Find UK Tuition
Online Jazz Flute Teachers / Jazz Flute Lessons
Read more about Jazz Flute
See below for Online Jazz Flute Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Jazz Flute Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Jazz Flute Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Dave J Ford||Perth, KY14|
|Dan Lipman||London, N1|
|Marguerite McMullin||Nottingham, NG7|
|Alice Nicholson||Newark/ Nottingham, NG23|
|Sam Miles||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Andrew Freidin||Oxford, OX3|
|Ben Mallinder||Winchester, SE10|
|Fraser Smith||Lewisham SE London, SE13|
|Benjamin Copeman||Winchester, Hants, SO24|
|Samuel Evans||Crystal Palace, SW20|
|Sam Healey||Altrincham, WA14|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Flute
- Personal Message
- I offer friendly, supportive tuition for anyone interested in learning anything from the basics to more advanced skills in jazz improvisation.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Saxophone, Flute
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I graduated in 2012 from the prestigious Trinity College of Music where I studied Jazz performance at Masters level. This followed four years at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama and gained a 1st Class degree in the same area. I took my Grade 8 sax a few years ago and am familiar with teaching the grading systems.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- After graduating I worked for a major American cruise line, performing nightly in the Show Band and Jazz Quintet on sax, flute and clarinet. I now run my own modern jazz band which is signed to a major agency and has performed at numerous Jazz festivals and clubs. I also play in a number of high end Pop/ Soul function bands and work with DJ's and singer/ songwriters. I'm currently involved in a lot of early jazz music groups and have travelled to Russia, Greece, Portugal and the Cannes film festival recently playing music of this era. I now run and compose for an originals project which fuses house music and jazz.
Teaching-wise, I currently work in four East, two South West and two Central schools giving instrumental lessons to primary/ secondary school children. I've been teaching privately for the last 5 years and also have lots of workshop leadership experience. I'm an active member of 'Live Music Now', which involves performing live music to special needs children and the elderly across the UK.
- How much do you charge?
- I usually charge £30 per hour, which is the standard lesson length and allows us to cover lots of ground, however I will do a discount for children having shorter lessons.
- Where do you teach?
- I live and teach around Greenwich, Lewisham, New Cross, Deptford, Catford, Central London and other South East areas. I'll happily travel to your home if that makes things easier.
- When are you available?
- I'm fairly flexible and can probably find a time to suit us both!
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Comfortable teaching all ages and abilities. I regularly introduce children to the instrument for the first time in schools and at the other end of the spectrum I have prepared students for Music Conservatoire entry.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM/ Trinity graded examinations, extra GCSE/ A-level performance support.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Enhanced CRB held for three London music services.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Newham Music Service, (Every Child a Musician), Thames (tower Hamlets music service), Wandsworth Music Service.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I took lessons with some of the best guys around during my years of intensive study. Whilst I stopped official lessons upon graduating, I think every serious musician continues to learn and study for a lifetime. Although I make a living from playing and teaching, music is an ongoing commitment/ love for me and I'm always transcribing and playing along with the masters,practicing and continually pushing myself to the next level.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Current students' ages and abilities vary; I coach post grade 8 sax players with jazz improvisation and also take on students that have never blown a sax before! One of my jazz students recently gained entry to Trinity College of Music.
Lots of my current students came to me as beginners and have made excellent progress. Most have reached a point where they are now playing tunes that they want to play and are often performing at their family events/ gatherings. I make sure students get the most out of the lessons and are learning skills relevant to them in a fun way.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I look forward to hearing from you! strongly believe that if you have a passion for the music then you can get your playing to the level you want.
Send a message to Fraser Smith
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more