Find UK Tuition
Key Stage 2 English Tutors / Key Stage 2 English Tuition in York
Read more about Key Stage 2 English
Compare Key Stage 2 English Tutors in York (North Yorkshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Key Stage 2 English Tuition from tutors who can travel to York (North Yorkshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Key Stage 2 English Tutor jobs in the York (North Yorkshire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in YO postcode
|Carol Leach||Whitby, YO22|
|Charles Wordsworth||Whitby, YO22|
|Diane Kirk||York, YO31|
Tutors travelling to YO
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Alice Marshall||Wandsworth, SW17|
|Mrs P||Enfield, EN3|
|Carla J||Dubai, fees in AED, D1|
|Rosemary Hector||Lancing/Worthing, BN15|
|Mary Thompson||South London, SW16|
|Mandy Lall||Gravesend, Kent, DA11|
|Denise Byrne||Islington, N5|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Tiffani Vinyard||Hemel Hempstead, HP2|
|Samantha Pettifer||Rugby, CV22|
|Bryan Dadson||London, SW18|
|Gabrielle Jourdan||North London, NW1|
|Ruth Farrell||Burton on Trent, DE15|
|Nicholas Prasad||London, N8|
|Sarah Wiesendanger||Guildford, GU12|
|Julie Roberts||Plymouth, PL3|
|Helen Skarpari||NEW MALDEN, KT3|
|Helen Colley||Essex/London, E11|
|Miranda Wirz||Eccleshall, ST21|
|Miss Olubi||Ealing & Ruislip, W5|
|Stephen Leatherdale||Colchester, Essex, CM9|
|Dr Rajandra Shah||Northampton, NN1|
|Seval (Miss)||Battersea, SW8|
|Tamsin Dundas||Highgate, N2|
|Pauline Midwinter||Ashford, TN23|
|Catherine Wright||London, SW16|
|Jill Dowling||Marlow, Bucks, SL7|
|Mrs Bhatia||Clayhall, Ilford, IG5|
|Helen Duff||North London, N16|
|Surita||Caversham, Reading, RG4|
|Teresa Chilton||Worcester, WR4|
|English tutor Herne Hill||London, SE24|
|Yvonne Mason||Powys, and Online, SY15|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Gerard A Specialist 11+ Tutor||London, SE3|
|James Bone||Balham, SW12|
|Dr Margaret Nwagwu||Nottingham, NG8|
|Nadia Ilyas||Bristol, BS16|
|Edmund Lovatt||Oxford, OX1|
|Roxanne S.||Crouch End, N8|
|Janette Sedgebeer||London, SE26|
|Mr.Kanesalingam||Ilford, Essex, IG3|
|Mary Kidson||Ledbury, HR8|
|Keith Wilmot||Birmingham, B31|
|Louisa Gray||West London, TW7|
|Natasha Chan||South Croydon, CR2|
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Basit Kirmani, MA (Cambridge)||Baker Street, NW1|
|Sara Marks||Leeds, LS17|
|Elmina Ferguson||North West London, NW2|
|Geek School Ltd||Bromley, BR1|
|James Heath||Birmingham, B1|
|H Backley||Heathfield, TN21|
|Monica Janssens||London, TN36|
|Jeff Bragg||Sutton, SM1|
|Tina Hemphill||Banbury, OX16|
|Ben Noakes||Brighton or London, BN7|
|Tim Strauss||Brighton, BN1|
|Ruth Mitchell||Bow, East London, E3|
|Pete Goodland||Sheffield SYorks, S4|
|Emily Hale||Forest Hill, SE23|
|Alexandra Beeley||East Dulwich, SE22|
|Nicholas Parkinson||South East London, SE26|
|Mr Dalton||Stonnall, WS9|
|B sharma||Chelmsford, CM1|
|Mrs Thanvi||South Woodford, E18|
|Kathryn Dalton||walsall, WS3|
|Janina B-S||North London, N19|
|Victoria Grigg||Lambeth, London, SW9|
|Gabrielle Robinson||Worthing, BN11|
|Kristina Symons||Eltham, SE9|
|Natasha Tiwari||Kent, ME8|
|Joanne Leach||Southgate, Enfield, N14|
|Estelle Makin||Beeston/ Nottingham, NG9|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Edward Mason||Guildford, GU2|
|Claire Price||London, SW4|
|Linda de Klerk||Herne Hill, SE24|
|Oliver Beckett||Wood Green (NE), N22|
|Lindsay Nova||Dartford, DA9|
|Joseph Alexander Todd||London, SE14|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 2 English
- Personal Message
- After several years as a passionate and scholarly English teacher, mostly at GCSE and AS/A Level, I now concentrate on 1:1 tuition which I really love. I believe that everyone can improve with effort and help, at any age. Get in touch if you do too.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English at all levels from primary school reading and literary skills to undergraduate studies. My specialisms are GCSE and AS/A Level but I can also help you to boost your results in the IGCSE and the IB Language and Literature components. If you are a University student, I may also be able to help you. I have taught undergraduate students at the University of Huddersfield where I specialized in tutoring both undergraduates and postgraduates, including those training to teach and those with English as another language wanting to improve their written and spoken English, whatever their degree subjects.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a degree in English Language and Literature from Bangor University and more recently I gained an MA by research at the University of York. I have been a qualified teacher of English since 1990.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have recently tutored local school and college pupils who needed help with their AS, A2 and GCSE English grades as well as helping school leavers to write a professional CV to apply for jobs.
I have taught English to young people and adults for 24 years: first in the classroom, then at national conferences as a guest lecturer and now as a private tutor.
I enjoy working with pupils and students of all abilities and reasons for needing help, from getting an A* grade at A level to lifting the confidence of 11 year olds who might need greater personalised support or a more detailed explanation than they might get in class.
Writing text-books for A Level students and resources for GCSE students, my focus is always on what will help you to learn, in or out of the classroom.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge between £12 and £20. Generally, the more preparation and marking involved, the higher up the scale it costs. If you book more than once a week or opt to share your time with another student the prices drop accordingly.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home but can travel to your house, depending on the time and transport options. I am sure we can arrange something mutually convenient.
- When are you available?
- I am self-employed as a private tutor, text-book author, writer of educational materials, government subject expert and senior examiner. This means we can sort a time that suits us both, around my work and your school/commitments. I can work day or evening, Monday to Saturday, including in the school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Pupils of any age are welcome from primary to undergraduate. Usually, I teach secondary specialising in GCSE and AS/A Level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare students for GCSE, IGCSE, AS/A level and the IB. I can support undergraduates who need English support on their degree courses whatever the subject.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have an up-to-date DBS.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can tutor online using Skype and email.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- As an experienced senior examiner in English, I am a member of the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors (CIEA).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained as a teacher at Thames Polytechnic (now the University of Greenwich) in 1990.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- At the moment, I am supporting a GCSE student who wants to improve his D grade to a C grade and an A Level student who is brushing-up on her technical grasp of the English language and developing her essay writing skills and exam technique in preparation for the summer exam.
I have also been online tutoring a university student who needs help with studying phonetics, language acquisition and sociolinguistics, writing commentaries and structuring assignments, as well as working with a secondary school student who needs general help with written English as another language.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- If you think I can help you, please get in touch. I'd love to contribute to your improved understanding - and even interest - in a subject and a job that I have been passionate about all my life .
Send a message to Carol Leach
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more