Find UK Tuition
Online Jazz Flute Teachers / Jazz Flute Lessons
Read more about Jazz Flute
See below for Online Jazz Flute Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Jazz Flute Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Jazz Flute Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Dave J Ford||Perth, KY14|
|Joann Kerrigan||Worsley Manchester, M28|
|Dan Lipman||London, N1|
|Alice Nicholson||Newark/ Nottingham, NG23|
|Sam Miles||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Andrew Freidin||Oxford, OX3|
|Ben Mallinder||Winchester, SE10|
|Benjamin Copeman||Winchester, Hants, SO24|
|Sam Healey||Altrincham, WA14|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Flute
- Personal Message
- I aim to support an individual realise his or her potential; the study of the arts is enriching to the soul as one deepens one's understanding of our culture.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach flute and jazz flute. I also teach drawing and sculpture (more about that below). Flute is my principal instrument, and so I feel I have the most to offer as a teacher. However I also play (and am prepared to teach) piano, clarinet, saxaphone, violin, viola, baroque flute and recorder. I teach traditional realistic drawing, and can help students develop their abilities in a range of media and styles. I also teach figurative sculpture, including anatomy, proportion, gesture and expression, in wax, clay, bronze and marble.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I studied flute for 18 years with Peter Edge, principal flute of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, and a pupil of the great Geoffrey Gilbert. I hold an Associate of Music Australia qualification (Flute). I did an uncompleted musical degree at the University of Melbourne. I did further studies with a number of flutists including 3 summer schools with Sir James Galway. I studied piano with Ron Farren-Price and Mack Jost; baroque flute with Kate Clark; violin with Georgina Leach. I am self-taught on my other instruments. I studied painting at The Victorian College of the Arts, bronze casting at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, and marble carving at Studio Nicoli in Carrara, Italy
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have extensive experience in teaching flute and can prepare students for exams at all levels. I am happy also to work without exams as the goal. My experience is diverse, playing various instruments in orchestras, chamber groups Rhythm and Blues bands, jazz ensembles and doing session work for TV and CDs. My artwork has been shown and sold in numerous group and solo exhibitions.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £35 for 1 hour. I am prepared to travel to students, but I generally prefer to work in my studio where I have a piano and many resources. I charge £5-10 for travel.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home. I live in Headington, Oxford OX3
- When are you available?
- I have very flexible hours and can hopefully accommodate most students' schedules.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and levels. I have a particular interest in teaching music to adult beginners, especially if they have a background in some other instrument.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Not up to date.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I have made an intensive exploration of all aspects of flute playing and take a keen interest in finding and removing obstacles to a student's progress. I believe most people have enormous talent and potential, but are blocked or inhibited from progress for various reasons. Sometimes these blocks are psychological, but quite often they are simple misunderstandings of physical aspects, such as how to hold the instrument. Once these issues can be understood and sorted, and tension is eliminated, progress can rapidly be achieved with a feeling of confidence and security. Musical expression is developed through listening and understanding, from fine detail to grand structure, and I hope to help develop the student's perspective over the entire range.
Send a message to Andrew Freidin
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more