Find UK Tuition
Online Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutors / Elocution/ Accent Reduction Lessons
Read more about Elocution/ Accent Reduction
See below for Online Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Elocution/ Accent Reduction Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Dr Robin Wooldridge||Birmingham, B29|
|Helen Hendrickson Elocution||birmingham, B79|
|Ric Morris||Brighton, BN3|
|Fiona Battisby||Henbury, Bristol, BS10|
|Andy Collins||Durham, DH7|
|Andy Aroditis||ILFORD, LONDON, IG1|
|Ann Adlem||Hitchin, LU2|
|Joanna Gray||Bedford, MK42|
|Amber Armitage||London, N5|
|Isabel Nieves||Crouch End, N8|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|Liam O'Sullivan||Northampton, NN16|
|Pauline Midwinter||Barsham, NR34|
|Lucienne Sharpe||Bognor Regis, PO22|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Janette Sedgebeer||London, SE26|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Lindsey Pearson||Ealing, TW8|
|Benjamin Maeurer||London, TW10|
|Emily Kirsop-Taylor||Mayfair, London, W1|
|Rachel Preece||Kensington, London, W14|
|Joanne Singer||King's Cross, WC1X|
|James Gregory Voice||Lichfield, WS15|
|Maureen Theaker||Wolverhampton, WV1|
|Karon Rickatson||York/ East Riding, YO41|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Elocution/ Accent Reduction
- Personal Message
- Your interest in German tuition may be due to exams, a university course, German relatives, an audition, or the unique German sense of humour - I'll help you prepare for all of that. I enjoy teaching a lot and will make sure you enjoy your progress!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- German: basics, conversation, GCSE and A-Level exams, German for university students. I also do translations, proof-reading, and accent coaching. If requested, I coach a wide variety of sport disciplines, I am a competent contact person for PE support and general fitness.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a German degree in English, P. E., and an additional degree in German as a foreign language (1. Staatsexamen at the University of Heidelberg, 2. Staatsexamen at the Institute for Teacher Training Stuttgart, State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, mark 1,9).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Teaching year 5 to A-Level:
Teaching at the German (Secondary) School in Richmond since 2012.
Teaching English and P. E. at the Otto Hahn Gymnasium in Boeblingen and the Max Planck Gymnasium (Stuttgart, 2005-2007).
Teaching German in Hammersmith (London, 1999-2000) at the Godolphin and Latymer School.
In addition, I am the Duke of Edinburgh's Award coordinator at the German School in Richmond.
I coached boys aged 6-14 at a gymnastics sports club. (Heidelberg, 2000-2005).
Since 1996 until now private tutoring up to A-Level, German conversation, translation, proof-reading, accent coaching.
- How much do you charge?
- My fees are
£50 / 60 minutes
£40 / 45 minutes
When requested, I tutor two or more people in one session. Price per person:
£35 (30) / 60 min for two (three+)
£30 (25) / 45 min for two (three+)
Online tutoring (skype or other if preferred):
£35 / 60 min
£30 / 45 min
£5 travel expenses zones 1-3
£7 travel expenses zones 4-6
£10 if further
Please note that I charge the same fees for the first lesson/meeting.
- Where do you teach?
- German: at home in Richmond and at students' homes. Sports: where required.
I'm willing to travel up to 1 h by public transport (mostly quicker than car/scooter). This includes Richmond, Kingston, Crouch End, Haringey, Camden, Hampstead, St Pancras, Holborn, Greenwich, Woolwich, Hackney, Shoreditch, Stoke Newington, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Finsbury, Kensington and Chelsea, Lambeth, Wandsworth, Lewisham, Deptford, Southwark, Bermondsey, Camberwell, Tower Hamlets, Bethnal Green, Poplar, Stepney, Battersea, Paddington, St Marylebone, Westminster, Barnet, Waltham Forest, Ealing, Brent. Also to Cambridge and the towns along the National Express line, e. g. Harlow Town, Sawbridgeworth, Bishop's Stortford, Mountfitchet, Elsenham, Newport (Essex), Audley End, Great Chesterford, Whittlesford, Great Shelford, and Cambridge.
- When are you available?
- I'm quite flexible. Every now and then I travel to my family and friends in Germany. On such an occasion we could consider to do a lesson over Skype.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Any age, any level. At school up to A-Level. University students. My youngest student so far was 5, the oldest 71.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Any exams. GCSE, A-Level, written/oral exams, uni exams, translations, presentations, papers, essays, projects, auditions.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have got a CRB check from 2012.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Skype or other if preferred.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Gewerkschaft Erziehung und Wissenschaft (GEW), the largest union for teachers and people working in education in Germany.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- The GCSE results have just come in and I was very happy to hear of my students' fantanstic results. Here are some extracts from emails and references - I replaced the names with '()' and shortened them:
... I thought you would like to know that () got an “A” Grade in his GCSE German. In an email, his German teacher at school wrote: '() has got a high A (266/300). He would have needed 270 for an A*. However, given that he did it as a Short course, I think it is a fantastic result. Congratulations."
"Ben – your tuition of () had a great deal to do with this excellent result. So, many thanks again. () is even talking about possibly doing German at “A Level."
I just wanted to let you know that I received my GCSE results yesterday, and I got an A* in both my German Oral and the Reading/Writing/Listening Examination. Thank you so much for all your help!"
"My wife and I were very satisfied with the quality of Benjamin’s tutoring/teaching, which was usually provided once per week – sometimes with extra sessions on request. Benjamin was very quick to establish an excellent rapport with our son, who found the lessons to be very enjoyable. Our son was fully engaged with the process, which extended well beyond the weekly lesson. Benjamin ensured that () consolidated his learning by contacting him in between lessons; providing him with additional vocabulary lists; directing him to relevant e-learning opportunities etc. Benjamin also provided information of relevant German cultural material: motion pictures; music; popular culture etc. and it certainly contributed to ()’s learning and enjoyment. I have no hesitation in recommending Benjamin for the purposes of his German language tutoring, which is of a very high standard indeed."
"Benjamin Maeurer tutored our daughter on a one-to-one basis in the final year of her German GCSE. He is a reliable, conscientious, and dynamic teacher whom I would not hesitate to recommend. He plans lessons thoroughly and responds to his student’s needs diligently and accurately. I was particularly impressed by his use of technology to enhance and reinforce his teaching. We recommended him to another family and they were just as pleased with his teaching and approachability as we were."
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- In August 2010 I moved from Munich to London and am enjoying tutoring part time as well as looking after our son, who was born in November - he is fluent in Germany already. Since 1999 I've been living here on and off as well as in different cities in Germany. I know Germany very well. My mother tongue is German and I don't have an accent. I have always liked travelling and found language and communication as such fascinating and enjoy teaching very much. I am more than happy to help you prepare for any exam, help you understand (from a teacher's point of view) what will be required from you so you can focus and organize your studies towards it so you feel well prepared. Obviously, there is much more to a language than its main tools vocabulary and grammar. There is also much more to Germany than... well, you tell me the stereotypes! Most important for me is that you enjoy the lessons as well as the progress and stay motivated and confident.
Send a message to Benjamin Maeurer
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more