Find UK Tuition
Online Fashion and Textiles Tutors / Fashion and Textiles Tuition
Read more about Fashion and Textiles
See below for Online Fashion and Textiles Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Fashion and Textiles Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Fashion and Textiles Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Fashion and Textiles
- Personal Message
- Why wait and dream to be that next top designer/artist when you can start to be that person today! I am such a positive person and always smile, I love my job! I look forward to talking and teaching you. Emma K L Taylor
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach mixed media textiles, fashion design, fashion history and fashion styling. I also teach art, arts and crafts to all levels and abilities - pre school to MA.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (hons) Textile Design: Chelsea College of Art;
MA Mixed Media Textiles: The Royal College of Art.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have had my own business since I graduated from The Royal College of Art in 2004. I have produced uniforms for Samsung, Virgin Media, Benson and Hedges, Camel, Mayfair, Trebor (series of special adverts for the Olympics) and Virgin Mobile. I have had exhibitions at The Victoria and Albert Museum, sold works to the Bank of America, GlaxoSmithKline and John Lewis. Current clients are Alicia Keys, H&M, Vanity Fair, Lindex, McQ, X-factor, Kurt Geiger, Uniqlo, Cheryl Cole, Daniel Craig, George Clooney, Disney, JWT, Laura Linney, River Island and Adidas. I was also the stylist/creative for James Morrison's single 'Slave to the Music'.
I have worked for designers here in the UK, in Europe and in America. Matthew Williamson, Pucci, Betty Jackson, Kate Spade to name a few. High profile clients that I do private design projects both interior and fashion are from countries such as Saudi Arabia, China, Russia and America. Travelling to these countries is part of my job.
I also used to teach at 'Eton' on a part time basis - Textiles GCSE level for boys with more of a creative talent. I also worked with a few party planners that do childrens parties for people such as Madonna, JK Rowling, Elton John, various politicians and many more that I have to respect their privacy! I designed, created and ran parties for both boys and girls in the UK and abroad.
Below are three referees from previous students:
J. Nicols at Eton College, Windsor.
Emma Taylor became my textile teacher has taught me for over a year
year now. Emma has been so patient and kind to me, she is fun, original and
interesting. She will help you to see the world, show you shapes, colours, ideas
that all come from nature and imagination.
That year has been one of the greatest in all my life because she has helped me
accomplish so many of my goals; goals that have not only allowed me to stitch
great clothes but also helped me grow as a person. She will always be thinking
of you and help you. Often she sends you extra materials for you to look at and
exhibitions that she thinks would help you be inspired.
If you choose Emma, as your teacher make no mistake she will make you work but
she will also show you yourself and how fun it can be when you are yourself and
expressing that through art.
Lydia Mills, Cockfosters, London
"Emma is an outstanding teacher as well as being an excellent mentor with a delightful personality. She can make the saddest of people smile and an art project worth an A*!"
Lily Mai, Cheam, London -
''I had a wonderful time tutored by Emma! Emma is very resourceful and helpful. A great personality, she is also interesting and inspiring. I am always amazed at her artistic energy and high spirit. I will recommend her to anyone."
Lucy Whelan, South Woodford, London.
Emma is a fantastic tutor as she motivated me so much so I could get to the goals i needed to reach. She helped me complete a art/fashion portfolio which ultimatly got me a place on a course I applied for and she also tutored me with my A-Level textile theory paper.
With her knowledge and experience in fashion, art and textiles she is a great tutor!
- How much do you charge?
- I charge approximately £35 per hour, depending on the level of student. I also charge expenses for travel, this will always be discussed with you prior to classes starting. Price for groups - available upon request. All materials/equipment can be provided if requested.
I also offer constancy service for those wanting to start their own fashion/accessories label or art exhibition. I am happy to work in the UK and also abroad - costs do vary with international travel - please contact me to discuss.
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in London and do not mind travelling within reason. One of my clients is in Northampton - so that shows I dont mind travelling!
Teaching/sourcing abroad is also a regular part of my business, so feel free to put forward ideas! I have worked in various countries and am quite happy to discuss options for your family or your business.
- When are you available?
- Due to the nature of my freelance work I am able to work around you. Short deadlines - are no problem. I have helped produce a portfolio in a couple of days and the particluar student got into Central St. Martins. Very short deadlines? I also have a team of writers and creatives that can take the stress out of your work, sometimes - we simply have to much too do! I totally understand, so, please email me to discuss these options.
International travel would need a little more time if you require me for longer periods but I will always be as flexible as I possibly can.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Pre school through to MA standard and also business set up.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- All levels and abilities and always with a smile!
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I do. I can forward to you as and when requested. It is enhanced.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have many students that I provide a question and answer service for - I would always get back to you within 24 hours. Please do contact me should you wish for more information on this service, we all work in different ways and I can help you find the best method.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- The Textile Institute
The Victoria and Albert Museum
The Cartoon Museum
The Design Museum;
The Royal College of Art
Chelsea College of Art.
The Arts Club, Mayfair.
The Royal Institute of Sciences
The Elton John Aids Foundation
Tate Modern and Tate Britain.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Chelsea College of Art - BA
The Royal College of Art - MA
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have various students of all ages. Starting at a young girl at 6 years old - teaching her basic arts and crafts right through to a 65 years old studying for an MA. All are as challenging as each other in their own ways. Some students are dyslexic/dispraxic. I also have experiance teaching students with severe learning difficulties. After school clubs are also a hit - especially with the parents who want to have as much fun as the children.
I work with all nationalities and am respectful to each and every culture and religion.
I have also teach art/fashion/textiles as team building exercises within companies and also as a type of therapy.
I am able to bring out the best side of my students and nurture their talents individually and in a group. Each student has progressed in their chosen art/textile direction. I love teaching and it shows by my students results.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Hi! I am Emma and I teach art, arts and crafts, fashion, fashion history, fashion styling and textiles. I have a interactive and fun approach to tutoring. I have many contacts within the industry and also can take you out on day trips for inspiration and market research. I firmly believe that there is a technique to teach each and every student. I like to have an introduction so we can get to know each other first and find out your talents.
Why wait and dream to be that next top designer/artist when you can start to be that person today! I am such a positive person and always smile, I love my job and my client list reflects on that. I look forward to talking and teaching you. Emma K L Taylor
Send a message to Emma K L Taylor (MA RCA)
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more