Find UK Tuition
Online Jazz Double Bass Teachers / Jazz Double Bass Lessons
Read more about Jazz Double Bass
See below for Online Jazz Double Bass Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Jazz Double Bass Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Jazz Double Bass Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Stewart Wilson||Glasgow, G31|
|Huw V Williams||London, NW2|
|Sandy Suchodolski||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Colin Somervell||South East London, SE6|
|Henry Guy||London, SW2|
|Dan Ezard||London, W4|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Double Bass
- Personal Message
- I am an enthusiastic teacher, the most important thing for me is to make learning music enjoyable and relevant to my students requirements.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Jazz and Classical Double Bass and Bass Guitar. I can also teach Composition and Transcription and work on Music Theory examinations.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I am a graduate from the Royal Academy of Music. After studying Classical Double Bass and Jazz Bass with several London professionals I enrolled on the Junior Jazz course at the Royal Academy of Music, before joining the BMus course.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have performed with a large number of jazz ensembles in the UK and throughout Europe (Ronnie Scotts, The 100 Club, the 606 Club etc). My orchestral work has included The BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, I have also had a vast amount of show band 'Pit' work, including West End performances. (Vaudeville Theatre, Prince of Wales Theatre etc).
I have taught privately in London since 2009 I have also helped the Junior Jazz groups at the Academy.
- How much do you charge?
- 1 hour lesson: £25
1/2 hour lesson £15
consultation lesson £20
There is a £5 extra charge if you would like me to travel to you.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach at home or travel to students' homes. I am based in North West London but can also travel to any part of London or surrounding areas.
- When are you available?
- I am available most times of the week. Evenings, however, may be less available as I frequently perform in the evenings. I am not limited by school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach Double Bass and Bass Guitar as well as jazz/improvisation at all levels, ages and abilities.
I teach Theory up to ABRSM Grade 5 level, and Jazz Theory to a more advanced level.
All performance grades can be taught up to Grade 8.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Skype lessons can be arranged.