Find UK Tuition
Online Jazz Flute Teachers / Jazz Flute Lessons
Read more about Jazz Flute
See below for Online Jazz Flute Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Jazz Flute Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Jazz Flute Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Benjamin Copeman||Haslemere, GU27|
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Chris Murphy||Bedford, MK42|
|Dan Lipman||London, N1|
|Marguerite McMullin||Nottingham, NG7|
|Alice Nicholson||Newark/ Nottingham, NG23|
|Sam Miles||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Andrew Freidin||Oxford, OX3|
|Boris Bizjak||Blackheath, SE London, SE3|
|Ben Mallinder||Greenwich, SE10|
|Samuel Evans||Clapham, London, SW12|
|Sam Healey||Altrincham, WA14|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Flute
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced musician and teacher with a passion for both performing and teaching; I provide fun and exciting lessons tailored to each pupil
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Flute(s) (including Piccolo, Alto & Bass instruments) and Music Theory.
I am experienced in teaching the following styles of music: Baroque, Classical, Romantic as well as improvisatory jazz, and contemporary music.
I teach ABRSM and Trinity Grades also.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I graduated with 2.1 in Music performance from Bath Spa University, where I studied with Richard Dobson.
In 2013 I received my Post Graduate Diploma in music performance from Trinity Laban Conservatoire in London.
Currently I am studying on the Post Graduate Artist Diploma Course, graduating in December 2014.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 4 years experience teaching in schools (King Edward's School Witley, Morley College Lambeth & Hackney Music Development Trust) and privately, in groups (up to 20) and individual environments.
During this time I have taught ABRSM & Trinity Guildhall syllabuses for pupils entering Graded Exams 1-8.
As a performer I play in a variety of ensembles. Please refer to my biography for a brief description of my experience to date:
Benjamin Copeman is a flutist studying on the Post Graduate Diploma Course at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music & Dance.
He performs in a range of musical enviornments, with pianist Naufal Mukumi, The Alaunus Woodwind Quintet, Trio Beaira with Violist Raisa Zapryanova & Harpist Aileen Henry, "Fawson & Copeman" Celtic & Bretagne duo with Singer and Guitarist Ben Fawson and as Principal Flute with Orchestra Eroica.
Benjamin also directs an annual contemporary music festival every summer in Haslemere (Surrey) to which
composers Joshua Spear, Simon Bennison, Daniel Gillingwater & Brochwel Mytton are featuring the premieres of new works.
Benjamin is a prize winner of the Gladys Puttick Improvisation Competition in 2013 and his study with Anna Noakes (Royal Phlharmonic Orchestra) and Margaret Campbell (Principal Flute Royal Operha House Covent Garden) at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music is generously supported by the Gold & Silver Wyre Drawer Livery Company and EMI Sound Foundation.
- How much do you charge?
- £30 for an hour flute lesson, or £15 for half an hour, and I offer a half price consultation lesson.
- Where do you teach?
- I travel to many of my pupil's homes in in and around Haslemere i.e Fernhurst, Kingsley Green, Hindhead, Lynchmere,
I also teach from my home in the centre of Haslemere town.
Either option is fine - whichever suits the pupil best.
- When are you available?
- Availability is generally better on weekends and weekday evenings with certain days in the week free.
My schedule is somewhat flexible which I strive to fit in around my pupils
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I enjoy to teach ALL ages and abilities from complete beginners to Grade 8 and beyond
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM & TRINITY GUILDHALL
The choice of either comes down to the pupil's suitability
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can offer lessons over SKYPE as well as advice on flute playing as well as repair and purchasing of instruments.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- British Flute Society.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I have trained with Richard Dobson & Nicholas Vallis-Davies at Bath Spa University.
At Trinity Laban Conservatoire I study with Anna Noakes (former Royal Philharmonic Orchestra), Margaret Campbell (Principal Flute Royal Opera House Covent Garden) & Alan Baker (Piccolo English National Opera)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently teaching a half dozen students who are of a wide range of ability and interests.
The youngest are around 8 years old and the most experienced are close to retirement age.
I am currently entering students for ABRSM Grades 1 to 7 and will soon be entering a student for Grade 8.
Some of my students are studying classical music and others Jazz, Folk and Songwriting.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Music allows us to see life through our hearts. Furthermore, it allows us to contemplate the divine and seek to bring it into our daily existence. It is also fun and (if you play) great exercise!
I will be delighted to teach at your pace whether your are learning for fun or perhaps a more serious purpose.
Send a message to Benjamin Copeman
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more