Find UK Tuition
A-level English Tutors / A-level English Tuition in Leeds
Read more about A-level English
Compare A-level English Tutors in Leeds (West Yorkshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider A-level English Tuition from tutors who can travel to Leeds (West Yorkshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for A-level English Tutor jobs in the Leeds (West Yorkshire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors travelling to LS
|Pete Goodland||Sheffield SYorks, S4|
|Andrea Holland||Norwich, NR1|
|Dr Robert M Ellis||Malvern, WR14|
|Victoria Walden||Walton-on-Thames, KT12|
|Lindsay Nova||Beeston, NG9|
|J Preece||Chiswick & Oxford, W4|
|Laura Pasternack||Ealing, W3|
|Yvonne Mason||Powys, and Online, SY15|
|David Allerton||Lewisham, SE4|
|Elmina Ferguson||North West London, NW2|
|Stephanie Bain||London, SE4|
|Tim Strauss||Brighton, BN1|
|Nicole O'Driscoll||Newcastle Tyne, NE7|
|Louise Laing||London, NW2|
|Ed Martineau||London, WC2|
|Jeff Bragg||Sutton, SM1|
|Jessica Guise||London, N3|
|Miranda Sadek||Eccleshall, ST21|
|Dan Wheeler||Battersea, SW11|
|Abigail Williams||London, N15|
|Nasheed Qamar Faruqi||London, E2|
|Sue Smith||Wokingham, Berks, RG7|
|John McCarthy||North West London, NW3|
|Hannah Moss||Crouch End, N8|
|Hannah Knight||London, N4|
|Rhea Ranjan||London, WC1|
|K Heardman||Plymouth, PL9|
|Liliane||North London, N11|
|Victoria Grigg||Lambeth, London, SW9|
|Ruth Mitchell||Bow, East London, E3|
|Philippa Briscoe||Biggleswade, SG18|
|Tracey Mitchell||Cricklewood, London, NW2|
|Thomas R Williams||London, SW12|
|Kate McCarthy||Bethnal Green, E2|
|Esther Thomas||Exeter, EX1|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Rebecca Felton||London, SW4|
|Gillian Crimp||Tiverton/ Exeter, EX16|
|T Blaukopf||North West London, NW4|
|Mandy Lall||Gravesend, Kent, DA11|
|Anthony Demetriou||Enfield, EN1|
|Greg Buchanan||Wallington, Surrey, SM6|
|Tom Secretan||London, SE1|
|Mr Dalton||Stonnall, WS9|
|Philippa Rumsey||Enfield, EN3|
|Kenneth Gibson||Cheltenham, GL50|
|Cambridge Tutor||Wisbech, Cambs, PE12|
|Jessica Whitehead||London, SW1|
|Deany Judd||Glasgow, G77|
|Emily Prince||Ealing, W5|
|Nicholas Prasad||London, N8|
|P Walker||Southampton, SO15|
|Janette Sedgebeer||London, SE26|
|Emma Murray||Crouch End, N8|
|Stephen Challis||Brighton, BN2|
|Emily Bliss||London, N19|
|Dr Anna Watson||Hull, HU5|
|Philippa Baines||London, SW4|
|Joan Iyiola||London, SE5|
|Kathy Davies||Stroud, GL6|
|Toria Banks||Lewisham, SE13|
|Jon Lynes||Thornton Heath, CR7|
|Amber Armitage||London, N5|
|Helen Skarpari||Blackheath, SE3|
|Bianca Bailey Wilson||Hither Green, SE13|
|Claire Price||London, N1|
|Alice Marshall||Wandsworth, SW17|
|Martin Thomasson||Chorley, PR6|
|Gabrielle Robinson||Worthing, BN11|
|Jack Renninson||Exeter, EX4|
|Basit Kirmani, MA (Cambridge)||London, NW1|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester, NN12|
|Helen Colley||Essex/London, E11|
|Joseph Campbell||London, SE3|
|Jonny Chadwick||Taunton, Somerset, TA6|
|Joseph Alexander Todd||London, W1|
|David Beck||Pewsey, SN9|
|Chris Ellis||Dorking Surrey, RH5|
|Sofia Ruge||London, SE22|
|Dr. Lloyd||Tyne and Wear, SR6|
|Catherine Wright||Brighton, BN1|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||London, W8|
|Manohar Whig||Harrow, HA0|
|Charles Wordsworth||Whitby, YO22|
|Jessie Levene||Hebden Bridge, HX7|
|Tania Rosetta||Ilford, IG4|
|Becca Marriott||London, E16|
|Louise Armstrong||Colne/ Burnley, BB8|
|James Bone||Sutton, SM5|
|Natasha Chan||South Croydon, CR2|
|Sarah Wiesendanger||Guildford, GU12|
|Laura Evans||Worthing, Brighton, BN11|
|Liam H||Stockbridge, Hants, SO20|
|Pat Osborne||Brighton, BN1|
|Max Churcher||London, N11|
|Darren Sargent||Salisbury, Wilts, SP2|
|Robert Kiely||Leyton, London, E10|
|Helen Duff||North London, N16|
|Lindsay Carter||Bristol, BS8|
|David Cleary||Reading, RG4|
|Carol Leach||Whitby, YO22|
|Tamara Galloway||Orpington, BR6|
|Camilla Otaki at Otaki Tuition||Medway, Kent, ME1|
|Dr Seraphin||London, WC1H|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level English
- Personal Message
- Private tutor of 14 years, tutoring French and English to degree level and Maths to Foundation GCSE level. Also help with pronunciation of English and EFL, qualified with a Cambridge CELTA certificate, and PTLLS. I specialise in 11+ as well.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English, French and Maths and English as a Foreign Language. All arts university subjects and social science, I can assist foreign students with English essay writing or English students with essay writing.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a degree in French and European Studies from Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London, and studied English, Spanish and Linguistics on my degree for which I attained a 2:1. I have a Postgraduate Diploma in Information Management in the Cultural Sector so I am a qualified Librarian and Information officer. I gained a Merit for this course. I am a qualified EFL and ESOL teacher, with a Cambridge CELTA certificate, and PTLLS.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 14 years experience of teaching one to one and in small groups in English, French and Maths. I worked as a teaching assistant for two years, in two different schools both in this country and abroad. Also, I ran a homework club, a summer camp, and a summer school including teaching EFL and helping with English and Maths. As well as this I worked as an English Expert raising the grades of children who were failing in their English GCSE. I am currently running a homework club in Leeds, and helping in a local primary school.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £18 an hour for young children and from 11+-adult. If its very far an extra £5. For university level work I charge £20 an hour + £5 for extra travel.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home in Alwoodley in Leeds. I am available immediately- weekday afternoons/evenings and Sundays. In the days in the week I will travel to Leeds City, Harrogate, and surrounding areas to teach in cafes or libraries or at a student's home if appropriate.
- When are you available?
- I am available during the day in the week, and on selected Sundays. Also some evenings, and throughout certain school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach from 3-adult in English and French, and 3-Foundation GCSE (any age) in Maths. I also teach English as a foreign language (all levels) to adults and children.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- SATs, 11+, 13+, GCSE and A level
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have one.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can tutor online, I have a fast broadband connection on Skype.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Harrow College, QMW, City University
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have recently tutored two separate students for 11+ for Maths, English and Verbal Reasoning and Non Verbal Reasoning. I did this intensively over the summer and they were pleased with their tuition and felt their exams went well. I am also currently teaching GCSE English for some students including those who will be taking the new GCSE in 2017, so I am keeping up to date with current developments. I have been teaching a year 5 girl for Maths since last January and she has greatly improved, gained more confidence, and gone up two levels. Also I have been teaching adult students for French and one on a Social Work degree and they have been progressing well. My English as a Foreign Language tuition has included a Hungarian girl, and a Chinese girl as well as other nationalities.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am a patient, motivated, kind, understanding individual who can help you improve your level. Tried and tested techniques, and lots of ideas and creativity.
Send a message to Sara Marks
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more