Find UK Tuition
Higher Maths Tutors / Higher Maths Tuition in North West London
Read more about Higher Maths
Compare Higher Maths Tutors in North West London (Barnet/ Brent/ Camden) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Higher Maths Tuition from tutors who can travel to North West London (Barnet/ Brent/ Camden) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Higher Maths Tutor jobs in the North West London (Barnet/ Brent/ Camden) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in NW postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
Tutors travelling to NW
|Sam Jenkins||Ladywell SE London, SE13|
|Dr Freeman||Edinburgh, EH7|
|Philip Bradfield||Dunfermline, Fife, KY12|
|Sam Jenkins||Ladywell SE London, SE13|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Higher Maths
- Personal Message
- Hello! I have experience, patience, understanding and expertise in teaching Pure maths, Mechanics and Statistics.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Mathematics, including Further Maths, Mechanics and Statistics to A-level and GCSE.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BSc degree in Psychology and Mathematics from London University and a teacher's certificate, each dating from the 1960s.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Most of my 35 years' experience has been teaching in south London and Kent.
I have also taught overseas, in Zambia.
I have lectured in Business IT at the University of Westminster.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 per hour.
Group discounts can be negotiated.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in my pupils' homes.
Most of my clients are from south London; occasionally I travel to Essex, North Kent, or to central London.
I teach anywhere within London Rail Zones 1 - 6, but I do not teach outside that area.
This year I have decided to go to all my pupils by public transport, wherever possible.
- When are you available?
- I am available most days, with the exception of Sundays, when I play with some of my SEVEN grandchildren!
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach pupils over the age of 16, to GCSE, A-level and University entrance examinations. I also teach undergraduates who need mathematical support, for example first-year medical students, engineering students and trainee teachers.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Most of my students are working for their A-levels in Maths, Mechanics or Statistics.
Occasionally I get requests to prepare people for University entrance, or to help with Statistics projects.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I had a CRB certificate, several years ago, which is now out of date.
I must point out that for the good of all concerned, if I am teaching a pupil under 18 years, it is essential that another responsible adult is somewhere in the house.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have decided to offer on-line tuition using a combination of Skype and email.
The first hour is free; thereafter the usual rates apply.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am registered with the General Teaching Council for England.
Teacher reference number: 63/16475
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained at Goldsmiths' College and at Birkbeck College in the University of London.
That was in the 1960s!
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Four of my pupils are studying A-level maths, and two are studying the International Baccalaureate (IB) course.
I'm happy to say that three of them have returned after I taught them last year - that kind of endorsement makes me very happy!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- RULES for SUCCESS:
1. Do your Homework!
2. Stay on good terms with your teacher/lecturer/professor!
WARNING: If you do not do any work on your own, then you're probably wasting your money!
NB: For adults and those who have left school, college or university.
If you want a qualification, join a course at a recognized college or adult education institute.
I have only once met a student who succeeded by entirely private study.