Find UK Tuition
Online UKCAT Tutors / UKCAT Tuition
Read more about UKCAT
See below for Online UKCAT Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for UKCAT Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online UKCAT Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|C Tweed||Mill Hill, HA8|
|Mr.Kanesalingam||Ilford, Essex, IG3|
|Dr Martine Hooper||Chertsey/ Weybridge, KT16|
|Philip Bradfield||Dunfermline, Fife, KY12|
|M S Rahman||London, N11|
|Dr Parikh||Oxfordshire, OX1|
|Elliot Travers||Reading, RG10|
|Patrick Jemmer||Swansea, SA2|
|Cathy Bear||London, SW1|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|P Godden||Ashford, Kent, TN24|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for UKCAT
- Personal Message
- An experienced and professional academic language tutor with an extensive background in the Cambridge ESOL exams (IELTS, FCE, CAE, CPE). I have a track record of aiding people getting the scores they need for their dreams.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English language for all the major Cambridge ESOL examinations, focusing on error correction, grammar accuracy and range, pronunciation, writing, reading speed and using vocabulary accurately and more confidently! if you need help with these then let me show you that you can pass these tests.
- PET (Preliminary English Test)
- FCE (First Certificate in English)
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English)
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- BEC - Preliminary, Vantage, Higher (Business English Certificate)
- General English (EFL/ESL) for students wishing to improve areas such as pronunciation to writing.
- UCAS application statements
- Personal statements for Master and PhD admissions, along with scholarship applications
- Interview skills
- EAP (English for Academic Purposes) - Report writing, note taking skills (lecture), reading and research techniques, presentation skills.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- - BA Hons (1st *) Architectural Design and Management.
- CELTA / DELTA
- PTLLS / DTLLS
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I'm a mature, experienced and professional teacher whose been teaching now for over 15 years extensively in the UK, Asia and also a few countries in Europe, classes ranging from 3 years old to those over 60, and subjects including general and business language, English for exams such as IELTS, FCE, CAE, and CPE, as well as English for specific purposes such as business, science, marketing and even design. If you'd like to know more about my teaching background then my CV is available here.
I started off as a teacher but then progressing to be a course director, a director of studies, a director of examinations for the BTCO in Asia, and a teacher trainer for those helping students with IELTS, FCE, CAE and CPE. I've written and published material for both general and academic usage, such as for IELTS writing student books, but based on my background, everything I do and every way I teach is all based on the perspective of the student and class - thinking about how best they learn and how to create an environment that fosters confidence and motivation.
From my own experience of learning foreign asian languages, I can understand how daunting it can sometimes be to learn to communicate confidently with a different language. When I teach, I always take the point of view of the student, and use their experiences and knowledge to help them achieve their goals, whatever they may be.
- How much do you charge?
- The first lesson is free!
- I'll send you some practice material to try.
- We'll meet, and discuss the results.
- I'll explain the areas you need help with, develop a study programme, and habits that will improve your English.
Charges for weekly classes
- £20.00 / hour for general English classes.
- £25.00 / hour for IELTS, FCE, CAE and CPE.
These are costs per hour, but if you book for:
- 5 lessons = 5%
- 10 lessons = 10%
- 20 lessons = 15%
Group lessons - want to study with a friend?
- 2 people - IELTS, FCE, CAE and CPE - £15.00/hour per person
- 3 people (or more) - IELTS, FCE, CAE and CPE - £10.00/hour per person
- 2 people - general English - £12.00/hour per person
- 3 people (or more) - general English - £8.00/hour per person
These prices are the same for face-to-face or online. They include all the material you need, and you'll be given full copies of all answers, extra practice material.
I can travel for classes, and the price for travelling depends on how many times you have class each week, and of course how far. It's best to ask and I'll do the best I can!
- Where do you teach?
- If you live within the Cambridge area (CB1 to CB5) then I can travel to your home, however, there are a number of warm, safe and convenient locations within Cambridge city centre that are also popular with my current students. Think about where's best for you to study, and where you feel most comfortable without too many distractions!
For business language classes, I can provide access to office space and other areas if needed for larger classes.
- When are you available?
- Monday to Friday : 0900~2000
Sundays: It's a holiday - rest and enjoy the day!
The same is true for both face-to-face and online classes.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From 14 years old up to older than me!
I've helped young adults, business professionals and specialists of all job areas.
Level: from Elementary up to Advanced. No experience of examination English is needed as I've helped people of every level for over 15 years now.
If you're just beginning to learn English, or want to improve upon your existing level, I can provide material that will push you to a higher level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an up-to-date CRB from my previous employer which is still valid and can be asked for if needed.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Online classes are delivered using all of the following:
- Skype - for video and voice
- Dropbox - for the sending of classroom and practice material to you
- Electronic online whiteboard (will work in any internet browser and needs no special knowledge)
Already, classes are being successfully delivered to students in Russia, Poland, Spain, France, Hungary, Japan, China, Taiwan, S.Korea. The classes are identical to those face-to-face, but with the difference that they're in your own home. A free demonstration can be given so that you can see if it's what you'd like to try. Just ask!
- Online tutoring is done via Skype (both video and voice) and other services - these classes need to organised and paid for a week in advance.
- For visual media, I use a number of online electronic "whiteboards" to help the student understand some of the concepts - it's a great way to teach online as both myself and the student can look and write at the same time. Worth a try and great for those who want to learn about IELTS, FCE, CAE or CPE.
- The resources needed for IELTS, FCE, CPE, and CAE classes will be sent to you at least 48 hours in advance for you to prepare, this will include any audio or video material that is relevant to the class. The same is true of other lessons when necessary.
- If the class needs to be cancelled, notice must be given at least 2 hours in advance.
- If there are clear technical problems then don't worry - the class can be rescheduled once these have been resolved. Online classes are arranged here using a very high quality fibre-optic connection to ensure there are no problems with communication or teaching.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Training and CPD (Continual Professional Development)
- Cambridge Regional College - Cambridge
- University of Cambridge Language Centre
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Right now I'm involved in a wide range of classes:
- A large majority of my students are getting ready for the IELTS exam for either an undergraduate or postgraduate course and these students come from all over the world, including Poland, Russia, Italy, Indonesia, Jordan, and China. What's more important is that some of these classes are held online and still work very effectively in teaching all parts of the English language.
- FCE and CAE classes - focused on students who want to enter university this September and also prepare for work in areas such as governments and NGOs. Some of these students are from places such as Slovakia, The Czech Republic, China, Japan, Italy and Spain.
- I'm working with Cambridge PhD students and helping them developing a much more precise vocabulary range, complex grammatical structures and also improving their presentation techniques for their final exams.
- Pronunciation classes with students from Nigeria, Slovakia, Bulgaria, and S.Korea. Some of those I help work with media corporations such as the BBC and are looking to alter the way they speak in public situations and in broadcasts.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Whether you want to study IELTS for entrance into university, or if you’d like something to show for all your hard work such as a certificate for FCE, CAE or CPE, then it’s important to choose the right teacher for you. From being inspired by great and sincere teachers myself, I can understand the challenge from the student’s point of view, and because of this, I have never let a student down or failed to give an answer which will help.
Although your goal may be very serious and important for the next step of your career or studies, I will make sure you succeed. Helping you to feel relaxed and enjoy the classes, helping you to feel you are making progress and giving you that confidence to listen, read, write and speak with greater accuracy and less pressure - no matter what you want, I will offer professional, accurate and honest advice to get you there.
Send a message to Andi
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more