Find UK Tuition
Online A-level Ancient History Tutors / A-level Ancient History Tuition
Read more about A-level Ancient History
See below for Online A-level Ancient History Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level Ancient History Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level Ancient History Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Déborah Natanson||Edinburgh, EH8|
|Jessica Guise||London, N3|
|Rachel Friend||London, NW11|
|Rod Freeman||Wokingham, RG41|
|Atticus Cox||Chelsea, London, SW10|
|Adam Muckle||London, SW15|
|Maria Tsoumaki||South West London, SW17|
|Tom Spencer||London, SW18|
|A Bell||Teddington, London, TW11|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||London, W8|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Ancient History
- Personal Message
- Awarded 'Tutor of the Year 2012 Runner-up' by Fleet Tutors, I have tutored over a hundred students one-to-one over the past four years. With a real passion for Classics, I am determined for young people to fulfill their potential.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- My specialist subjects are Classics and Law and I also teach English and History and Common Entrance preparation.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I achieved a 2.1 in Classics from Durham University in 2005. My most recent degree was my LLM in Maritime Law at UCL in 2007-8. Before that I did the Graduate Diploma in Law and Bar Vocational Course between 2005-7 at the College of Law. I was called to the Bar in October 2008.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have experience of tutoring Latin and Classical Greek to Independent and State School children, undergraduate and mature students, as well as pupils aiming for Common Entrance, Oxbridge and scholarships.
International residential placements: in summer 2012 I tutored two boys in Shanghai, China, one for his Eton King's Scholarship, the other for Law. I was Hong Kong and Thailand-bound in March/April 2013 for more Eton scholarship tuition; this tutee ended up being one of just three double scholars for Eton entrance in September 2013 . In May 2013 I had the privilege of tutoring Latin in Venice and in Vienna, Austria in November preparing a boy for his Eton pre-test. This May I will be tutoring twins in Switzerland for Eton and Radley scholarships.
I have been tutoring Law at degree level in a variety of areas. I can also assist with GDL/CPE and BPTC/Bar School preparation and modules.
- How much do you charge?
- Between £50 and £60, depending on the subject, aim and level. I generally do not charge for travel if within a reasonable distance from my location. I would charge the whole lesson price if it is cancelled within 24 hours.
- Where do you teach?
- I typically tutor at students' homes in south west and central London and on international placements.
- When are you available?
- As a full-time tutor I am available weekdays and evenings and some Saturdays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From 7 year-old upwards. My most mature student has been 55 years old.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare children in the arts subjects for their 8+, 11+ and 13+ Common Entrance examinations (including Public School scholarships such as for Eton, Winchester and St. Paul's), GCSE, A-level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Arrangements for online tuition are made via Skype.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Member of the Tutors' Association, The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn, The Joint Association of Classical Teachers, The Association for Latin Teaching
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently tutoring boys daily for Eton and Westminster in Latin, Greek, English and reasoning; one has dyslexia and dyspraxia, another has English as his second language. I am also tutoring Classical Greek and Latin to A level to four students, including a boy at A2 level Latin whom I have taught from GCSE; he is now aiming towards a Classics degree at Oxford and other universities.
In the 2013 results, my two independently taught AS Latin tutees gained the top A grade, one achieving 100% in the language paper. All my GCSE students gained A*/As except one who went from a predicted fail to a B. Five out of my six Latin tutees in 2012 achieved A* at GCSE (one attained 100% in both Language papers an 98% in the Verse paper), and the other an A. In 2011's results, a Greek student I tutored went from a predicted C to gaining 98% in his Greek verse exam, and achieved As in Latin, Greek and Ancient History. All my students come from a variety of international backgrounds and different ages.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I see tuition to be not only a more advanced way of learning but also as a means of being a mentor and example to inspire others to be the best.
Send a message to Adam Muckle
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more