Find UK Tuition
Online Public Speaking Tutors / Public Speaking Tuition
Read more about Public Speaking
See below for Online Public Speaking Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Public Speaking Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Public Speaking Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Dr Robin Wooldridge||Birmingham, B29|
|Helen Hendrickson Elocution||birmingham, B79|
|Ric Morris||Brighton, BN3|
|Nathan Williams||Bristol, BS8|
|Fiona Battisby||Henbury, Bristol, BS10|
|Candy||Leamington Spa, CV31|
|Andy Collins||Durham, DH7|
|Mark Spillane||London, E4|
|Rosalie Bolt||London, EC2|
|Michael Park||New Malden, Surrey, KT3|
|Joanna Gray||Bedford, MK42|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|Melissa D'Arcy||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Pauline Midwinter||Barsham, NR34|
|Gabrielle Jourdan||Central London, NW1|
|Julie Howell||Peterborough, PE2|
|Martin Thomasson||Chorley, PR6|
|Pimmi Pande||Brockley, SE London, SE4|
|Harriet Swift-Marshall||Devizes, SN10|
|Pam Williams||Clapham, London, SW9|
|Dan Wheeler||Battersea, SW11|
|Joseph Wilkins||Wandsworth, SW18|
|Lindsey Pearson||Ealing, TW8|
|Emma-Louise Tinniswood||Sunbury, TW16|
|Daniel Hart||London, W2|
|Dr Kiran Kamat||London, W5|
|Lynn Edmonstone||London, W11|
|Rachel Preece||Kensington, London, W14|
|Joanne Singer||King's Cross, WC1X|
|Jay||Radlett, Watford, WD7|
|James Gregory Voice||Lichfield, WS15|
|Maureen Theaker||Wolverhampton, WV1|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Public Speaking
- Personal Message
- I am a professional actor with a range of experience in stage performance, having toured the UK, Europe and the USA. I run drama workshops for schools and universities and also coach individuals.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach all forms of acting and drama. My own performance experience leads me to specialise in Shakespeare and classical texts but am equally comfortable with modern drama. I am happy to work towards drama school auditions, help with theatre studies / drama exams for school, or work on acting technique with keen amateur actors.
I am also able to tutor students of GCSE and A-Level English.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA in Professional Acting from LAMDA.
I also have a BA in English and Philosophy from Leeds University (first class).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have run a range of acting workshops for students of various ages and with groups as large as 30. These have been generally focused on Shakespeare but have also looked at the use of music on stage. I have worked with younger students on performance technique.
I have coached various aspiring young actors (and singers) towards their drama school auditions, with my students securing places at establishments including Drama Centre, Drama Studio London, London School of Musical Theatre, and ENO Opera Works.
- How much do you charge?
- For auditions and vocational drama lessons I currently charge £25 p/h as an introductory rate! This is likely to go up to £30 next year. For GCSE tutoring I charge £30, and for A-Level £35 p/h. Prices for group workshops on request.
I also have some charges for travel:
under 3 miles - £ free.
Over 3 miles but within London zone 4 - £5.
Outside zone 4 - £ travel costs by public transport.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach at my home but I prefer to come to you - especially for drama school auditions. Auditions can be nerve-wracking and as you are likely to be more comfortable at home we can usually work faster to get the best out of you!
I am based in Battersea so anywhere in South London is ideal. Also happy to travel anywhere in London or just outside - Surrey, Kent, Berkshire etc - but will charge for travel in this case, see above.
- When are you available?
- Currently I am available daytimes and evenings, weekdays and weekends! Please contact me for specific availability as I may have other ad hoc commitments and jobs.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Any age and ability, but my experience is currently best suited to 16-21.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, A-Level, drama school / music college auditions. Also professional performance, vocational skills.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- If required I can tutor by Skype, but to be honest this is a poor substitute for in-person teaching.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Member of Equity and Spotlight.
- Where and with whom did you train?
University of Leeds
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Acting is incredibly subjective and every performer is different. I will let you know what you do well naturally, and then find areas in which you can improve, going at whatever pace you are comfortable with. If you are auditioning for drama school I can help to choose suitable audition speeches and give you advice on what to expect from the audition process. Then we will begin to work on your speeches, making them interesting and unique to you. We will make sure that if you are applying to drama school you show versatility, or if it is a one-off audition we work to your strengths. I am happy to do a one-off session of an hour or two on a speech, or work with you periodically through an audition season for drama school.
For English tuition, I can help with essay structure, analysing and critiquing classical as well as modern texts, or help you to understand literary concepts or aspects of English language that might be difficult for you at the moment. Basically, whatever you feel you need help with - I'm very flexible!
Send a message to Dan Wheeler
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more