Find UK Tuition
Online Jazz Flute Teachers / Jazz Flute Lessons
Read more about Jazz Flute
See below for Online Jazz Flute Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Jazz Flute Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Jazz Flute Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Joann Kerrigan||Worsley Manchester, M28|
|Chris Murphy||Bedford, MK42|
|Marguerite McMullin||Nottingham, NG7|
|Alice Nicholson||Newark/ Nottingham, NG23|
|Sam Miles||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Andrew Freidin||Oxford, OX3|
|Boris Bizjak||Blackheath, SE London, SE3|
|Ben Mallinder||Greenwich, SE10|
|Samuel Evans||Clapham, London, SW12|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Flute
- Personal Message
- I am a professional saxophonist, specialising in improvisation. I believe that anybody can make music, no matter what age, so why wait? Start making music now!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach jazz and classical saxophone, flute, clarinet as well as general musicianship from the theory of music to confident stage performance techniques.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I am about to begin my fourth and final year at Trinity College of Music in jazz performance. I have completed all my grade exams in music at a young age and have successful results in my A levels in college including music.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I began learning saxophone at the age of 10 when my neighbour let me borrow his grandfathers old saxophone. From that moment I knew that I wanted to become a professional musician. I have played with the likes of Jamie Cullum, Charlotte Church, Sir John Dankworth, Dennis Rollins and was member of the National Youth Jazz Orchestra for several years. I have had a lot of experience in session work including TV, radio and studio. I am also in several ensembles including the Ben Mallinder Group, East Park Reggae Collective, BB collective and I am a regular guest member of many other bands in London and around the UK. I have recently come of tour with the East Park Reggae Collective playing at festivals such as Istanbul Jazz Festival, Umbria Jazz Festival, Latitude, the Big Chill, Lovebox to name a few.
I have been a tutor for Tower Hamlets Music Service with Wider Opportunities and have been teaching individuals and groups for many years. I recently was invited to lead a group of young people in Northern Ireland as part of an Arts Council event in Co. Down where I introduced the young classical and Irish musicians to Jazz.
- How much do you charge?
- The fee is negotiable but based on a set fee of £30 per hour, depending on location.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to teach in my own home where I have a dedicated music room, however I am also willing to travel but the travel expenses must be covered by the student. I live in the centre of Greenwich, 5 minutes walk from the train station and 2 minutes from the Cutty Sark DLR.
- When are you available?
- I am flexible with my availability and lesson times can be negotiated to suit both parties.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to teach beginners, intermediate and advanced players of all ages.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I have an up-to-date CRB disclosure certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I began studying with Richard Ingham (editor of the Cambridge Companion to the Saxophone) at the age of 10. I then began studying with Joel Purnell (head lecturer of saxophone at Leeds College of Music). I am currently studying with Jean Toussaint, Gerard McChrystal and Julian Siegal. I have also studyed clarinet with Anthony Jennings (ex BBC symphony orchestra clarinetist) and flute with Gareth Lockrane.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I believe that each student is an individual and has their own way of learning and this is something I will always aim to fulfill with every student and them reach their own potential regardless of age or experience. I also believe that music should be fun, but as with anything in life nothing is gained unless something is put in.
Send a message to Ben Mallinder
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more