Find UK Tuition
GCSE Media Studies Tutors / GCSE Media Studies Tuition in West London
Read more about GCSE Media Studies
Compare GCSE Media Studies Tutors in West London (Ealing/ Hammersmith & Fulham/ Kensington & Chelsea) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider GCSE Media Studies Tuition from tutors who can travel to West London (Ealing/ Hammersmith & Fulham/ Kensington & Chelsea) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for GCSE Media Studies Tutor jobs in the West London (Ealing/ Hammersmith & Fulham/ Kensington & Chelsea) area then sign-up here.
Tutors travelling to W
|Sanam Arora||Harrow, HA1|
|Gabrielle Robinson||Worthing, BN11|
|Sanam Arora||Harrow, HA1|
|English tutor Herne Hill||London, SE24|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Media Studies
- Personal Message
- I am a creative, energetic and dedicated tutor with a loyalty to all my pupils. I offer focused support, step-by-step guidance and equip pupils with the skills, knowledge and exam techniques they need to get the results they deserve.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I am an English specialist and tutor English as an Additional Language ( EAL)
I provide extensive English tuition for all major exams including: 11+, 13+ Common Entrance, GCSE ( English Language and English Literature ), IGCSE, and A level ( English Literature). I also tutor at Key stage three: years 7 , 8 and 9 to increase pupils' overall levels.
I also teach Art at GCSE and A level and Drama and Media Studies at GCSE.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA ( Honours) degree from The London Institute, a CELTA qualification to teach English as an additional Language from The University of Cambridge, an acting Foundation Diploma from Drama Studio, London and a PGCE in Secondary Education from The University of Plymouth.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have nine years' teaching experience and have worked as a private tutor for four years. Having worked in a wide mix of schools both in the UK and international ; public
and private sectors has given me extensive experience and expertise to draw on as a teacher and tutor.I am currently working in an 'Outstanding' state school in West London. and at 'The Afghan Association' Saturday school where I teach GCSE exam skills and literacy.
- How much do you charge?
- £20-35 per hour depending on length , level and location. I also offer a discounted consultation lesson.
Group bookings are at a reduced rate of £15 per hour per pupil ( 2-4 pupils) and £10 per hour ( 5+ pupils)
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to come to pupils' homes or to tutor in a public space, (libraries or quiet cafes are good options).
I travel anywhere to and including zone 4. (If the destination is in zone 5 or further, I charge £10 to cover additional travel costs and travel time over one hour).
- When are you available?
- I am available weekday evenings between 5pm and 9pm , Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
Half terms and school holidays I have availability for advanced bookings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach ages 10- 19 at key stage 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- 11+ , 13+, GCSE , IGCSE A Level and IELTS Exams
I also offer UCAS application statement assistance.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I tutor online via Skype.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- General Teaching Council ( GTC)
National Union of Teachers ( NUT)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Weekly tuition for a year 6 boy in preparation for his 11+ exam to Magdelene College, Oxford. Focusing on Creative Writing skills and verbal reasoning.
Year 11 girl for her GCSE Art coursework. Her grade has risen from a B- to an A in four sessions
Year 11 boy for his English Literature exam. Currently working on AQA 'Conflict ' poetry: His overall literature grade has increased from an A to A*
Tutoring 19 year old girl from Sri Lanka for her IELTS exams.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- It is important (but not always possible) to connect with your educator (be it a teacher or a tutor). If you can't relate to them, it can be difficult to absorb and understand what they are teaching you, no matter how much they may know. As a tutor, I am easy going, approachable and patient whilst providing you with a focused, up beat and well structured framework for your progress so that you know what your academic goals are and exactly how to reach them without the stress or pressure; just feeling inspired and driven to hit gold plated excellence.
Send a message to Emily Prince
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more