Find UK Tuition
A-level History Tutors / A-level History Tuition in Halifax
Read more about A-level History
Compare A-level History Tutors in Halifax (West Yorkshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider A-level History Tuition from tutors who can travel to Halifax (West Yorkshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for A-level History Tutor jobs in the Halifax (West Yorkshire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors travelling to HX
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Susan Reed||Winchester, SO23|
|Richard Magee||Warwick, CV34|
|Antonia Kaiya Shang||London, NW3|
|Chloe Masterton||Bath, BA2|
|Dr Abbie Davies||London, SW16|
|Becky Edwards||South West London, SW10|
|Emma Heseltine||Wellingborough, NN29|
|Moneeb Majid||Leeds, LS2|
|Emily Davidson||Winchester, SO23|
|Katrina Durber||Central London, SW1|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Charles Hotham||Balham, London, SW12|
|Julian Coleman||London, NW6|
|Jim Carroll||Weybridge, KT13|
|Rebecca Felton||Clapham, London, SW4|
|Yvonne Mason||Powys, and Online, SY15|
|Sazan Meran||London, NW6|
|Bob Adey||Islington, London, N1|
|Jessica Savage-Hanford||Kingston, Surrey, KT1|
|Pete Goodland||Sheffield SYorks, S4|
|John Lewis||Epsom Surrey, KT17|
|Valeria Powell||South London, SE27|
|Will Wright||Kew, TW9|
|Martine Daniel||York, YO31|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- I am a young, dynamic, Yorkshire-based tutor who is dedicated to assisting students achieve their goals and objectives in terms of their academic, personal or professional development.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- History (All levels up to and including Masters degree level)
Law (All levels up to and including Undergraduate degree level)
English literature (up to and including Scottish Higher Level and A-Level)
Job Application/CV/Personal Statement/Covering letter advice
Interview advice/Assessment Centre preparation
Confidence-building and personal development
Basic IT skills
Business/Academic English for foreign students
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Graduate Diploma in Law from the University of Birmingham, 2007-8.
MA in Modern History from King's College, London, 2006-7.
BA (Hons) in History from the University of Liverpool, 2002-5
A Levels: (English Literature, History and Physics) from the Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School, Aylesbury, 2000-2002.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have four years experience of tutoring the above to A-Level students, undergraduates, Masters students and professionals of all ages.
- How much do you charge?
- All lessons are £25 an hour, unless stated otherwise. I would be willing to travel if these expenses can be covered, and monies for online tuition (which will be done via Skype) will need to be paid to my Paypal account prior to the lesson commencing. However, the initial consultation that I always insist on, is done at half-price, and can take place in a place and at a time suitable for the student.
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in Halifax, Yorkshire, and am willing to travel up to 20 miles from this location. I also teach at home and online, via Skype, so that I can teach on a UK-wide basis.
- When are you available?
- I'm available at any time during the weekends, and on all weekday evenings from 5.30 to 11pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach students of all ages, though primarily at GCSE level and above. I also specialise in helping graduates get into the workplace, through honing skills such as interview technique and CV-building.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare my students for all exams from Key Stage 3, up to and including Masters Degree level subjects.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Online tutoring will be done via Skype. It is important that the monies paid, are deposited to my Paypal account prior to the lesson commencing. I will also do a free consultation session via skype or via email, and payment arrangements can be made that way.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- The Chartered Institute Insurers.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My students at the moment consist of a mixture of undergraduate and A-Level / Scottish Higher students. They have passed their exams satisfactorily, and I look forward to seeing them again in September. I've also had a good deal of experience working with students with learning difficulties and distressed circumstances, and I like to think I've made a positive impact in their moving forward. I recently completed a research project in collaboration with a student of mine relating to how the Russian oligarchy impact the Russian economy, and its place in the global market.
More recently, I've begun to teach at Masters level, in fields such as in Economic History, and have also helped a number of people get the jobs they want, through helping them build their CVs, and becoming more confident with their interview technique. I also have short-term students who need help with summer school, re-takes and dissertations.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am sure that you will find me very friendly and personable, but above all, focused, firm, and intent on helping you achieve your objectives. I look forward to hearing from you!
Send a message to Nathan Williams
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more