Find UK Tuition
Online Jazz Double Bass Teachers / Jazz Double Bass Lessons
Read more about Jazz Double Bass
See below for Online Jazz Double Bass Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Jazz Double Bass Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Jazz Double Bass Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Remy Mallett||Hackney Wick, E3|
|Stewart Wilson||Glasgow, G31|
|Salima Barday Gowani||London, IG2|
|Ed Whitehead||London, N7|
|James Benzies||London, N15|
|Chris Kelly||London, SE6|
|Henry Guy||London, SW2|
|Dan Ezard||London, W4|
|Cian O'Brien BMus (Honours)||Ealing, W5|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Double Bass
- Personal Message
- Welcome to my tutorpage! I am a bass guitarist and double bass player with professional experience in a variety of musical styles. As well teaching bass, I play internationally and am an active part of London's music scene.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Bass Guitar and Double Bass
- On both instruments a whole range of ideas can be approached, starting from basic technique and learning some songs you like, right down to the nitty gritty of groove, all sorts of styles, improvisation, extended techniques (slapping, tapping etc), music theory and more. We can approach music through grades or through simply using what each student enjoys, either way we'll both learn a great deal and have fun while we're at it!
- Using the program Sibelius to hear your compositions as you compose is an invaluable tool for many. As a regular user of Sibelius I can help people with any level of computer literacy find their feet with Sibelius in no time.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- During secondary school I attained Grade 8 Electric Bass with Rockschool and grade 5 theory. After doing music A-Level (during which I received multiple scholarships to study music abroad) I applied to study at Berklee college of music, for which I was offered a scholarship. However by then I had got involved in the London music scene and decided to stay and seek my own education.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been playing professionally for 6 years doing session work and playing with bands such as Myriad Forest, Afrik Bawantu, Don Kipper, Psylus, King Krule, Sasha Keable, Mak Mimicka Ensemble, Ozi Ozaa and Big Beat Manifesto, playing and writing in various styles including rock, pop, funk, jazz, hiphop, afrobeat, soca, highlife, drum'n'bass, R'n'B, motown, metal, klezmer, Greek music, samba and electronica.
Instead of studying at a university I moved to London and sought to study and perform with various prominent teachers and musicians. Some of those include Mike Janisch, Michael Manring, Laurence Cottle, Mulele Matondo Afrika, John Taylor, John Riley, Nathaniel Facey, Gary Crosby, Barak Schmool, Afla Sackey, Yaw Asumandu, Merlin Shepherd and Jasper Hoiby.
I have been regularly teaching people of all ages for 3 years.
- How much do you charge?
- £25 an hour or £20 for half an hour
I will charge a travel cost If I have to travel, the amount will vary depending on the cost and time it takes to reach a student.
If a student wishes to cancel a lesson, they must let me know up to 24 hours before the lesson, if I am not given 24 hours notice I will invoice the student for the lesson. Of course under unavoidable circumstances I will withhold the invoice.
- Where do you teach?
- I normally teach at my home studio near Seven Sisters station in Haringey, North London.
I often have students from local areas Stoke Newington, Stamford Hill, Wood Green and Archway, but I also teach students who travel from other cities.
I am also happy to travel to my students' homes throughout London.
- When are you available?
- My schedule varies from week to week, so please get in touch about availability and we can organise a time that suits us!
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Any age or level is good.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can teach on Skype for my normal rates, please get in touch if you are interested!
Send a message to James Benzies
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more