Find UK Tuition
Online Jazz Double Bass Teachers / Jazz Double Bass Lessons
Read more about Jazz Double Bass
See below for Online Jazz Double Bass Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Jazz Double Bass Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Jazz Double Bass Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Stewart Wilson||Glasgow, G1|
|Huw V Williams||London, NW2|
|Sandy Suchodolski||West Hampstead, NW6|
|Colin Somervell||South East London, SE6|
|Huw Marc Bennett||New Cross, London, SE14|
|Dan Ezard||London, W4|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Double Bass
- Personal Message
- Friendly musician who is keen to pass on knowledge.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Bass Guitar (4 string and 5 string), Double bass (jazz and classical), Guitar, music theory, songwriting/composition and Ukulele.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Bmus (hons) at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.
Yamaha Jazz Scholar 2012.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught various private pupils of wide age ranges, from those who play for fun and those who are preparing for music and GCSE/A level exams.
I am experienced in leading workshops with, Gwynedd and Mon Youth Jazz Band, Mid-Wales Youth Jazz Band, Mzansi Cymru community project.
In the summer of 2012 I was tutoring on the Original Jazz Summer School, Cardiff.
Wide experience in performance within many musical genres.
I have also been involved with community projects, Mzansi Cymru as principal bass player (2010-2011).
I have played in many venues and festivals over the country, Brecon Jazz Festival, Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Beach Break summer festival.
I Have performed in venues such as; St David's Hall, Wales Millenium Stadium, Wales Millenium Centre, Llangollen Pavilion, 606 jazz club, Spice of Life (London), Proud Camden.
I have also done TV and radio work with the BBC, shows such as Noson Lawen, Nadolig yn Llangollen, BBC Radio 3 Jazz on 3 and C2 Radio Cymru.
- How much do you charge?
- £25 an hour, £5 extra for travel.
- Where do you teach?
- At the student's house, I am willing to travel around North London and Hertfordshire area. Or if it's more convenient the student can come to me.
- When are you available?
- Most day times, evenings and Weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From beginners to advance students.
The youngest age I have taught is a group of twenty 8 year olds to adult students.
If students wish to take grades, I can teach ABRSM, Trinity and Rock School, grades 1-8.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- For those who want to take instrumental exams, I can teach them from grades 1-8, ABRSM, Trinity and Rock School,
I can also help students who are preparing for GCSE/A level; performance, composition and theory elements of the exam.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I studied at RWCMD and also taken private lessons outside college on the Double Bass and Bass Guitar.
I studied under Owen Evans (2006-2008),
Paula Gardiner (2008-2012),
Nick Weldon (2008-2012),
Dudley Phillips (2008-2012),
Jasper Hoiby (2008-2012),
Peter Herbert (2008-present).
Send a message to Huw V Williams
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more