Find UK Tuition
GCSE Media Studies Tutors / GCSE Media Studies Tuition in West London
Read more about GCSE Media Studies
Compare GCSE Media Studies Tutors in West London (Ealing/ Hammersmith & Fulham/ Kensington & Chelsea) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider GCSE Media Studies Tuition from tutors who can travel to West London (Ealing/ Hammersmith & Fulham/ Kensington & Chelsea) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for GCSE Media Studies Tutor jobs in the West London (Ealing/ Hammersmith & Fulham/ Kensington & Chelsea) area then sign-up here.
Tutors travelling to W
|Elizabeth Howell||New Cross, SE8|
|Gabrielle Robinson||Worthing, BN11|
|Victoria Walden||Walton-on-Thames, KT12|
|Max Churcher||London, N11|
|English tutor Herne Hill||London, SE24|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Media Studies
- Personal Message
- I am a creative, energetic and dedicated tutor with a loyalty to all of my pupils. I offer tailored support, step-by-step guidance and equip pupils with the skills, knowledge and exam techniques they need to get the results they deserve.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I am an English specialist and also tutor English as an Additional Language ( EAL)
I provide extensive English tuition for all major exams including: 11+, 13+ ( Common Entrance), GCSE and IGCSE( English Language and English Literature ), and A level
( English Literature). I also tutor at Key stages two and three: years 5, 6, 7 , 8 and 9 to increase pupils' overall attainment levels and confidence in English.
In addition I teach Art and Design to GCSE level and A level and Drama and Media Studies to GCSE level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold a BA ( Honours) degree from The London Institute, a CELTA qualification to teach English as an additional Language from The University of Cambridge, an Acting Diploma from Drama Studio, London and a PGCE in Secondary Education from The University of Plymouth.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have nine years' teaching experience and have worked as a private tutor for three and a half years. Having worked in a wide profile of schools both in the UK and internationally, within the state and Independent sectors has given me extensive experience and expertise to draw on as a teacher and tutor.I am currently working in an 'Outstanding' school teaching English and Drama.
- How much do you charge?
- £20-35 per hour depending on length , level and location. I also offer a discounted consultation lesson.
Group bookings are at a reduced rate of £15 per hour per pupil ( 2-4 pupils) and £10 per hour ( 5+ pupils)
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to come to pupils' homes or to tutor in a public space, (libraries or quiet cafes work very well).
I tutor predominantly in west London ( am Based in Ealing Broadway) but can travel anywhere to zone 4. (If the destination is in zone 5 or further, I charge £10 to cover additional travel costs and travel time over one hour).
- When are you available?
- I am available weekday evenings between 5pm and 9pm , Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
Half terms and school holidays I have availability for advanced bookings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach ages 9- 19 at key stage 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- 11+ , 13+ Common Entrance, GCSE , IGCSE, A Level and IELTS Exams
I also offer UCAS application statement guidance and support.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I tutor online via Skype or telephone
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- General Teaching Council ( GTC)
National Union of Teachers ( NUT)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Weekly tuition for a year 6 boy in preparation for his 11+ exam to Magdelene College, Oxford. Focusing on Creative Writing skills and verbal reasoning.
Have recently finished tutoring a Year 11 girl for her GCSE Art exam. Originally a C/B borderline candidate, She has now been awarded an A* for her 60% coursework and exam to follow.
Intensive tuition for a Year 11 boy for his IGCSE English exams.: His overall Language grade has increased from a C- to a B and his Literature from a C+ to an A
Tutoring a year 10 girl for her English GCSE ( AQA) next year . We are currently focusing on analysing non fiction texts for Language and 'The Merchant of Venice' for Literature
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- As a student it is very important to have lessons which are stimulating and enjoyable with material explained clearly and simply in order to absorb,retain and remember what you are learning. As a tutor, I am creative, clear and patient whilst providing you with a focused, up beat and well structured framework for your progress so that you know what your academic destination is and exactly what the journey is to get there without the added stress or pressure; just feeling inspired and driven to hit gold plated excellence!
Send a message to Emily Prince
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more