Find UK Tuition
Online Public Speaking Tutors / Public Speaking Tuition
Read more about Public Speaking
See below for Online Public Speaking Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Public Speaking Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Public Speaking Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Marie-Louise Goode||Birmingham, B74|
|James Gregory||Balsall Common, B93|
|Julia Cawte||Bristol, BS7|
|Andy Collins||Durham, DH7|
|Mark Spillane||London, E4|
|Rosalie Bolt||London, EC2|
|Susan Nataly Coombes||London and herts, EC2|
|Debra Bertulis||Herefordshire, HR6|
|Nathan Williams||Halifax, HX1|
|Michael Park||New Malden, Surrey, KT3|
|Joanna Gray||Bedford, MK42|
|Gabrielle Jourdan||North London, N1|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|Melissa D'Arcy||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Tess Seddon||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Daniel Hart||London, NW5|
|Harriet G||North West London, NW8|
|Tricia Etherton||Southend on Sea, SS9|
|Pam Williams||Clapham, London, SW9|
|F Gordon-Smith||Wimbledon, SW19|
|Maureen Theaker||England, TF10|
|Linda Walden||Tunbridge Wells, TN3|
|Pauline Midwinter||Ashford, TN23|
|Emma-Louise Tinniswood||Twickenham, TW1|
|Lindsey Pearson||Ealing, TW8|
|Emily F Smith||Mayfair, London, W1|
|Anita Borge||London, W3|
|Lynn Edmonstone||London, W11|
|Rachel Preece||Kensington, London, W14|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Public Speaking
- Personal Message
- I currently have no availability for new students before the beginning of July, but I am welcoming both enquiries and bookings for then.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- My main subject is Elocution and Accent Reduction. I also tutor Drama, English and 11+ preparation - all topics covered.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA (Hons) Performing Arts and MA (Hums). I have held QTS since 2002.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I ran a touring theatre company for three years and assisted several young actors from our productions to enter Drama school. Three past students have now been accepted into RADA, one into Ballet Rambert - cause for a huge celebration! I was a Drama teacher for ten years (including teaching both Jesy Nelson of Little Mix and Harry Derbridge of TOWIE) and alongside this I also took active roles in community theatre projects with young people including running my own young person's theatre group. I then tutored individual students at all levels in Secondary school to enable them to achieve their potential in English. My 11+ tutoring has had good rates of success over the years. I have been tutoring in Elocution for nearly five years now and thoroughly enjoy the challenges. All of my students have individually tailored lessons. I recently had an article about Elocution published in a textbook, was featured in both the Independent and the Daily Mail and appeared on Radio 1Xtra to give Charlie Sloth an Elocution lesson!
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 per hour for my tutoring services. I would be very willing to negotiate rates for groups or pairs, so please feel free to contact me. I accept cheque and Paypal for online tuition. For those who come to my house for their lesson I accept credit and debit card payments using iZettle.
- Where do you teach?
- I am primarily available for online tutoring and I am willing to teach here at my home. I live in Ashford, Kent. There are very good transport links here and there is a very high speed train service between here and London. The station here is called Ashford International.
- When are you available?
- I am available Monday - Friday evenings at present from 7pm and every Wednesday 8.30am-4.30pm. If you look at my website you can choose your own appointment time, pay with Paypal and buy resources that I have produced inlcuding an eBook, an audiobook, vocal clip recordings and PDF files.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am willing to teach any age. My speciality is 11-18 as I am a qualified Drama teacher at Secondary school level. I also taught KS3 & KS4 English alongside my Drama teaching and very much enjoyed it although most lessons used Drama to learn English! My Elocution students range from age 5 to age 95!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE / A'Level / 11+ examinations / LAMDA
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I had a CRB check carried out for my previous employer but I have not had a DBS certificate yet.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- You will need a headset and microphone. We add each other on Skype as contacts. I will be online at an arranged time and when you sign in I will take you through the topic you have signed up for, using a programme that we will both be able to see, using Skype's screen sharing facility. For elocution I tutor online using a headset and microphone. You will need a mirror to watch and change your mouth shapes when I tell you too. A webcam is an advantage but not essential. For Drama and English coursework students may email me copies of their work and I will email back a response. For example, I can annotate notes for essay improvement. Students can also email me video auditions or links to their audition tapes online and I can offer advice. This service will obviously fit around the other tutoring so patience is required!
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- LAMDA Associate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Suffolk College, Ipswich - Performing Arts degree. Voice tutor - Brian Ralph. Open University - MA in Humanities.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- 2009 - My 11+ students for last year numbered 5. 3 passed outright, 1 passed the Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning but failed the Maths. 1 I have never heard back from!
2010 - I tutored three 11+ students - all 3 passed. One student was awarded a place at Maidstone Girls Grammar School despite being way out of catchment, one at King Edward's in Birmingham. Throughout the year I taught thirteen Elocution students.
2011 - I tutored two 11+ students online and one in his home. It was a tough year. Two of my students got great results, but because everyone else did too they weren't in the high enough percentile to get a Grammar school place. I had sixteen Elocution students throughout the year.
2012 - I tutored five students for the 11+ and four of them passed. One of them scored full marks for the Non-Verbal Reasoning! This year I tutored over thirty students with varying Elocution needs - many of them taking six lessons or more.
2013 - I tutored Charlie Sloth of Radio 1Xtra! I tutored more international students this year - Argentina, Malta, Norway, Switzerland and Australia!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Check out my Midwinter Tuition Elocution podcast too - essential for listening to sounds and pronouncing them correctly! Search for it on iTunes or Jellycast. I have also published an eBook on lulu and an audiobook on bandcamp. All of these are easily accessed through my website.
Send a message to Pauline Midwinter
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more