Find UK Tuition
Online GCSE Ancient Greek Tutors / GCSE Ancient Greek Tuition
Read more about GCSE Ancient Greek
See below for Online GCSE Ancient Greek Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for GCSE Ancient Greek Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online GCSE Ancient Greek Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Mike Lambert||Stratford-on-Avon, CV37|
|Déborah Natanson||Edinburgh, EH8|
|Gayle Smith||Surbiton, London, KT6|
|Joe Hytner||North London, NW6|
|David Pope||Abingdon, OX14|
|Thomas Yarrow||Dulwich, London, SE24|
|Atticus Cox||Chelsea, London, SW10|
|Tom Spencer||London, SW18|
|A Bell||Teddington, London, TW11|
|Ed Martineau||London, WC2|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Ancient Greek
- Personal Message
- Welcome! A freelance tutor and singer, I give "Personal tuition in the right key". I can help you get the highest grades in exams, and study in the "key" that best suits you. Like the right song choices, I often inspire my students to succeed.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- French, Spanish, Latin, Ancient Greek, English as a Foreign Language, Creative Writing, Singing, Oxbridge Interview preparation.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Master of Studies in European Literature (Spanish) from Exeter College, Oxford University;
Master of Arts in Classics and Modern Languages (French) from New College, Oxford University;
PostGraduate Certificate in Education and Qualified Teacher Status from the Department of Education, Oxford University;
Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera (Spanish Diploma) from Salamanca University, Spain;
Advanced Certificate in Careers Education and Guidance from Canterbury Christ Church College;
Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (Level 5, CELTA equivalent, 140 hours) from EDI and i-to-i Volunteering.
Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts ("Working for 21st century Enlightenment")
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Currently teaching Latin part-time in a local prep school (Cothill House), mornings only;
Previously spent 25 years in the classroom in independent and state schools in the UK, France and Peru, teaching all ages;
Sometime Head of three academic departments (one of which I founded at Abingdon School);
c10 years one-to-one private tuition to all ages, latterly often online or through local agencies.
- How much do you charge?
- My headline rate is £50 per hour, which I reduce by 5% for block bookings of 10 lessons. If the lesson necessitates travel, then fuel expenses (at 43p per mile) are payable in addition.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach online via FaceTime and/or Skype from my home and at students' homes. I live in Abingdon, in Oxfordshire, in the UK, and am prepared to drive up to c30 miles from home if online lessons are not possible, to include nearby towns such as Oxford, Wantage, Bicester, Henley, Reading, Newbury, Thame, Wallingford, Marlow ... I teach pupils online anywhere in the world, latterly in UK towns such as Northampton, Cheltenham etc. and abroad in Hong Kong, Russia, Kazakhstan ...
- When are you available?
- During school term time I am more available to teach during the afternoons and evenings (from 2pm to 8pm) on weekdays than during the school holidays, when my working day lasts from 9am to 8pm. I often teach weekends, particularly on Saturdays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach primary-age children (Key Stage 2) who are preparing Common Entrance and other entrance examinations to independent schools; Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 teenagers for GCSE and IGCSE preparation; Key Stage 5 AS and A level preparation; adult learners for examination purposes or just for conversation practice (in the modern languages of English, French and Spanish); and coach young adults, giving them interview practice for the entrance interviews at Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Common Entrance,
Independent school entrance exams,
First or subsequent degree
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes - fully listed on the DBS update site.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I use Skype or Apple FaceTime. The video feed can be switched off at my student's request, or if it degrades the sound quality. Tests and exercises are sent to the student and returned to me for marking by email.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the General Teaching Council, the Association for Language Learning, sometime Chair of the Oxford Education Society, a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and the Academy of St Cecilia.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- University of Oxford, New College and Exeter College;
University of Oxford Department of Education;
Christ Church College Canterbury;
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- “David has been tutoring our son via Skype for the last year, since his Spanish teacher said she did not want to put him in for GCSE Spanish as she thought he would fail. David has been marvellous with coaxing and coaching him and giving him confidence. Just the one to one attention has been hugely beneficial, and the bonus that “tech” was involved, and that there was no time lost in driving to and from lessons has been a real godsend too. David is incredibly supportive and encouraging without being at all patronising, and really strikes the right balance to get the best out of his students. Can recommend unreservedly.”
Mrs F, Gloucestershire, May 2014
"Our son has flourished under Mr Pope’s tutelage; the balance and content of homework and classwork has been very carefully gauged and enabled our son to progress rapidly, with great enthusiasm for his studies. The weekly reports Mr Pope submits have been of immense value to us as parents trying to support our son’s learning, as has the clear structuring, marking and regular review of work." Dr M. and Mr E.
“David Pope has provided my daughter … with an excellent grounding in Spanish prior to her starting the subject at school. He has guided her through the basics in a clear, thoughtful and well-informed way and has formed a very good relationship… in which she has felt engaged, supported and motivated.” Mrs W.
“My two children (ages 9 and 10) have progressed rapidly in their French learning with David. His lessons with them are focused and thorough, and his approach is patient and clear. He has great enthusiasm for languages and significant experience in teaching them, which show through in his lessons. My children both very much enjoy their lessons and are even happy to do the homework! David is also very helpful in working with us to find the best ways to support their learning between lessons. " Jenny T
"Dear David, Thank you so much for all your help and guidance when I applied for the … Chaplaincy. It was good, too, to see you there when I went for interview…” Revd. Michael P"
Send a message to David Pope
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more