Find UK Tuition
Online A-level Ancient History Tutors / A-level Ancient History Tuition
Read more about A-level Ancient History
See below for Online A-level Ancient History Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level Ancient History Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level Ancient History Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Déborah Natanson||Edinburgh, EH8|
|Jessica Guise||London, N3|
|Neil Smith PhD||Whitley Bay, NE26|
|Rachel Friend||London, NW11|
|Rod Freeman||Wokingham, RG41|
|Atticus Cox||Chelsea, London, SW10|
|Adam Muckle||London, SW15|
|Maria Tsoumaki||South West London, SW17|
|Tom Spencer||London, SW18|
|A Bell||Teddington, London, TW11|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||London, W8|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Ancient History
- Personal Message
I am a native French speaker.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach French, Latin, Ancient Greek, Classical Studies and Philosophy.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Licence ès Lettres (French and Classics) from the Sorbonne, and an Msc and PhD in Classics from the University of Edinburgh. In 2005, I took a Tutor Training Course with the University of Edinburgh ("Effective Tutoring").
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have worked as a part-time Classics tutor at Edinburgh University since 2005, teaching undergraduate students Latin and Greek (from beginners' level to Honour translation courses) as well as Ancient philosophy, literature and mythology. I was responsible for the content of the tutorials, starting and moderating group discussions and marking essays and exercises.
After I graduated for my PhD, I set up as a private tutor and translator, working one-on-one with both adults wanting to learn French so they could go on holiday to France and speak with people easily, and school or university students preparing for their exams in French, Latin, Greek and Philosophy (Standard Grade, GCSE, Highers and university Honour levels).
I also have some experience working with Primary school children as I organise a French after-school club.
- How much do you charge?
- I typically charge £25 per hour plus travel fees. Discounts are available for groups, and for paying for several lessons in advance.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from home or from the student's home.
- When are you available?
- I am available during the day, in the evening and at weekends. I am also available during school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have taught ages 5 to 54! I am very happy to teach all subjects from primary school level to A-Levels/adanced Highers, and even Undergraduate level for Latin and Ancient Greek.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare students for all Scottish and English exams, up to the BA.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- yes (Enhanced Disclosure Scotland)
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I typically send the student the exercise we will be working on together, and teach them through Skype or msn video chat.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- University of edinburgh
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am very well organised and reliable. I always spend a lot of time preparing lessons so I can be ready to answer unexpected questions! I am also very adaptable, and enjoy working with various types of people, who have different motivations for learning. Fitting the content of the lessons to the needs and abilities is something that I always try to centre my work on. I have always received extremely positive feedback (and exam results when applicable) from my students, but I also take criticism very well and am quick to change the content or rhythm of my lessons when I see a certain approach is not working.