Find UK Tuition
Key Stage 2 Maths Tutors / Key Stage 2 Maths Tuition in Dorchester
Read more about Key Stage 2 Maths
Compare Key Stage 2 Maths Tutors in Dorchester (Dorset) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Key Stage 2 Maths Tuition from tutors who can travel to Dorchester (Dorset) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Key Stage 2 Maths Tutor jobs in the Dorchester (Dorset) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in DT postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
|zhiying||Sipson, Hillingdon, UB7|
|Mark Parris||London, SE25|
|Abdur-Rahman Chachia||Balham, SW17|
|Helen Duff||North London, N16|
|J Preece||Chiswick & Oxford, W4|
|Mrs Bhatia||Clayhall, Ilford, IG5|
|George Bowman||Chesterfield/Sheff, S40|
|Samantha Pettifer||Rugby, CV22|
|Mr Dalton||Stonnall, WS9|
|Geek School Ltd||Bromley, BR1|
|Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor||London, NW3|
|Tom Drysdale||Durham, DH1|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Teresa Hoy||South Croydon, CR2|
|Mandy Lall||Gravesend, Kent, DA11|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, London, SW6|
|Nasia||East London, E6|
|Joseph Alexander Todd||London, W1|
|Love2Learn4Success||Bury St Edmunds, IP30|
|Bryan Dadson||London, SW18|
|Ruth Farrell||Burton on Trent, DE15|
|Surita||Caversham, Reading, RG4|
|Mr Dhir MathsTeacher||Hayes, UB4|
|Andrew Corbin||Durham, DH1|
|Oliver Beckett||Wood Green (NE), N22|
|Mike Dowling||Diss, Norfolk, IP22|
|Sue Perkins||Camberley, Surrey, GU46|
|Mike Ford||London (N1), N1|
|Stella Vink||Maidenhead, Berks, SL6|
|Tamara Galloway||Orpington, BR6|
|Jay Patel||Park Royal, NW10|
|Gerard A Specialist 11+ Tutor||London, SE3|
|Gloria Deih-Collison||Stanwell, TW19|
|Mohammad Bari||East London, E7|
|Tina Hemphill||Banbury, OX16|
|Mrs Thanvi||South Woodford, E18|
|Harri Parish||Lambeth, SE24|
|Rachel deG||Putney, SW17|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Julie Roberts||Plymouth, PL3|
|Tiffani Vinyard||Hemel Hempstead, HP2|
|David Wells||London, NW2|
|Amy Yuan LRAM||Kensington, SW7|
|Charles Wordsworth||Whitby, YO22|
|Janet Eifridt||Redhill Reigate, RH1|
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Kathryn Dalton||walsall, WS3|
|Jessica Whitehead||London, SW1|
|Amir Hussain||Borough, London, SE1|
|Alex Wingfield||London, N16|
|Mike Chick||Exeter, EX4|
|Nadia Younas||Ealing, W13|
|Sara Marks||Leeds, LS17|
|Kap Anand||Hayes, UB5|
|Steve Roberts||Cwmbran, Torfaen, NP44|
|Brian Cairnie||Sevenoaks, TN14|
|Stefan Gugura||Ipswich, IP4|
|Mr.Kanesalingam||Ilford, Essex, IG3|
|Joanne Leach||Southgate, Enfield, N14|
|Mrs. Preeti Baviskar||Mill Hill East, N12|
|Adrian Beckett||Charlton, SE18|
|Abi Mogul||Wembley, Harrow, HA0|
|Louisa Gray||Isleworth, TW7|
|Miss Olubi||Ealing & Ruislip, W5|
|Alexandra Beeley||East Dulwich, SE22|
|Abigail Williams||London, N15|
|Trish Almlof||Wimbledon, SW20|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 2 Maths
- Personal Message
- As an experienced, well qualified primary teacher I assess, plan and teach so that children's confidence to actively learn, with enjoyment results in accelerated leaning.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Key Stage 1 and 2 English and Mathematics ages 4- 11
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Teaching Certificate Master of Education Diploma in Special Needs OU credit 'solving mathematical problems' Numerous certificated courses - dyslexia, autism, behaviour and dyspraxia Accredited Numbers Count Teacher
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I taught for over thirty years in primary schools across Key Stages 1 and 2. For about 8 years I was a deputy head, but missed teaching so became a Special Needs Co-ordinator. This role mainly involved assessing children, writing Individual Education Plans, ensuring they were well delivered by teaching assistants, teaching children one to one, training teaching assistants and training all staff on topics related to inclusion. In my last year of teaching I went back to classroom and taught mathematics to year 2 children individually for 30 minutes each per day. On average children made about 15 months progress in a 3 month period. Recently Pearsons published my book Active Learning in Primary Classrooms: A case study approach. (Jointly written with Jenny Monk)
- How much do you charge?
- For lessons in my own home - £20 an hour if paid for in blocks of five, £22 if paid for one session at a time. For lessons at a pupil's home in the Poole area £22 if paid for in blocks of five. £24 if paid for one session at a time, £22 for an initial assessment, report and consultation with parents.
- Where do you teach?
- Poole, Dorset. I can either teach at my home (near Poole Park) or am willing to travel within the boundaries of Poole and Bournemouth. I am also happy to travel to villages in Dorset that are near Poole. If travelling time is more than about 20 minutes I negotiate travelling/fuel costs. If clients are happy to pay travel then I would be happy to teach within a 20 mile radius of Poole.
- When are you available?
- As I have just retired I am extremely flexible as to teaching times. I am happy to teach after school, during the school holidays and some weekends. If pupils are available then I can teach in the day time as well.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to teach children from 4 to 11. Foundation Early Learning Goals to level 5.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 SATS. I am trained and experienced in teaching children with dyslexia/dyspraxia/ communication needs.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have 4 CRB checks at present. Latest dated December 2012.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Member of General Teaching Council
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My Master of Education was from Brookes University that was organised by Oxford University. In my last year of teaching I became a Number Counts Accredited teacher with Oxfordshire County Council. Certificate from Dyslexic Society
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- A. is 7; bubbly and enthusiastic, enjoys English, but has some gaps in mathematical knowledge and lacks confidence. She is catching up fast and says she loves all the maths games. L. is 10 and is in foster care. She is really struggling and losing confidence. When we work together she loves it when I get things wrong and she gets them right! I have just started working with her on phonics, and mathematics. I feel the way forward will be in small steps that are achieved through practical activities. M is dyslexic and thus has difficulties processing sounds. He finds reading and writing difficult and was becoming very frustrated. We have been work kinesthetically to improve his phonic knowledge. He is becoming more confident in independently 'having a go' at reading - mainly quizzes and instructions for activities; many of these texts are on the internet.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- You can do it! Learning should be fun and mean something to you. I teach mainly through games and practical activities. When reading we choose books you enjoy and for that they must be well written. I give you targets to meet and you will enjoy obtaining them. You tell me what you enjoy and I will try to incorporate it in my teaching. My past pupils say they love the games and activities and often don't do any work with me! Their parents say their children catch up fast.
Send a message to Cathy Silman
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more