Find UK Tuition
Cambridge First Certificate (FCE) Teachers / Cambridge First Certificate (FCE) Tuition in York
Read more about Cambridge First Certificate (FCE)
Compare Cambridge First Certificate (FCE) Teachers in York (North Yorkshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Cambridge First Certificate (FCE) Tuition from tutors who can travel to York (North Yorkshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Cambridge First Certificate (FCE) Teacher jobs in the York (North Yorkshire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in YO postcode
|Beverley Francoise||York, YO26|
|Richard Brassington||York, YO26|
|Karon Rickatson||York/ East Riding, YO41|
Tutors travelling to YO
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Matthew Thompson||Bristol, BS2|
|John Grummitt||Cambridge, CB23|
|Birmingham English||Birmingham, B13|
|Bart Peel||Greenwich, London, SE10|
|Kaja (Blossom Tuition)||Islington N1, N1|
|Timothy Walker||Chesterfield, S40|
|Linda Walden||Tunbridge Wells, TN3|
|Kate Mumford||London, E1W|
|Barbara Tremain||Penzance, TR20|
|Patrizia Pisano||Croydon, CR0|
|Mary Thompson||South London, SW16|
|Margherita Spanu||Hammermisth, W6|
|Martin Faulkner||Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10|
|Jim Carroll||Weybridge, KT13|
|Susan Stephenson||Walton on Thames, KT12|
|Miles Magee||London, N16|
|Peter M Smith||Edinburgh Scotland, EH1|
|Della Creasy||Newbury,Berks., RG14|
|Sara RS||London, W12|
|Esther Thomas||Exeter, EX1|
|Ciara Green||Northolt, UB5|
|Katy Laigh||Montreal, Canada, WC1|
|Nadia Younas||Ealing, W13|
|Mary Broomfield||Bristol, BS20|
|Marie E Paisley||Cambridge, CB1|
|Sandra Burne||Cheltenham, GL51|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Elvira N||London, SE1|
|Alex IELTS Teacher (Cambridge)||Cambridge, CB1|
|Jane Emma||London, WC1A|
|Rosalind||Woking, Guildford, GU22|
|Anne C Wood||poole, BH17|
|Jim Cooney||Swansea, SA2|
|Graham James||London, W8|
|Peter Dennis||London, SE4|
|Alexandra Brooke||Hungerford, RG17|
|Tanya Viroomal||Wimbledon, SW20|
|Carla J||Dubai, fees in AED, D1|
|Tom Spencer||London, SW18|
|Dr. Anne Raabe||Brighton, BN1|
|Adam Dixon||London, E3|
|Marie Paisley||London, W1|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Cambridge First Certificate (FCE)
- Personal Message
- I enjoy working with people of all ages and from all walks of life. My experience is wide-ranging, so please feel free to consult with me whatever your level or needs.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
IELTS: for native speakers (e.g. Australian visa requirements) and non-native speakers (e.g. conditional offers for university entrance); Academic English: dissertation writing/editing, presentation skills, general essay writing skills; Business English: help with English for presentations, conferences, meetings, letters/emails/reports, conversation at business lunches; EFL exam preparation: e.g. Proficiency, CAE, FCE, PET, KET, TOEFL; General English all levels.
Private tutoring for GCSE, Spanish classes for beginner/intermediate students, advanced discussion, everyday conversation classes, translation. Spanish through literature.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I trained as a primary/middle school Geography teacher, but after getting my B.Ed realized that English as a Foreign Language was my real passion, so I retrained as an EFL teacher. After teaching for a number of years overseas,I returned to my studies, taking the DELTA and preparing for British Institute of Linguists translation exams in Spanish.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- TEACHING EXAM PREPARATION EXAMINING PROOFREADING TRANSLATING TEXT BOOK REVIEWS WORKSHOP LEADER
Currently I tutor university students requiring Academic English, professionals who need English for business and/or pleasure, and candidates (of all ages) preparing for official examinations, including GCSE Spanish or English. I am equally comfortable working one-to-one, with a small group, or in a larger class. I also do on-line classes via SKYPE.
My experience has been extremely varied: 20 years + as an EFL/ESP language teacher/consultant; 15 years+ as a Team Leader/Oral Examiner for the Cambridge examinations (e.g. FCE, CAE, Proficiency); experience with students of all ages (youngest 4 yrs, most mature 85 yrs!) with differing objectives; course planning; development of materials for teaching and examining; translation of film scripts, websites, technical manuals, journal articles, conference papers, etc.
Additional experience includes: proofreading of texts written in English e.g. dissertations, essays, reports. Delivery of a range of workshops e.g. presentation skills, debate and discussion, effective communication, write with confidence.
- How much do you charge?
- Prices vary between £20 and £30 per hour depending on length/type of class and location. Special rates negotiable for longer classes/courses/larger groups. Travel expenses depending on distance/convenience of parking.
- Where do you teach?
- I can come to your home, or you can come to mine, whichever is most suitable. I am based between York and Hull. I can travel to anywhere within reason in North or East Yorkshire, including Pocklington, Stamford Bridge, Malton, Driffield.
- When are you available?
- I have hours available during the week, or at weekends, during the day, or in the evenings. Sorry I cannot be more definite about availability, but my work is irregular - we would need to negotiate a timetable together. During the summer months I have more limited availability due to work commitments.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages, all levels - including advanced and academic English. I have worked with Young Learners, adolescents, university students and academics, working professionals and retired people.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- IELTS, Proficiency, CAE, FCE, TOEFL, or other examinations requiring an English test (e.g. Air Traffic Control exams, University entrance exams).
GCSE Spanish, GCSE English
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- No, but I would be willing to get one.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have SKYPE and webcam.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am eclectic in my approach and will try to design a course to suit your needs and individual learning style. Unless I feel it is totally inappropriate, I will challenge you with tasks which require creativity and imagination. I believe I am friendly and easy-going and usually establish a good rapport with my students. However, I expect dedication and hard work from you, please!
Send a message to Karon Rickatson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more