Find UK Tuition
Key Stage 1 Maths Tutors / Key Stage 1 Maths Tuition in Birmingham
Read more about Key Stage 1 Maths
Compare Key Stage 1 Maths Tutors in Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Key Stage 1 Maths Tuition from tutors who can travel to Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Key Stage 1 Maths Tutor jobs in the Birmingham (Warwickshire/ West Midlands) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in B postcode
|Yasmeen Ahmed||Birmingham, B9|
|Sam Kam||Birmingham, B16|
|Stephen Miller||Birmingham, B31|
|Jacqueline Anderson||Birmingham, B42|
|Melanie Phipps||Cradley Heath, B64|
|Ellie Dennis||Solihull, B93|
Nearby Tuition Centres
|Explore Learning Kings Heath||Birmingham, B14|
|Explore Learning Harborne||Birmngham, B17|
|Explore Learning Birmingham Yardley||Birmingham, B26|
|Kip McGrath Handsworth/Perry Barr||Birmingham, B43|
|Explore Learning Oldbury||Oldbury, B69|
|Explore Learning Birmingham Wylde Green||Birmingham, B72|
|Explore Learning Shirley||Shirley, B90|
|Explore Learning Redditch||Redditch, B97|
Tutors travelling to B
|Oliver Beckett||Wood Green (NE), N22|
|Mrs Thanvi||South Woodford, E18|
|Miss Olubi||Ealing & Ruislip, W5|
|Samantha Pettifer||Rugby, CV22|
|Miss Abhi||Watford, Herts, WD19|
|Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor||London, NW3|
|Mrs. Preeti Baviskar||Mill Hill East, N12|
|Adrian Beckett||Charlton, SE18|
|David Wells||London, NW2|
|Rachel deG||Putney, SW17|
|Joanne Leach||Southgate, Enfield, N14|
|Louisa Gray||Isleworth, TW7|
|Jay Patel||Park Royal, NW10|
|Mohammad Bari||East London, E7|
|Harri Parish||Lambeth, SE24|
|Amy Yuan LRAM||Kensington, SW7|
|Julie Roberts||Plymouth, PL3|
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Mark Parris||London, SE25|
|Tiffani Vinyard||Hemel Hempstead, HP2|
|Trish Almlof||Wimbledon, SW20|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Sara Sewell||Rugby, CV22|
|Abigail Williams||London, N15|
|zhiying||Sipson, Hillingdon, UB7|
|Mike Ford||London (N1), N1|
|Sue Perkins||Camberley, Surrey, GU46|
|Ruth Farrell||Burton on Trent, DE15|
|Alex Wingfield||London, N16|
|Joseph Alexander Todd||London, W1|
|Abdur-Rahman Chachia||Balham, SW17|
|Tina Hemphill||Banbury, OX16|
|Mrs Bhatia||Clayhall, Ilford, IG5|
|Peta Cornish||London, NW2|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Shu-Chen Warner||Croydon, Reigate, CR3|
|Abi Mogul||Wembley, Harrow, HA0|
|Geek School Ltd||Bromley, BR1|
|Kavitha Ravindran||Welwyn Garden City, AL8|
|Mike Chick||Exeter, EX4|
|Kap Anand||Hayes, UB5|
|Mr.Kanesalingam||Ilford, Essex, IG3|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 1 Maths
- Personal Message
- I am a qualified, approachable and professional tutor with nine years teaching experience. I am friendly and patient and I believe in building a student's confidence to help them achieve their potential.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I am qualified to teach:
- Chemistry and Biology to Key Stage 3, GCSE and A Level
- General and Applied Science to Key Stage 3 and GCSE
I also have experience of teaching:
- Science and Maths to primary aged pupils
- Maths to Key Stage 3 and GCSE
- English as an Additional Language
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- My first degree is a Master of Chemistry with Biology (MChem hons). I achieved this at the University of Liverpool in 2004.
I then achieved my Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) at the University of Nottingham in 2006.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- For the last nine years I have taught:
- Chemistry and Biology to Key Stage 3, GCSE and A Level (in a secondary school environment)
- General and Applied Science to Key Stage 3 and GCSE (in a secondary school environment)
- A range of examination boards, including AQA, OCR, Edexcel and also the IGCSE qualification
- In both a comprehensive and an independent school
- One-to-one private tutoring sessions to secondary students finding Chemistry, Biology and Science a challenge
- One-to-one private tutoring sessions to students needing to achieve the highest A Level Chemistry and Biology grades for entry into Medicine and Oxbridge
- One-to-one private tutoring sessions to primary aged pupils seeking help in Mathematics and Science
As well as teaching and private tutoring I also work as an Examiner so I have an additional insight into exam preparation and marking.
One of my roles at the independent school was to mark entry examinations, so I am able to prepare students for these exams.
Before qualifying as a teacher I volunteered for Eon's Right to Read Programme, helping primary aged pupils with literacy. I also volunteered in a Special Needs Sixth Form, helping pupils with writing, reading, science, mathematics and skills such as cooking.
I worked as a Research Scientist for GlaxoSmithKline during my industrial placement year at university. I frequently draw on this application of Chemistry and Biology to stretch and challenge pupils wanting to achieve the highest grades for university entry.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 per hour and give discounts to siblings and small group lessons.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from home, as well as in students' homes throughout Birmingham, Solihull and surrounding areas.
- When are you available?
- I teach evenings and weekends throughout the year.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I tutor both primary and secondary aged pupils.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for A Levels, GCSEs, Entry Examinations and SATS.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I received an Enhanced CRB check both when I qualified to become a teacher and also when I started teaching in a secondary school.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Throughout my time at University and in my teaching career I have formed links with Salters, The Royal Society of Chemistry, Society for General Microbiology, the General Teaching Council and the Association of Teachers and Lecturers.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Here are some testimonials from recent students (they are happy to be contacted if you wish to speak to them further):
Ellie has been a fantastic tutor for me! She has always been available, very patient and friendly and has really helped me to get a grasp on A level Chemistry studies, and has helped me achieve the grades i've needed as well as improving my confidence for the subject! Ellie has always been very supportive and has a brilliant way of breaking down the most complex aspects of the subject into manageable sections. She's a lovely person, very intelligent and has a genuine enthusiam for chemistry and is always there for you and ready to help! I couldn't have done it without her! I'd recommend her to anyone! Hannah
Ellie is an absolutely excellent tutor in every respect. She is very patient, totally reliable, inspires confidence and is extremely knowledgeable. She is very good at making really complex subjects easy to understand, so much so that I am now planning to continue my chemistry A level studies. I would not hesitate to ask for her assistance again and already plan to see her again in October. She is very approachable and immediately puts you at ease. I could not have wished for a better tutor. Emma
I have now been taught by Ellie within the school environment and through tutoring. She is a lovely kind hearted person who knows the ins and outs of all exams. With plenty of resources, experience and help to give you, I would go as far as saying Ellie is one of the best teachers I have had. Ellie is 100% dedicated and will help you strive to achieve your goals, whatever they may be. I highly recommend Ellie to anyone looking for a tutor. Sophie
Dear Ellie - we've just got the results and he achieved his A. We cannot thank you enough for what you have done for him. Ravi
Hi Ellie, just to let you know I got an A overall in Chemistry and would like to thank you for helping me achieve it. There is no way I could have got that without you. I am looking forward to taking my gap year and applying for Medicine next year. Simran
Ellie really helps you understand the course content and answers all the questions you have. She provides you with so much help in the way of past papers and detailed specifications. Ellie is also really good when it comes to fitting more lessons in near exam time. This was really helpful and she was very reassuring for my exams. Alice
After a rough year 12 we sought Chemistry tuition. After one lesson with Ellie it is lovely to see the glimpse of positivity back in our son. Adrian
Ellie could always find a way to explain so that the topic could be understood and easy to grasp. And she was always able to answer my questions (and I had a lot of questions!) Amy
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I thoroughly enjoy motivating my students and my passion is teaching students of all abilities. My students tell me I help them to enjoy learning and to break down complex information into more manageable sections. As well as preparing students for examinations I try to inspire them to apply their knowledge beyond the focus of exams. I strongly believe that learning should be enjoyable and accessible to everyone.
I understand how daunting it can be for parents and students to begin tuition so I am more than happy for parents to stay during my lessons.
I can provide references and testimonials from my previous students and the schools I have worked for, as well as an enhanced CRB check.
I am happy to set homework, mark examination papers and give detailed feedback, as well as organise additional lessons during examination periods.
Send a message to Ellie Dennis
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more