Find UK Tuition
Online GCSE Ancient Greek Tutors / GCSE Ancient Greek Tuition
Read more about GCSE Ancient Greek
See below for Online GCSE Ancient Greek Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for GCSE Ancient Greek Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online GCSE Ancient Greek Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Déborah Natanson||Edinburgh, EH8|
|Kristina Parrish||Churchdown, GL3|
|Joe Hytner||North London, NW6|
|David Pope||Abingdon, OX14|
|Rod Freeman||Wokingham, RG41|
|Thomas Yarrow||Dulwich, London, SE24|
|Rachel Carter||Hertford, SG13|
|Atticus Cox||Chelsea, London, SW10|
|Maria Tsoumaki||South West London, SW17|
|Tom Spencer||London, SW18|
|A Bell||Teddington, London, TW11|
|Ed Martineau||London, WC2|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Ancient Greek
- Personal Message
- I am a qualified teacher and tutor with many years' experience of preparing students in both state and independent schools for examinations. I think students do best in lessons which are enjoyable, challenging and well structured.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Latin, Ancient Greek and Classical Civilisation.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a degree in Classics and Modern Languages from the University of Oxford, and a Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching. I also have an MSc in Counselling.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been Head of Latin at three schools in Hertfordshire. I have worked as a private tutor in Oxford, London, Florence and the Dordogne. I have also worked as a school counsellor. My other experience includes working as the managing editor for a number of academic journals and bringing up my own family.
- How much do you charge?
- I offer a free initial half hour consultation. After that, I offer one hour lessons at a rate of £30-£35 for examination classes, £25-£30 for non-examination classes. I charge a mileage rate for travel to the student's home.
- Where do you teach?
- I normally travel to students' homes, though I can also teach from home if it is more convenient. I cover Hertford, Ware, Broxbourne, Stevenage, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Potters Bar, Cheshunt, Enfield and Harlow.
- When are you available?
- I am available evenings and some weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages, from Primary/Prep School Age to Sixth Formers. I have also taught adults, both in the UK and abroad.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Common Entrance, WJEC Level 1 and Level 2 Certificates in Latin Language and Roman Civilisation and Latin Literature, GCSE Latin, GCSE Classical Civilisation, A/AS Latin, A/AS Classical Civilisation
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to the Joint Association of Classical Teachers.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am teaching 38 young men and women at the moment, ranging from lively 11 year olds to studious 17 year olds. I really enjoy working with my students and am frequently delighted by their curiosity and interest in Classical Languages and Civilisation.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I aim to work with each student in a way which best suits their interests and particular abilities, so that they can achieve their individual goals.
Send a message to Rachel Carter
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more