Find UK Tuition
Advanced Placement Tutors / Advanced Placement Tuition in East London
Read more about Advanced Placement
Compare Advanced Placement Tutors in East London (Hackney/ Newham/ Tower Hamlets/ Waltham Forest) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Advanced Placement Tuition from tutors who can travel to East London (Hackney/ Newham/ Tower Hamlets/ Waltham Forest) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Advanced Placement Tutor jobs in the East London (Hackney/ Newham/ Tower Hamlets/ Waltham Forest) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in E postcode
|Nasheed Qamar Faruqi||London, E2|
Tutors travelling to E
|Sorry no tutors found|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Advanced Placement
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced, approachable and successful private tutor. English Literature is the primary focus of my work, though I have also worked with students on University Entrance, Study Skills and Academic Writing.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English Literature; Study Skills; Writing and University Entrance.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA Hons. in English Literature from Wadham College, Oxford; an MA in Critical Theory from Queen Mary in London, and an MFA in Filmmaking (as a writer and director) from Columbia University in New York.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 14 years of experience and have worked as a private tutor since completing my undergraduate degree in July 2000: first in London (through Oxford and Cambridge Tutors and independently), then independently in New York and in Paris. In 2006, I had my first experience of working with undergraduates, as a teaching assistant at Columbia University. Since returning to London, I have pursued tutoring as an adjunct to my work as a writer and director.
Each academic year, I work with about half a dozen students, whom I see for regular weekly sessions focusing on their individual needs, whatever their abilities. I also work with at least one home-schooled tutee each year. I have experience of working with dyslexic students, as well as those with other particular needs – from deafness, dyspraxia and depression to a change of schools. Nearer exam time, or as coursework deadlines loom, I tend also to see new students for a quick confidence boost or some focused revision.
- How much do you charge?
- My rates start at £60/hour (£50/hour for students living or willing to meet within 15 minutes of E2 0JN).
- Where do you teach?
- At my students' homes or occasionally at an agreed quiet public place if necessary. I am based in London (Bethnal Green) but am willing to travel for sessions within reason.
- When are you available?
- Monday 12:00 – 19:00
Tuesday 14:00 – 15:00
Wednesday 12:00 – 19:00
Friday 12:30 – 16:30
Saturday 12:00 – 19:00
Sunday 14:00 – 18:00
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- GCSE; A-Level; Pre-U; University Entrance; Undergraduate; Graduate (Study Skills and Certain Specialisms only)
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Oxbridge Entrance; Pre-U; OCR, Edexcel, AQA and CIE AS/A Level and GCSE; IB; BA; MA.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a full CRB Check
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am able to make arrangements for Skype Tutorials - please contact me to find out more.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am registered with one wonderful agency (one of the UK's best agencies), but you can save yourself a hefty introduction fee and commission by contacting me directly.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently tutoring one Pre-U candidate, one A2 student; an IB student and two GCSE candidates (GCSE). I also have one Masters student from Birkbeck College, London.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Tutoring is all about being able to adapt to the way my tutees learn. While no one approach can suit everyone, in general, I seek to help my tutees find the attitudes and tools they need to maximise their potential and enjoyment as students of English Literature. I focus on nurturing productive habits when it comes to reading and writing. These include finding different ways to understand and approach questions. I aspire to share my love of literature, thinking and writing with my students while helping them, and their parents, navigate ever-changing curricula and exam board specifications.
Send a message to Nasheed Qamar Faruqi
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more