Find UK Tuition
Dance Teachers / Dance Lessons
Read more about Dance
Compare Dance Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. To reduce the results, consider using a specific postcode area when searching for Dance Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Dance Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Helen-Rose Field||Chelmsford, CM2|
|Melissa Asbridge||Stratford, CV3|
|Paul Prifti||Kensington, London, W8|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.
- Personal Message
- I am a full time vocalist, dancer, actress and vocal coach. Working all over the world performing in theatre shows, tours, onboard cruise ships and as a session artist, I naturally progressed to teaching and now run my own voice company.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Vocal Coaching
Voice In Business
Transgendered voice and vocal feminisation
Vocal Health (usually for professions where use of the voice is constant, teachers, lawyers etc)
Engaging an Audience
Special Occasion Speeches
Jazz (lyrical and technical)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold an Extended National Diploma in Musical Theatre and Voice Coaching.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- My whole life has revolved around the voice, so it's no surprise that my passion, expertise and love of voice work led me to forming my own company - The Voice Box. I began her professional career at the age of 16, becoming a full time vocalist, dancer and actress, and I have since worked all over the world performing in theatre shows, tours, onboard cruise ships and as a session artist. My vast performing experience naturally progressed towards teaching and at the age of 20, Melissa opened her doors to accept my first vocal students. My skill base grew as I gained knowledge of other aspects of voice work and The Voice Box brings those skills together to help clients in lots of different areas of both speech and singing. Recently, I have branched out and select voice tutors from around the country are now teaching me tailored syllabi.
Talent, enthusiasm and a natural rapport with people have kept me busy in both a performing and teaching capacity, and today clients from all walks of life, and from all over the globe are receiving tuition from The Voice Box.
- How much do you charge?
- My rates are from £30 an hour depending on subject taught and travel costs etc. Where singing is concerned, I also teach half hour sessions at £15.
- Where do you teach?
- I usually teach from home but depending on circumstances, can also travel to students homes or find an alternative space.
- When are you available?
- I am available monday-friday where diary spaces allow, there may be a small waiting period until a time slot becomes available.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all levels and ages from 6+
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Students can choose whether or not to work towards examinations in singing, ie Rock School exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I hold a current CRB.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- For most aspects of voice work (other than singing), skype sessions work well, we are still able to cover the ground we need and I've never encountered an issue (a web-cam is a requirement for these sessions as I need to be able to see you!).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained at the Academy of Performing Arts.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I teach students from all walks of life:
Children learning to sing
Actors moving into Musical Theatre
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My vast experience of my work enables me to quickly recognise your needs and goals. I'm an enthusiastic passionate teacher who will make you feel at ease, improve your confidence and leave you with a smile on your face!
Send a message to Melissa Asbridge
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more