up 3 sub levels at school and are making rapid progress.
Mrs Ahmed has a small class size and is very organised. She is committed to her job and dedicates everything to ensure a child achieves the best of there ability.
- Ayesha Begum (Birmingham )
Before attending the tuition sessions I was quite bad at maths. I didn't have much time to pass the QTS tests and so when I met Yasmeen she carefully planned the sessions which were convenient for me. She was really nice and friendly and the way the sessions were taught made maths seem simple and easy. She was available whenever I needed her. She was absolutely dedicated to ensure I passed and I did pass first time with ease. The value for money was worth it and I would recommend Yasmeen to everyone.
- Suzanne (QTS Student )
We have never met a tutor like Yasmeen before. We had many bad experiences with previous tutors but finally managed to find Yasmeen who is so passionate and enthusiastic about her teaching which led to our daughter to pass her 11 plus with a high score to obtain a place at King Edward Camp Hill.
She clearly has a strategy that works for children to succeed. Another aspect that helps is her well organised classes and excellent communication skills.
- David and Ruth (11 plus )
After failing twice on both Literacy and Numeracy Skills Test, I felt I had no where to turn. I felt all future prospects of becoming a teacher were over. She identified all my weaknesses with literacy and maths. She worked with me intensely, on a one-to-one basis, tailoring my lessons specific to my needs and gave me the passion and drive to not give up, she gave me the self-esteem I needed.Yasmeen an exceptional tutor, her help and support has made my dream of studying Initial Teacher Training come true.
- Successfully Enrolling into Birmingham City University 2015 Melissa Brown
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages
Here are some other tutors that you may also be interested in: