Find UK Tuition
Jazz Trombone Teachers / Jazz Trombone Lessons in South East London
Read more about Jazz Trombone
Compare Jazz Trombone Teachers in South East London (Greenwich/ Lambeth/ Lewisham/ Southwark) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Jazz Trombone Lessons from tutors who can travel to South East London (Greenwich/ Lambeth/ Lewisham/ Southwark) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Jazz Trombone Teacher jobs in the South East London (Greenwich/ Lambeth/ Lewisham/ Southwark) area then sign-up here.
Tutors travelling to SE
|James Harold||London, N7|
|Neil Doherty||Southampton, Hants, SO15|
|Duncan Morrell||Harrogate, HG3|
|Jon Spanyol||London, NW5|
|Adrian Gibson||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|David Roode||Ealing, W13|
|Ellie Smith||Manchester,Worsley, M30|
|James Harold||London, N7|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Trombone
- Personal Message
- Encouraging and supportive tuition for your individual needs.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Trumpet (classical and jazz), Flugelhorn, Cornet, Jazz Improvisation, Classical/Jazz Theory.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BMusHons (1st Class) Degree in Music specialising in Jazz Trumpet from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.
Masters Degree in Jazz Trumpet from Trinity College of Music (scholarship prize on entrance to the course).
In 2009/2010 I studied at the Siena International Summer School with Jazz Masters including Eddie Henderson, Avishai Cohen and Marco Tamburini. At the end of the '09 course I was awarded a scholarship prize for outstanding contribution.
I received my Grade 8 trumpet over ten years ago along with trombone and jazz piano exams.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have had five years private teaching experience children right through to mature students. I have experience teaching beginners right through to advance jazz improvisation. I work for the Ecam (every child a musician-Newham) music scheme in which I teach trumpet to year 5 and 6 children in several schools in East London. I have put people through ABRSM classical and jazz exams and have helped people prepare for Undergraduate/Masters level music college auditions for jazz courses.
I have performed with my own groups in Rochester International Jazz Festival (USA), Brecon Jazz Festival, Switzerland and major venues in London, Wales and the South West. I have played in many big bands including NYJO, The Bobby Lamb Big Band, and The Stuart Fowler Jazz Orchestra. I have recently joined the touring band for reggae superstar Max Romeo and also have performed with artists Mikey General and Lee Scratch Perry. I have experience in the session world and have recently recorded for Warner Brothers Music.
- How much do you charge?
- £30 per hour (£20 for half an hour).
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in Lewisham in my house. The location benefits from fantastic public transport access with the Overground, DLR, and several 24 hour bus routes.
- When are you available?
- I am very flexible and can find a time to suit us both!
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am comfortable teaching all ages. I teach all levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM and Trinity/Guildhall graded examinations, GCSE/ A-level performance exams, and entry to music college/university.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Up to date CRB Certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I studied for four years with Steve Waterman, Gethin Liddington and Geoff Simkins at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. At Trinity College of Music I studied with Chris Batchelor, Julian Siegel, Martin Speake and Simon Purcell. I have had classical training from Kevin Price (Head of Brass-RWCMD). These are all well established professional musicians many with an international reputation.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- One of my current students wishes to be able to play trumpet in his church band. I have been working with him on major scales and writing short melodies for him based on each scale. I give him a new major key every week to work on plus new pieces of music to learn. We have been working on several topics of trumpet technique including tonguing, slurring, and sound/tone. Once he is fluent in all twelve major keys we will work on minor scales and start work on longer melodies and technical exercises. He is making great progress!
I have taught students of all abilities from beginner lessons right through to preparation for music college. I have had students interested in classical technique/performance, jazz improvisation, and theory. I always make sure my students have goals and work with them to reach their targets.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Whatever age or level you are at I am keen to work with you to reach your goals. I believe that with enthusiasm and commitment great progress can be made!
Send a message to Evan Clegg
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more