Find UK Tuition
Online Jazz Double Bass Teachers / Jazz Double Bass Lessons
Read more about Jazz Double Bass
See below for Online Jazz Double Bass Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Jazz Double Bass Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Jazz Double Bass Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Remy Mallett||Hackney Wick, E3|
|Stewart Wilson||Glasgow, G31|
|Salima Barday Gowani||London, IG2|
|Ed Whitehead||London, N7|
|Chris Kelly||London, SE6|
|Henry Guy||London, SW2|
|Dan Ezard||London, W4|
|Cian O'Brien BMus (Honours)||Ealing, W5|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Double Bass
- Personal Message
- I am a freelance double bass and electric bass player living in Glasgow.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach classical and jazz double bass covering areas such as general technique - basic to advanced - as well as musicianship. We can work on various styles of music including classical, jazz, folk, world music and pop. I also offer lessons on electric bass. Musicianship is an important area for me and I can provide tuition on rhythm, ear training, improvisation and musical dictation. Other areas I cover include piano tuition, music theory and composition.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I studied as both an undergraduate and a postgraduate at the RNCM in Manchester. I graduated from my Bachelor of Music in 2011 and completed my Master of Music in 2013. I also have an ATCL Diploma in double bass performance.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have a wide-range of performance and education experience. I have worked with professional orchestras such as the BBC Philharmonic, the Halle Orchestra and the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra. As a jazz musician I have performed on BBC Radio 3 and have appeared in a variety of ensembles from duo/trio to big band. I have played at the BBC Proms, the Manchester International Festival and the Manchester jazz festival. As an educator I work as a cover musician at the BIg Noise in Raploch and have tutored at the European Jazz Academy in Germany as well as providing private one to one tuition. I have also designed and taken part in several musical workshops in a variety of scenarios.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 per hour and £15 per half hour for bass tuition. Students are £20 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach at my home in Glasgow but am also willing to travel to surrounding areas/towns (Stirling, Ayrshire, Edinburgh, Dunbartonshire, Paisley, Kilmarnock) A travel fee will apply.
- When are you available?
- My schedule during the week if very flexible so we can work out a time which suits you best. I can usually offer morning, afternoon or evening lessons - whichever you prefer!
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages/levels right through from beginners to advanced players. All ages are welcome - I believe it's never too late to start learning the bass!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM performance and theory exams as well as Trinity qualifications. I can also offer preparation and advice for auditions.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can offer online lessons using Skype - the same rates apply for these lessons.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Musician's Union.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My tutors at the RNCM with Jiri Hudec (Principal Double Bass of the Czech Philharmonic) and Roberto Carrillo Garcia (Principal Double Bass of the Halle). I have also received jazz tuition from Steve Berry.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I'm an enthusiastic teacher and bass player who's keen to meet new bassists and to provide guidance and advice on all bass matters.
Send a message to Stewart Wilson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more