Find UK Tuition
Online Jazz Double Bass Teachers / Jazz Double Bass Lessons
Read more about Jazz Double Bass
See below for Online Jazz Double Bass Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Jazz Double Bass Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Jazz Double Bass Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Remy Mallett||Hackney Wick, E3|
|Stewart Wilson||Glasgow, G31|
|Salima Barday Gowani||London, IG2|
|Ed Whitehead||London, N7|
|James Benzies||London, N15|
|Chris Kelly||London, SE6|
|Henry Guy||London, SW2|
|Dan Ezard||London, W4|
|Cian O'Brien BMus (Honours)||Ealing, W5|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Double Bass
- Personal Message
- I am a patient, professional and thorough tutor coming from a wide ranging background of musical experience. I have worked professionally in the fields of opera, choral music, orchestral music, and jazz, and am highly qualified in academic music.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I give practical tuition on keyboard instruments (Piano, Harpsichord, Organ), Cello and Double Bass (Jazz & Classical). I am well equipped to offer private tuition for public examinations in these instruments, and also for GCSE, A-Level and Bachelor-level Music, particularly for exam preparation, coursework and essay writing.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Graduated 2014 BA Hons First Class in Music, Hertford College, Oxford University. Grade 8 ABRSM Distinction in Piano, Organ, Double Bass & Cello. Grade 8 ABRSM Merit in Music Theory. Currently studying for MMus in Opera Repetiteurship at Guildhall School of Music & Drama. I achieved a Level 3 in my Blue Tutors tutor assessment.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am a highly experienced conductor and keyboard player, currently Choir Director & Organist at All Saints', Woodford Wells. I have previously been Musical Director of The Arcadian Singers (2013-14) and Oxford University Sinfonietta (2012-14), and was Studio Director at New Chamber opera (2013-14). I was Organ Scholar at Hertford College, Oxford (2011-14), Conducting Scholar with Schola Cantorum of Oxford (2013-14). I have worked as a repetiteur and vocal coach on many productions by New Chamber Opera, Opera Studio Oxford and Yorke Trust Coastal Opera. I have previous experience teaching piano and organ to both children and adults. As a Double Bassist I played with National Youth Orchestra, Oxford University Orchestra, and have freelanced with many groups around Oxford including Opera Lyrica.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge a basic rate of £25 per hour. I am able to offer discounts for group bookings, and can offer a reduced fee for initial consultation lessons. I am willing to travel to teach, but if a long distance we may have to negotiate an extra charge.
- Where do you teach?
- I am able to teach Piano, Singing, Double Bass and Cello from my home, and Organ at All Saints', Woodford Wells. I am also happy to travel to you, or for non-instrumental tuition we can meet at a mutually-convenient coffee shop.
- When are you available?
- I am flexible, and able to teach on evenings and weekends throughout the year, according to your requirements.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and all levels. I am able to offer interview preparation for university applicants.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am able to offer tuition over Skype, Viber, and email.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM) and the Musicians' Union (MU).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My principal teacher on Organ and Harpsichord was John Wellingham of the John Loosemore Centre, who gave me a particular specialism in early keyboard music and tracker action playing which I am pleased to be able to pass onto my students. I have studied conducting with a multitude of teachers including Colin Metters, Nicholas Cleobury, Peter Stark, Paul Spicer, Edward Higginbottom, Owen Rees, John Traill, and Toby Purser. At Oxford I studied privately with academics such as Suzanne Aspden, Jonathan Cross and Benjamin Skipp. In 2010-11 I studied Double Bass with LSO Principal Rinat Ibragimov and SSO Principal Nikita Naumov, both of whom took the instrument to the next level, and I enjoy passing their wisdom and technical advice onto my students. As a Piano Repetiteur/Vocal coach I am currently studying at Guildhall, have played for sessions with coaches such as Darren Hargen (Zurich Opera House), Ceri Williams and Alexander Crowe, from whom I learned a lot.
Send a message to Ed Whitehead
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more