Find UK Tuition
Online Architecture Tutors / Architecture Tuition
Read more about Architecture
See below for Online Architecture Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Architecture Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Architecture Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Dr. Wasim Akber||London, HA2|
|Antonis Anagnostidis||London, N1|
|Architecture Tutor in London||London, N1|
|Anthony Cole||Hitchin, SG5|
|C Murch||Greater London, SM1|
|Fotis Rese||London, W1|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Architecture
- Personal Message
- Learning is not just about working hard, it's more to do with learning effectively.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- University level (for undergraduates and postgraduates): Mathematics, Advanced Mathematics, Analytical Methods, Mechatronics, Power Engineering and Heat, Programmable Systems, Solid Body Mechanics (Statics + Dynamics), Internal Combustion Engines, Aerodynamics (for Ground and Airborne Vehicles), Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics.
HELP WITH ASSIGNMENTS AND DISSERTATION-WRITING IS ALSO OFFERED AT UNIVERSITY LEVELS.
Advanced level (AS and A2) and IB: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 2014 Feb: PhD in Engineering (Expertise: High-fidelity Numerical Simulations)
2009 June: BEng Aerospace Engineering: First Class Honours (Ranked No 1; Top Engineering Graduate of the Year).
2006 May - GCE A/L: Mathematics (A Grade), Further Mathematics (A Grade), Physics (A Grade), Chemistry (A Grade) and Biology (A Grade).
2004 May - GCE O/L: Mathematics (A Grade), Physics (A Grade), Chemistry (A Grade), Biology (A Grade), Human Biology (A Grade), Pure Mathematics (A Grade) & English (A Grade).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- At present, I work as a Lecturer in Robotics (Mechatronics Engineering) at a leading UK University. However, I have been working as a private/personal tutor for the past eight years, helping students at three main levels: A-levels, Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels. I also offer part-time lectures on Thermofluids (Thermodynamics + Fluid Dynamics), Aerodynamics, Solid Body Mechanics (Statics + Dynamics) and Mathematics at Universities.
I have also published some academic journal papers, for example:
(1) Upscaling and its application in numerical simulation of long-term CO2 storage (2012). Akber Hassan, W. A. & Jiang, X. Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology. 2, 6, p. 408–418 11 p.
(2) Modelling and monitoring of geological carbon storage : a perspective on cross-validation (2013). Jiang, X, Akber Hassan, W. A. & Gluyas, J. Applied Energy, Vol. 112, p. 784-792.
- How much do you charge?
- There will be an additional £70/hour for a group of 2 students and an additional £100/hour for a group of 3 or more students.*
*I do not teach more than 4 students at a time to ensure high individual attention.
- Where do you teach?
- At my place of stay in Harrow, Brunel University (Uxbridge), and at students' homes.
- When are you available?
- I am available to tutor throughout the week (weekdays+weekends) from early morning to late evening (however, lessons will be held at mutually convenient times).
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach students of various ages and levels - ranging from A-levels up to Postgraduate level (MSc. and PhD).
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Bachelors, Masters and PhD in a variety of academic disciplines (e.g. Mechanical / Aerospace / Automotive / Civil Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Finance etc.)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- No, I do not hold an up-to-date DBS. However, this is not a legal requirement for tutors. Still, the contact details of my past/current students will be offered as reference if requested.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Yes, I offer online tuition. At present, I am using SKYPE to help students based at UK universities (outside London) and other prestigious universities worldwide (e.g. Spain, Italy and USA).
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Associate Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
Associate Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS)
- Where and with whom did you train?
- At present, I work as a Lecturer in Robotics (Mechatronics Engineering) at a leading UK University. My current research focuses on high-performance numerical simulations of geological CO2 storage. It is collaborative work between myself as a Geological Earth Scientist, Lancaster University and Daresbury Laboratory (Warrington).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have too many students at various ages/levels to mention (I'd rather not sell their names here). However, these students have been very happy to work with me. The majority (about 80%) of my students have attained 'A' grade in subjects which I have helped them with. The rest have attained 'B' and 'C' (minority) grades. There have not been any grades lower than a 'C' ever since I have been a tutor. I think this is a phenomenal record and I have been working hard to keep this standard of teaching at its highest level.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Student life is the easiest, enjoyable and most important part of modern life. So enjoy, be focused and keep working easy but effective!
Send a message to Dr. Wasim Akber
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more