Find UK Tuition
Online Clarinet Teachers / Clarinet Lessons
Read more about Clarinet
See below for Online Clarinet Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Clarinet Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Clarinet Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Amy Cherryholme||Leeds, BD19|
|Rebecca Freeman||Braintree, CM77|
|Chris Hatton||Hackney, E5|
|Chiel Busscher||Leytonstone, E11|
|Graham Jones||Ruislip, Middx, HA4|
|Laura Manship||Hertfordshire, HP3|
|Lucy Payne||Manchester, M20|
|Victoria Beattie||Maidstone, Kent, ME16|
|Chris Murphy||Bedford, MK42|
|Rob Cox||Nottingham, NG9|
|Alice Nicholson||Newark/ Nottingham, NG23|
|Anthony Brown||Rochdale, Oldham, OL11|
|Luke Georgiou||Brockley, London, SE4|
|Daniel Broncano||London, Lewisham, SE6|
|Ben Mallinder||Greenwich, SE10|
|Gennie Joy||Greenwich, SE10|
|Daniel Gooch Saxophonist||Greenwich, SE13|
|Sabina Heywood||South East London, SE13|
|Jacob Shaw||Forest Hill, SE23|
|Marco Marconi||Hitchin, SG4|
|Rocío Bolanos||LONDON, SW1|
|Tom Harrison||London, SW8|
|Samuel Evans||Clapham, London, SW12|
|Sam Woodford||West Kensington, W14|
|Sam Healey||Altrincham, WA14|
|Grant Irvine||London, WD3|
|Kate White||York, N. Yorkshire, YO10|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Clarinet
- Personal Message
- I am a Nottingham based musician and teacher for both Clarinet and Saxophone. I perform regularly all over the region and have a private teaching practice. I can tailor your lessons to suit your needs, location and availability.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Clarinet and Saxophone from beginner level through to advanced and diploma levels if required. I teach in all styles depending on your reasons for learning. I'm happy to teach you just for pleasure purposes or to work through a structured series of lessons to prepare for an exam. I am very flexible and will tailor your lesson to suit your needs. I can also include theory and aural training for those needing it for exams.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I studied at Bath Spa University and hold a BA (Hons) degree in music with a performance specialism.
I also hold numerous other ABRSM qualifications including:
LRSM (Clarinet performance),
DipABRSM (Saxophone performance),
DipABRSM (Instrumental Teaching),
Music Theory Grade 8.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been an active player for over 25 years in various ensembles in both the East Midlands and the South West. I am a former member of the Nottingham Symphonic Wind Orchestra and currently play with the Nottinghamshire Police Band.
I have taught privately for 10 years on a 1-2-1 basis. A number of these pupils have gone on to take ABRSM exams with great success at grades: 1, 3, 6 & 8. In addition to this I now teach with Derbyshire Music Partnership in a number of schools in the county.
- How much do you charge?
- Clarinet , Saxophone, Theory all £28.00 per hour or £15 for 30mins
Initial consultation lessons are £15
- Where do you teach?
- I'm happy to travel to teach in your home provided you are no more than 15 miles from my home, there is no additional charge for this service(for lessons of 1hr or longer) .
If you are further than 15 miles from my home then I am still happy to travel to you but additional transport costs and time will be added to the lesson cost depending on distance.
Alternatively I'm happy to teach from my home at any time. The choice is yours and I am flexible to accommodate your needs.
Areas covered include; Nottingham, Derby, Long Eaton, Alfreton, Ashby, Loughborough, Mansfield & Chesterfield + North Leics, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire counties.
- When are you available?
- Anytime daytimes or weekends between 9am and 8pm
I do have school commitments on several weekdays and an orchestra rehearsal on Wednesday evenings, other than that please ask for available slots.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages and levels of ability catered for from 8 - 80+.
The only restrictions are on very young children where I suggest beginners are around year 4 (age 8-9) provided that adult teeth have come through at the front and the hands are large enough to cover the holes and take the weight of the instrument. Each child is assessed before committing to any lessons, for older ages or larger physiques there are no restrictions.
I am happy to teach everyone from beginner to advanced and even students looking for an occasional consultation lesson to improve their playing.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM and Trinity graded music exams grades 1-8. Performance Diplomas for advanced students.
Music Theory upto and including grade 5.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. I hold an enhanced disclosure as part of my work with Derbyshire Music Partnership.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Please ask for details.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a full member of the ISM.
Clarinet and Saxophone Society of Great Britain
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I have trained with numerous teachers, I began with the Avon Schools Music Service at the age of 13 and progressed quickly before moving onto university where I studied with Helen Sanderson. I have also taken ongoing lessons for professional development from Gayle Lond and participated in numerous masterclass and workshop sessions with David Campbell, Chris Swann, Dame Thea King, Dame Evelyn Glennie and others.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current pupil base is expanding rapidly, I currently teach over 20 individuals each week with varying ability from absolute beginner to grade 6, and a variety of ages. One tenor saxophone adult student has just achieved grade 3 with merit and I am preparing two grade 1 clarinet beginners and one grade 6 clarinet adult for exams at Easter. I also have other pupils between grades 1-3 on both instruments as well as some pupils who learn just for fun.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Learning to play an instrument is a fun and exciting journey, I expect my pupils to work hard, practice between lessons and be dedicated to doing their very best - whatever level that may be. I am a friendly easy going teacher but I have high expectations! Whatever your reason for learning I will tailor your lessons to your interests and abilities, all lessons with be 1-2-1 (outside of school settings) so that you have my undivided attention in helping you to achieve the best of your musical potential.
We will choose pieces and set goals together so that you are comfortable with your learning objectives, and we will have fun in accelerating your progress and making real music very quickly.
Send a message to Rob Cox
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more