Find UK Tuition
Online Higher Chemistry Tutors / Higher Chemistry Tuition
Read more about Higher Chemistry
See below for Online Higher Chemistry Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Higher Chemistry Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Higher Chemistry Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Dr. Alison Hennessy||Linlithgow/ Edinburgh, EH49|
|Philip Bradfield||Dunfermline, Fife, KY12|
|Graham Leitch||Maidstone, ME15|
|M S Rahman||London, N11|
|Dr. C. Boes||Kelmarsh, Northant, NN6|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Higher Chemistry
- Personal Message
- As an experienced Chemistry teacher and tutor, I use a variety of teaching techniques to appeal to every type of learner.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Chemistry.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a degree in Chemistry from Glasgow University, a Ph.D from Heriot-Watt University and a PGDE in Chemistry Teaching from Strathclyde University (Jordanhill).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching in schools since 2005, and tutoring since 2006.
- How much do you charge?
- one-to-one: £30/ hour
Study days: £60/ day
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home in Linlithgow. Online tutoring is also a popular alternative.
- When are you available?
- I am currently available for online tuition.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All levels up to University
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I teach all levels, up to University level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I had a successful application in August 2011.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I use skype with a flip chart to teach online. Pupils tell me that the quality is 'like watching a TV screen', due to the fact that I have a high spec webcam and USB microphone. Of course, the overall experience is also dependent on your broadband connection, but this can be easily tested in a trial session. Please see my website to watch a video stream showing how my online tutoring works.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am registered with GTCS, and am a member of the teaching union, EIS.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained as a teacher at Jordanhill, Stratchclyde University.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My Scottish students have just completed their Standard Grades and Highers. I am now available for online tuition.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Every child learns differently. Some love learning from books, some love getting stuck in to experiments, and some prefer to learn from another person. School is not always a great environment for learning due to various distractions (I am a school teacher...I know); however, a tutor can build on and improve the child's learning through targeted lessons. Most children benefit from one to one tuition, as a knowledgeable teacher gets to know their weaknesses and strengths and teaches accordingly.
Send a message to Dr. Alison Hennessy
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more