Find UK Tuition
Online Banjo Teachers / Banjo Lessons
Read more about Banjo
See below for Online Banjo Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Banjo Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Banjo Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Leo Crossfield||Peterborough, PE26|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Banjo
- Personal Message
- I welcome students of all age groups and have taught Guitar, Mandolin and 5 String Banjo for 40+ years. My lessons are adapted for the level of the student's skills and interests and incorporate music theory where appropriate.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Guitar - styles taught include Electric Guitar and Acoustic Guitar fingerpicking and flatpicking; covering genres of Blues, Jazz, Country, Bluegrass, Rock and Folk.
I teach 5 String Banjo - styles include, Scruggs three finger picking, Melodic and Single String and Old-Time Frailing / Clawhammer; covering Bluegrass and Folk..
I teach Mandolin - styles include Jazz, Bluegrass and Folk.
All these lessons are developed from personal experience, rather than from text books, and are given on a one to one, in person or distance via Skype, and can be arranged for group tuition up to a maximum of six people.
I have some Video Tuition on YouTube - please feel free to check it out http://www.youtube.com/user/leocrossfield
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have been teaching music on a full time and part time basis for the last 40 years and hold a Joint Honours Degree in Psychology and Sociology, a Masters Degree in Cybernetics and Grade 5 Music Theory.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have played Guitar, 5 String Banjo and Mandolin since 1964 and during that time providing music lessons for all age groups.
I have worked both professionally and semi professionally in a number of bands with the role of lead instrumentalist. The bands that I have played with and been a member of covered a wide range of music including including acoustic Bluegrass and Folk, Rock, Country, Blues and a number of cover bands playing Electric and Acoustic Guitar, 5 String Banjo, Mandolin, Bass, and Fiddle.
- How much do you charge?
Lessons cost £25 an hour but block bookings are preferred as they enable me to prepare progressive lesson plans and for the student to commit to structured regular lessons. As an incentive I charge £95 for a block booking of five one hour lessons, paid in advance.
Please note that the first lesson is one and a half hours. The extra free thirty minutes enable us to get to know each other without impeding the lesson.
Payment and bookings can be done by Cash or Direct Bank Transfer, alternatively you can book a lesson or block of five lessons using the PayPal link on my website under the [Lessons] Tab.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home in Ramsey Mereside, Cambridgeshire in the United Kingdom. We are twenty minutes drive east of Peterborough and twenty minutes north of Huntingdon and fifty minutes west of Cambridge.
- When are you available?
- I am available most days and evenings. I am flexible as i work from home and often have to fit in with students changing work shift patterns.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am willing to teach any age group with any level of experience. Beginners are as welcome as more experienced players.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I do not have a CRB disclosure document.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Tutoring online is via Skype.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently teach a number of 5 String Banjo and guitar students who have started with me since they were beginners and two more advanced students who come to me for specific focused lessons to help improve their music theory.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about me, my lessons or just wish to have a general chat about music.
Send a message to Leo Crossfield
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more