Find UK Tuition
Online Jazz Flute Teachers / Jazz Flute Lessons
Read more about Jazz Flute
See below for Online Jazz Flute Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Jazz Flute Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Jazz Flute Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Michael Magg||Edinburgh, EH9|
|Anastasia R||Surbiton, Kingston, KT5|
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Joann Kerrigan||Worsley Manchester, M28|
|Marguerite McMullin||Nottingham, NG7|
|Alice Nicholson||Newark/ Nottingham, NG23|
|Tom Halpenny||Tufnell Park, NW5|
|Sam Miles||West Hampstead, NW6|
|Boris Bizjak||Blackheath, SE London, SE3|
|Phil Meadows||Lewisham, London, SE6|
|Ben Mallinder||Greenwich, SE10|
|Marian McCrickard||Greenwich, SE10|
|Fraser Smith||Lewisham SE London, SE13|
|Samuel Evans||Clapham, London, SW12|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Flute
- Personal Message
- I offer friendly, supportive tuition available for anyone taking exams or playing for fun.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Saxophone, Flute
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I studied for four years at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama and gained a 1st Class degree in music performance and have just graduated from Trinity College of Music on the masters course in jazz performance. I took my Grade 8 sax a few years ago along with other Flute and Clarinet exams.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- After graduating I worked for a major American cruise line, performing nightly in the Show Band and Jazz Quintet on sax, flute and clarinet. I now run my own jazz band which has performed at numerous Jazz festivals and regularly plays various UK clubs. I also play in a number of Pop/ Soul function bands and work with DJ's and singer/ songwriters.
My main project is currently a high energy 8 piece drum and bass/ reggae outfit.
Teaching-wise, I currently work in six East London schools, giving instrumental lessons to primary school children. I've also been teaching privately for the last 5 years and have lots of workshop leadership experience. I'm an active member of 'Live Music Now', which involves performing live music to special needs children and the elderly across the UK.
- How much do you charge?
- I usually charge £20 per hour, £15 per half hour
- Where do you teach?
- I live and teach around Greenwich, Lewisham, New Cross, Deptford, Catford, Central London and other South East areas. I'll happily travel to your home if that makes things easier.
- When are you available?
- I'm fairly flexible and can probably find a time to suit us both!
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Comfortable teaching all ages and abilities.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM/ Trinity graded examinations, extra GCSE/ A-level performance support
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Enhanced CRB held.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Newham Music Service, (Every Child a Musician), Live Music now, Alive Network
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I've been taking lessons with UK professionals for the past four years, learning from some of the best guys around. I'm currently studying with Martin Speake and taking classes with some other great players/ educators.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Current students' ages and abilities vary; I coach post grade 8 sax players with jazz improvisation and also take on students that have never blown a sax before! Most of my current students came to me as beginners and have made excellent progress over the past year. They have progressed to the point where they are now playing tunes that they want to play and are often performing at their family events. I make sure students get the most out of the lessons and are learning skills relevant to them in a fun way.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I look forward to hearing from you! strongly believe that if you have a passion for the music then you can get your playing to the level you want.
Send a message to Fraser Smith
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more