Find UK Tuition
Online A-level Ancient History Tutors / A-level Ancient History Tuition
Read more about A-level Ancient History
See below for Online A-level Ancient History Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level Ancient History Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level Ancient History Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Déborah Natanson||Edinburgh, EH8|
|Kristina Parrish||Churchdown, GL3|
|Rachel Friend||London, NW11|
|Rod Freeman||Wokingham, RG41|
|Stanley Wilkin||Woolwich, SE18|
|Atticus Cox||Chelsea, London, SW10|
|Adam Muckle||London, SW12|
|Maria Tsoumaki||South West London, SW17|
|Tom Spencer||London, SW18|
|A Bell||Teddington, London, TW11|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||London, W8|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Ancient History
- Personal Message
- I am currently self-employed and involved in tutoring, teaching, examining and freelance writing and editing.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Latin, Greek, Ancient History, Classical Civilisation, French.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have recently completed a PhD in Latin Literature from St Andrews University, although I am now based near Reading. I hold a Bachelor degree in Classics (2:1) from Bristol University and an MLitt (with distinction) in Classics from St Andrews.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have eleven years of teaching experience at Secondary Level, five years as Head of Department at The King's School Ely in Cambridgeshire. I have substantial experience of language and literature teaching, from a wide range of Classical authors, at GCSE and A level, and have also taught university undergraduates. I have often tutored individuals outside of the classroom and am used to catering to the needs of students at various stages of their learning, from complete beginners to potential Oxbridge candidates.
- How much do you charge?
- £30 per lesson is my standard charge although I do offer discounts for group lessons
- Where do you teach?
- I am currently living in Winnersh, near Wokingham in Berkshire. I am willing to teach either in students' homes or in my own place of residence.
- When are you available?
- My own working hours are very flexible and I am therefore usually able to arrange tutoring sessions at times that are convenient for my students.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I generally teach students between the ages of 7-18, although I am willing to teach adult learners and have plenty experience of this.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE and A-Level. I can also help with preparing students for university entrance.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am experienced in tutoring students online using skype and am very willing to do this if this is most convenient.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to JACT (Joint Association of Classical Teachers).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I completed my PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education) in 1995.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- As part of my work, I am currently teaching Latin, Greek and Classical Civilisation to students between years 9-13 (ages 13-18) at the Kennet School in Thatcham as well as some adults on the staff. I am also tutoring several students both online and one-to-one in Latin and Classical Civilisation.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My approach to tutoring is relaxed and I always aim to make learning enjoyable while also promoting intellectual rigour. I certainly encourage active participation and believe in allowing all tutees to comment constructively on their own progress or the relative value of different activities undertaken in tutorials. The record of achievement for students whom I have taught is excellent, and I can supply several references upon request.
Send a message to Rod Freeman
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more