Find UK Tuition
Online Dance Teachers / Dance Lessons
Read more about Dance
See below for Online Dance Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Dance Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Dance Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Melissa D'Arcy||Stoke Newington, N16|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Dance
- Personal Message
- Build your confidence; learn to explore & play with your Voice in a safe and experienced environment. I am a professional working Singer & enjoy working with pupils at all levels.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Classical, Musical Theatre, Pop, Cabaret and Jazz Singing; Music Theory, Drama, Vocal Skills, Dance and Choreography.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I am a Classically trained Mezzo Soprano with 20 years professional performance experience. I have a 1st Class Bachelor of Arts in Performance from Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, London. I have been teaching both on a one-to-one level and in a group environment for many years and have experience teaching at all levels and all ages. I perform regularly as a professional Singer, Actress, Dancer and Choreographer.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have extensive experience working both as a Performer and as a Teacher. My performing career has thus far allowed me to enjoy a wide variety of roles and I have been fortunate enough to work both nationwide and abroad.
As a Singer I have taken the lead in various Musicals and Operas and have also performed with a range of stars from the world of Pop Music. I perform in a range of groups and bands and am currently recording my first solo album.
My Acting career has seen me portraying a multitude of characters of many ages, ranging from 5 to 35. Some of my favourite Theatrical roles to date are: Hamlet (Hamlet); Rosalind (Love's Labour's Lost); Hermia (A Midsummer Night's Dream); Ellie (The Diary Of A Killer Cat); Jo (English Journies) & Bella (Wild Woods). I have also got excellent on screen experience having worked both in feature films and commercials and therefore enjoy teaching these aspects of Acting too.
Working as a Dancer and Choreographer has led me to dance with and choreograph for some of the Industries finest artists and is again a skill I greatly enjoy sharing. In addition to this, I run a Cabaret Dance Troupe with which I perform regularly.
My teaching has allowed me to work with students from all walks of life, from both professionals working in the West End though to school children and those interested in a hobby and in a variety of situations.
- How much do you charge?
- I currently charge £35.00 per hour for non-professionals and £65.00 for working professionals.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach mainly from home but am happy to come to you as well. I am based in Stoke Newington, within easy reach of Highbury & Islington, Newington Green, Dalston, Clapton and Stamford Hill. Travel links to Stoke Newington are excellent but I also work all over London and can travel to my students' homes throughout the city.
- When are you available?
- The nature of my work means I am available Monday through to Sunday and am happy to work both daytimes and evenings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- If students wish do exams, I usually do ABRSM exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- No but I am in the process of getting one.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can teach online via Skype or webcam.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to the Musicians Union, Equity and Spotlight.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I was taught singing privately with a Classical teacher from The Guidhall School of Music and have since continued private lessons with a number of professional teachers. I was also trained privately in Dance.
Send a message to Melissa D'Arcy
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more