Find UK Tuition
Online GCSE Latin Tutors / GCSE Latin Tuition
Read more about GCSE Latin
See below for Online GCSE Latin Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for GCSE Latin Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online GCSE Latin Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Nick Rawson||West Midlands, B90|
|Tamara Galloway||Orpington, BR6|
|Mike Lambert||Stratford-on-Avon, CV37|
|Déborah Natanson||Edinburgh, EH8|
|Anthony B||Ruislip, HA4|
|Gayle Smith||Surbiton, London, KT6|
|Sue Henton||Melton Mowbray, LE14|
|Alice Kornicki||London, N15|
|Joe Hytner||North London, NW6|
|Daniela Gottardello||London, NW11|
|Rachel Friend||London, NW11|
|David Pope||Abingdon, OX14|
|Sue Smith||Wokingham, Berks, RG7|
|Thomas Yarrow||Dulwich, London, SE24|
|Domenico Gioffré||London, SW6|
|Atticus Cox||Chelsea, London, SW10|
|Tom Spencer||London, SW18|
|A Bell||Teddington, London, TW11|
|Ed Martineau||London, WC2|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Latin
- Personal Message
- Nicholas Rawson Language Teaching offers home tuition in French Spanish, Latin, Portuguese and Norwegian at various levels from Beginner right through to GCSE, A level and International Baccalaureate.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- French (Beginners, KS3, GCSE, AS, A2, International Baccalaureate ; Spanish (Beginners, KS3, GCSE, AS, A2, International Baccalaureate) ; Latin (Beginners, GCSE, AS, A2) ; Portuguese (Beginners) ; Norwegian (Beginners)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA Double Honours French and Latin - University of Manchester ; Diplôme de Français - Université de Dijon ; Master of Library Science (MLS) - University of Loughborough
- What kind of experience do you have?
- After working as a librarian in both academic and public libraries, Nick worked for a major library automation company for over 20 years. He was responsible for selling the company’s products and services throughout Europe, giving him ample opportunity to hone his language skills. In particular, Nick worked with the French Ministry of Education for over 15 years on a series of prestigious library automation projects requiring a deep understanding of both the French language and the French business environment.His last five years with the company were spent in Paris where, as Director, Southern Europe, Nick opened the office, recruited French staff and worked with academic libraries throughout Southern Europe. The majority of the work was carried out with libraries in Spain and Portugal, necessitating frequent trips to both countries.After taking early retirement, Nick began teaching languages and has not looked back. He enjoys passing on his knowledge and seeing his students grow both in confidence and ability. His lessons are informal and can be structured to the student's precise learning needs and requirements. Handouts and other supporting materials are provided. Nick is CRB checked and has worked for the last three years as an Assistant Examiner in Latin Language for the OCR Examination Board. He also carries out translation from Portuguese and Spanish in the fields of Librarianship and Information Science for Nicholas Cop Consulting based in Florida, USA.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25.00 per hour. Group discounts are available upon application
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at the student's home, and also give lessons via Skype to students situated both in the UK and abroad. My teaching takes place in the following places : Birmingham and surrounding area and Solihull, Shirley, Dorridge, Knowle and surrounding area.
- When are you available?
- Monday to Friday - 9.00 am - 9.00 pm Saturday : 9.00 am - 5.00 pm Sunday : 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach students of all ages from 7 years of age onwards. I teach at the following levels : Beginners, KS3, GCSE, AS, A2 and International Baccalaureate
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I carry out online tutoring using Skype. I send the topics we will be dealing with in a particular lesson to the student beforehand via email (eg. translation pieces, grammar notes, language exercises)
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a Fellow of the Institute of Sales and Marketing Management
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I believe that the ability to speak one or more languages in addition to one's own is a skill that can bring many rewards both at the individual and professional level. Employers are increasingly looking for people who are able to communicate effectively with their clients in other countries. On a more personal level, the ability to check into a hotel, order a meal or just talk to people in a foreign country when on holiday or on a business trip gives people a real sense of achievement. I enjoy passing on my knowledge and seeing my students grow both in confidence and ability. I look forward to helping you achieve the level of competence you desire in your chosen language.
Send a message to Nick Rawson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more