Find UK Tuition
Online Jazz Flute Teachers / Jazz Flute Lessons
Read more about Jazz Flute
See below for Online Jazz Flute Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Jazz Flute Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Jazz Flute Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Benjamin Copeman||Haslemere, GU27|
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Chris Murphy||Bedford, MK42|
|Dan Lipman||London, N1|
|Marguerite McMullin||Nottingham, NG7|
|Alice Nicholson||Newark/ Nottingham, NG23|
|Sam Miles||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Andrew Freidin||Oxford, OX3|
|Boris Bizjak||Blackheath, SE London, SE3|
|Ben Mallinder||Greenwich, SE10|
|Samuel Evans||Clapham, London, SW12|
|Sam Healey||Altrincham, WA14|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Flute
- Personal Message
- Friendly, patient and enthusiastically rich music lessons tailored to your individual requirements.Whether you just want to learn 'The Simpsons' on the saxophone, or get a distinction on grade 8 flute. Any age, and any ability is more than welcome.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Flute, Saxophone (alto, Tenor and Soprano) Clarinet, (Classical and Jazz), and Theory to Grade 5
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Flute Grade 8 Distinction and London College Performance Diploma. Saxophone Grade 8 and Jazz Standard Grade 5. Music A level and Grade 5 theory.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been playing for 20 years and passed my diploma in 2000. I have been teaching privately for a decade with 100% pass rate for classical, jazz and theory exams for ABRSM board exclusively (although I am familiar with most syllabuses). I have taught for the Music for Schools Foundation around Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire, as well as at private schools and music schools.
- How much do you charge?
- Instrumental lessons are £30 per hour - these can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly, 3/4hrly slots are usually available - please ask. Theory Lessons £30 per hour. Reductions for longer lessons.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from home, near Newark, in a beautiful converted barn with wonderful acoustics and a warming log fire, in acres of open countryside. It is very private and you can make as much noise as you like. We are located close to Southwell, Grantham (the A1 is 5mins away), Mansfield, Farndon, Balderton and most of NG24.
- When are you available?
- Daytime lessons are available for adults, early evening lessons for younger pupils, and I teach up to 9pm weeknights for adults.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages from primary school to the more mature learner, and I also teach all levels from no experience to dimploma level. I teach jazz and Theory for exams to Grade 5. My youngest flute player was just 6 years old...and my eldest..well I don't think he'd thank me for telling you..
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I try to encourage all my pupils to work towards their ABRSM exams.
I also hold concerts for my pupils to gain performance experience and for parents to listen to their childs improvements, we generally have a lot of fun and try to keep it as informal as possible.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. as from Jan 2012
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Timed sessions offering advice and problem solving, exercises for technique and theory questions given and marked. 24 hours advice to all enquiries. Web meetings via webcam/messenger.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained under Alistair Parnell in Nottingham, along with his lovely wife Sarah - who took me to diploma level. I studied B/Mus at The University of Southampton. I attended Music School for 5 years before teaching there myself. I also attended the 11th session county workshop and did many performances.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I Have a very talanted 14 year old boy who just passed his Grade 5 Jazz (which is impressive at his age) on the Saxophone, who plays the Saxophone in the Nottingham Youth Jazz Orchestra, as well as another inspiring teenager who passed her grade 7 flute with a merit last term, and is now working towards grade 8. I have a pupil who is working towards her ATCL diploma on the flute too. I have so many wonderful, characteristic individuals.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Don't be shy. Music is a very expressive way of showing emotion through sound...It can really help boost self esteem and widen your social circle as it opens so many doors to music groups, ensembles etc. I consider myself to be very friendly, personable and particularly approachable and try to encourage the best possible performances out of all my pupils. also - don't delay. If you want to start lessons and learn to play an instrument. Call me and I will try my best to fit you in as soon as I can, you don't need an instrument, books, experience...anything except the willingness to learn.
Send a message to Alice Nicholson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more