Find UK Tuition
GCSE Media Studies Tutors / GCSE Media Studies Tuition in West London
Read more about GCSE Media Studies
Compare GCSE Media Studies Tutors in West London (Ealing/ Hammersmith & Fulham/ Kensington & Chelsea) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider GCSE Media Studies Tuition from tutors who can travel to West London (Ealing/ Hammersmith & Fulham/ Kensington & Chelsea) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for GCSE Media Studies Tutor jobs in the West London (Ealing/ Hammersmith & Fulham/ Kensington & Chelsea) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in W postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Gabrielle Robinson||Orpington, Kent, BR6|
|Jessica Savage-Hanford||Kingston, Surrey, KT1|
|Martine Daniel||York, YO31|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Media Studies
- Personal Message
- I am 25 years old and Curriculum Leader of Media Studies and Film Studies at my school for KS4 and KS5. I currently work full time teaching at a secondary school for girls and am looking to take on additional students.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English at KS3 and KS4, Media at KS4 and Drama which I have taught at KS3 during training but I have the knowledge to teach at KS4 also. I also teach KS4 Psychology.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I took a three year Drama Degree at Exeter University before completing my PGCE in Secondary English, Media and Drama, which I passed with merit. I have taught the new GCSE at vocational and academic level and have attended AQA training to teach the new course. I have taught (and am still teaching):
- KS3 English
- KS4 English Literature and Language (AQA and Edexcel previously)
- KS5 English Literature (AQA Spec A)
- KS4 Media Studies (OCR)
I am Curriculum Leader of Media Studies at my school, beginning a new Film Studies GCSE course for students in the next academic year and will also be taking over KS5 Media Studies and Film Studies.
I have previously 1-2-1 tutored students at both GCSE and KS3 levels for English both in school and privately.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have lots of experience, frequently taking on mentoring groups for GCSE students at different levels through initiatives at my school as well as privately taking on KS3 and GCSE students privately on a 1-2-1 basis.
I am a full time teacher with English and Media Studies and teach the whole spectrum of abilities. I teach vocational and academic GCSE English groups in school which requires a lot of differetiating in order to meet the students varying needs. I also teach a blend of tops sets, mixed and lower ability KS3 groups.
- How much do you charge?
- £25 per hour for KS3
£30 per hour for KS4.
£35 per hour for KS5.
Additional charges will apply if I have to travel. Please contact to discuss.
I would consider taking a pair of students for £40, as long as they were at the same level e.g. two students both taking GCSE English in year 10.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at students' homes and have recently moved which means I am looking for new students. I would travel to Harrow and Harrow-on-the-Hill. I will consider other areas if the travel is reasonable.
- When are you available?
- Wednesday, Thursday - Harrow, Harrow on the Hill - 6pm onwards
Weekends are negotiable (Sunday's evenings potentially available but may be subject to change)
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- KS3, KS4 and KS5 AS level specifically.
11-17 year olds
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE English
AS Level English Literature
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a current CRB through my school.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained with London Metropolitan Universtity for my English, Media and Drama PGCE qualification in 2010
I am originally from Somerset and took my Drama degree at Exeter University in Devon.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am a friendly person; I get on well with young people and help them to relax in to their work. I like to use a variety of different means to get my point across; modelling answers, creating a bank of words to help you form your responses as well as having a little fun and building understanding together. I have extensive resources and am up-to-date with the current specifications due to working in a school full-time during the day.