Find UK Tuition
Key Stage 2 English Tutors / Key Stage 2 English Tuition in York
Read more about Key Stage 2 English
Compare Key Stage 2 English Tutors in York (North Yorkshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Key Stage 2 English Tuition from tutors who can travel to York (North Yorkshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Key Stage 2 English Tutor jobs in the York (North Yorkshire) area then sign-up here.
Nearby Tuition Centres
|Explore Learning York||York, YO32|
Tutors travelling to YO
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Geek School Ltd||Bromley, BR1|
|Kathryn Dalton||walsall, WS3|
|Gerard A Specialist 11+ Tutor||London, SE3|
|Denise Byrne||Islington, N5|
|Jeff Bragg||Sutton, SM1|
|Claire Price||London, SW4|
|Monica Janssens||London, TN36|
|Samantha Pettifer||Rugby, CV22|
|Tina Hemphill||Banbury, OX16|
|Bryan Dadson||London, SW18|
|Julie Roberts||Plymouth, PL3|
|Victoria Grigg||Lambeth, London, SW9|
|Emily Bliss||London, N19|
|Emily Hale||Forest Hill, SE23|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Miss Olubi||Ealing & Ruislip, W5|
|Oliver Beckett||Wood Green (NE), N22|
|H Backley||Heathfield, TN21|
|Surita||Caversham, Reading, RG4|
|Nicholas Parkinson||South East London, SE26|
|Nicholas Prasad||London, N8|
|Dr Margaret Nwagwu||Nottingham, NG8|
|Elmina Ferguson||North West London, NW2|
|Miriam Linehan||North London, N22|
|Ben Noakes||Brighton or London, BN7|
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Tara Kumar||Rayleigh, SS6|
|Ruth Farrell||Burton on Trent, DE15|
|Janina B-S||North London, N19|
|Helen Skarpari||NEW MALDEN, KT3|
|Basit Kirmani, MA (Cambridge)||Baker Street, NW1|
|Natasha Chan||South Croydon, CR2|
|Gabrielle Jourdan||North London, NW1|
|Catherine Wright||London, SW16|
|Mrs Thanvi||South Woodford, E18|
|Mrs Bhatia||Clayhall, Ilford, IG5|
|Abigail Williams||London, N15|
|Gabrielle Robinson||Worthing, BN11|
|Rachel deGarnham||Putney, SW15|
|Nicole O'Driscoll||Bristol, BS6|
|Mr Dalton||Stonnall, WS9|
|Joanne Leach||Southgate, Enfield, N14|
|Joseph Alexander Todd||London, SE14|
|Love2Learn4Success||Bury St Edmunds, IP30|
|Mary Thompson||South London, SW16|
|Mandy Lall||Gravesend, Kent, DA11|
|Sara Marks||Leeds, LS17|
|Jessica Whitehead||London, SW1|
|Ruth Mitchell||Bow, East London, E3|
|Yvonne Mason||Powys, and Online, SY15|
|Dr Anna T||Hull, HU5|
|Keith Wilmot||Birmingham, B31|
|Susannah Groome||Bournemouth, BH4|
|Philippa Briscoe||Leighton Buzzard, LU7|
|Tim Strauss||Brighton, BN1|
|English tutor Herne Hill||London, SE24|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Janette Sedgebeer||London, SE26|
|B sharma||Chelmsford, CM1|
|Estelle Makin||Beeston/ Nottingham, NG9|
|Edward Mason||Guildford, GU2|
|Mr.Kanesalingam||Ilford, Essex, IG3|
|Tamara Galloway||Orpington, BR6|
|Helen Duff||North London, N16|
|Roxanne S.||Crouch End, N8|
|Sarah Wiesendanger||Guildford, GU12|
|Louisa Gray||Isleworth, TW7|
|Pauline Midwinter||Ashford, TN23|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Helen Colley||Essex/London, E11|
|Edmund Lovatt||Oxford, OX1|
|Seval (Miss)||Chalfont St Giles, HP8|
|Rosemary Hector||Lancing/Worthing, BN15|
|Stephen Leatherdale||Colchester, Essex, CM9|
|Tiffani Vinyard||Hemel Hempstead, HP2|
|Miranda Wirz||Eccleshall, ST21|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Alice Marshall||Wandsworth, SW17|
|Mrs P||Enfield, EN3|
|Tamsin Dundas||Highgate, N2|
|Lindsay Nova||Beeston, NG9|
|Sarah Jayne||Leeds, LS9|
|James Heath||Birmingham, B1|
|Alexandra Beeley||East Dulwich, SE22|
|Linda de Klerk||Herne Hill, SE24|
|James Bone||Balham, SW12|
|Mrs. Preeti Baviskar||Mill Hill East, N12|
|Pete Goodland||Sheffield SYorks, S4|
|Jill Dowling||Marlow, Bucks, SL7|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 2 English
- Personal Message
- Hello there. As you're reading this, you have already realised that you would like some extra support and I really can help. Do please read the following answers to see whether you too feel I can.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English and English Literature to all ages and levels up to A' level and Maths to GCSE level. I really enjoy enabling students to progress in both subjects but I think I take most pleasure from helping students to succeed with Maths because I found Maths hard when I was at school, whereas English seems to be in my blood.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- My A' levels in English, History and French, enabled me to go to the University of Sussex in Brighton where I achieved an Upper Second B.A Hons degree in English with European Studies. I then took a Postgraduate Certificate of Education in order to become a teacher.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I taught in primary schools for a couple of years which I enjoyed but I was continually frustrated that the demands of a whole class meant I often couldn't spent a vital ten minutes to sort a specific problem for an individual child. I therefore became a home tutor and have over 20 years' experience working with students in this way, enabling a great number of successes which simply would not have happened without the extra boost of home tuition. I also ran my own language school teaching English to foreign students and have 10 most enjoyable years' experience teaching English, Maths and Science to out-of-school students (from the excluded to the school-phobic) in the Whitby area.
- How much do you charge?
- It will be a pleasure to come and meet you for the first time for which I just ask for a £5 contribution towards fuel.
After that, my fees range from £12p/hr for primary aged children, up to £18p/hr for A' level and adult students.
Depending where you are, there may also be a travelling charge if I come to you but I try to teach students in the same area on the same day to keep this to a minimum.
Except under exceptional circumstances, I don't really like to teach more than one student at a time because it is the one-to-one aspect of home tuition which enables so much progress to be made.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to teach at my home although living on a farm near Goathland, this is not usually very convenient for students! Most of my work therefore is done in students' homes and I am willing to travel to Whitby, Loftus, Scarborough, Filey, Pickering, Malton and all the villages and little places in between on the North York Moors.
- When are you available?
- Home tutoring is my vocation and full-time occupation so I work at any time that is required although the after-school slots fill very quickly. I am also happy to work during all school holidays which I find can be very beneficial as it keeps students thinking and ticking over and means they are better prepared when they return to school.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- The aim of my home tuition work is to enable every individual student to progress whatever their age or level and I have worked with students literally aged from 7 to 77. In that time, although most of my work has been with teenagers leading up to GCSEs, I have worked at all levels from enabling one young lad to read and write his own name to assisting a CEO of a local charity to achieve a Distinction in her M.A dissertation.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Most of my work has been towards SATS / GCSE qualifications but I am happy to work towards any others at this level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I have an enhanced CRB certificate as a result of my one-to-one tutoring at a local Secondary school and my work as a foster care sessional worker.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am presently being taught how to use Skype.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained as a primary school teacher at Westminster College Oxford. I also undertook various specific training courses while working as an out-of-school teacher in Whitby. I feel though, that most of my best training has come from actually working with students and learning from experience how to be better and better at meeting each individual's needs.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- As usual I have a nice range of students at the moment from a very bright 12yr old lad on the autistic spectrum finding it difficult to use his considerable abilities in the Maths classes at his private school, to a 22yr old young man I taught as an out-of-school student now in his second year at university and struggling a bit with the depth and variety of work on his Sports Management degree.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- When things aren't going well with school work, it can really drag students down and start to affect other areas of their lives as well. One of my favourite sayings is "Intelligence is not what you know: it's what you do when you don't know". Seeking support when you need it, is a sign of intelligent strength and the one-to-one attention of home tuition can make such a difference. If you too feel it can help, I look forward to working with you. All best wishes, Charles.
Send a message to Charles Wordsworth
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more