Find UK Tuition
Online A-level Communication Studies Tutors / A-level Communication Studies Tuition
Read more about A-level Communication Studies
See below for Online A-level Communication Studies Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level Communication Studies Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level Communication Studies Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Dr Max Sexton||Weybridge, KT13|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Communication Studies
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced academic and tutor with twenty years of teaching in Media Studies, film/English, and Communications.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Film Studies, Media Studies, Communications. I am also able to teach English/Theatre Studies.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Distinction in MA History of Visual Media and a doctorate from London University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am employed by London University and a Further Education college that in 2012 was awarded an 'outstanding' grade from Ofsted. As I have a doctorate and a Distinction in my MA from London University, I am thoroughly expert in all aspects of media theory. I have also published in academic journals. I teach all years on the BA and MA degrees, including all subject areas within Media Studies, Communications, and Film. I also teach A Level Media Studies and A level Film at A1 and A2 levels. I teach topics such as textual analysis and representation, institution and industry, audience and reception theory, ideology and critical theory. I can also teach critical analysis and how to write an effective essay for any degree subject. I have also been an examiner for several exam boards, including AQA and Edexcel.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 for level 3 (A level) and £30-40 for level 4 to 6 (University). MA and doctorate level is negotiable. All other services, including essay writing, proof reading, preparing for the entrance exam, are £30-35.
- Where do you teach?
- I can travel up to ten miles from Weybridge, including West Byfleet, Chertsey, Esher, Surbiton, Guildford, Kingston-on-Thames, and Wimbledon.
- When are you available?
- I am available Wednesday to Friday from 2 to 8pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Level 3 to Level 6 and above. 16-to all ages.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- A level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- My approach is to find the most stimulating examples that will enable rapid learning to take place. Effective reinforcement is possible by always linking examples to key concepts. Terms and language are reinforced by structured essay planning and exercises that promote improved critical thinking. I have also been a mature student and understand the pressures students are under in higher education, while managing the need for effective learning.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Academy for Higher Education
- Where and with whom did you train?
- London University
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have been awarded the status of a 'grade 1' lecturer.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My record has been to raise grades considerably.
Send a message to Dr Max Sexton
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more