Find UK Tuition
Online A-level Expressive Arts Tutors / A-level Expressive Arts Tuition
Read more about A-level Expressive Arts
See below for Online A-level Expressive Arts Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for A-level Expressive Arts Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online A-level Expressive Arts Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Expressive Arts
- Personal Message
- ... a trip to a place called Whatstandwell ( honestly, it does exist ) to teach Politics. Then back for algebraic conundrums, acquisition, change, Civil Rights and a much deserved pint. At the moment? A life quite unusual. Soon an Easter egg or two.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- A level History,English, Theatre Studies and Politics; ESOL,IELTS,Special Needs; GCSE History, English Literature and Language; KS3/KS2 English/Maths/science; IGCSE History and English.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- C AND G 7303 PTTLS; CertTEFL; Theatre Thesis title: 'A Calling To Account - Iraq, Rail and Racism. Verbatim Theatre, the here and now';MA international relations. Dissertation title: The Ties that Bind Us. US foreign policy in central America in the 1980s; BA (with honours) Historical Studies. Dissertation title: Literature and Empire. Myth making and Imperialism; 3 A levels - Economics, History and English - and 8 O'levels including Maths and English; Various certificates in good SEN practice; Lifting and Handling. Further professional development ongoing ( RSC/SEN and Group Work Skills workshops pending ).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- 2003 - present IGCSE History and English; GCSE History and English; ESOL,EFL and IELTS; A level History,Theatre Studies and Politics; KS2-3 English/Maths/Science and SEN Tutor; 2014 - present Politics Tutor Alderwasley Hall School; 2012 - present English Tutor Birkdale School; 2013 - present EFL/Numeracy Lecturer Sheffield College; 2013 Play Crucible Theatre; 2013 Play London; 2012 EFL Lecturer LTS; 2012 - present EFL Lecturer Doncaster College; 2012 ESOL Summer workshop; 2012 Play Basement York; 2012 Play Newcastle Live THEATRE; 2012 Exam invigilator Royal College of Psychiatrists; 2011 ESOL TUTOR St Mary's Community Centre Sheffield; 2009 - present York THEATRE Royal staged readings; 2009 -2011 Crucible THEATRE Drama workshops; 2011 Dearne Valley College Creative Writing Tutor; 2009 - 2010 Yemeni Community Centre Sheffield ESOL TUTOR; 2008-present SAVTE ESOL TUTOR; 2006 - 2009 The University of Sheffield PhD researcher in DRAMA Thesis title: 'A Calling To Account - Iraq, Rail and Racism. Verbatim Theatre, the here and now'; Presenting a paper on the Workers’ Theatre Movement; Submitting work on the MA THEATRE and Society;Attending seminars and lectures by visiting speakers;Conducting interviews with theatre directors and associated professionals; Royal Shakespeare Company Drama workshops; University of Sheffield Drama workshops; 2003 - 2006 Rawmarsh Community School LITERACY and NUMERACY assistant. 1997-1999 Presented talks on Musical Theatre at the West Yorkshire Playhouse and other venues. 1997-1998 LITERACY and NUMERACYassistant for swfc's after school club. Published theatre reviews. Plays performed and short listed. Performed the odd stand up comedy routine too - Ahh!
- How much do you charge?
- £17 - £27 per hour. though, to be honest, I'm pretty flexible. Prices can be negotiated on a student by student basis depending on the number of hours, location or size of class. Tea, coffee and plates of chocolate biscuits can be negotiated too...... although I've recently discovered a fondness for blueberry muffins!
- Where do you teach?
- I'm based in Sheffield but can get around if required for I'm quite the adventurous type. I've worked in Rotherham and presently take a class in Thurnscoe - now there's a brave lad for you. Hey, I'm that courageous I've even had a night out in Don Vegas. But seriously.... have bus timetable can travel. South Yorkshire and beyond considered ( golden beaches preferred ).
- When are you available?
- Again, I'm pretty flexible and will consider any offer on a case by case basis. Weekends are not out of the question either but beware I'm a Wednesdayite so home games are sacrosanct.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- ESOL Entry Level 1/2/3 and over; A level History/Theatre Studies/Politics/English; SEN literacy/numeracy; KS2/KS3 English/Maths/science; Adult learning; IELTS; GCSE History and English; IGCSE History and English.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- A level History, Politics, English literature and language and Theatre Studies /ESOL/AQA/Edexcel/GCSE/Trinity/IELTS.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- DBS. Enhanced. Issued March 2013.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- A Wednesday season ticket holder. Opps, you said professional didn't you?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Both Sheffield Universities and more recently Sheffield College with occasional sorties to Spain to make the odd theatre prop or two - my paper mache cows were something to behold! I once could say all that in Spanish. And who could ever forget the Clowning and Circus workshops? Yes, I was the child who ran away with the circus.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Most varied, really.. Y11 Russian - IGCSE English; Y12 Chinese - Conversational English; IGCSE History; GCSE History; A level History; GCSE English; Y2/Y3/Y4/Y7/ English, Maths and Science students. Adult learners in Maths/Functional Skills. And they're all a delight to work with.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Hi, my name's Pete and if you like what you've read so far, give me a call. If you still like me after that we'll arrange a meeting - I'm perfectly house trained - mash a brew and start a lesson or two. All the best, Pete.
Send a message to Pete Goodland
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more