Find UK Tuition
Online UKCAT Tutors / UKCAT Tuition
Read more about UKCAT
See below for Online UKCAT Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for UKCAT Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online UKCAT Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Mr.Kanesalingam||Ilford, Essex, IG3|
|Dr Martine Hooper||Chertsey/ Weybridge, KT16|
|Philip Bradfield||Dunfermline, Fife, KY12|
|Dr Parikh||Oxfordshire, OX1|
|Dr. Victor Bluett||Sutton, Surrey, SM2|
|Cathy Bear||London, SW1|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|P Godden||Ashford, Kent, TN24|
|Tom Haggerty||York, YO51|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for UKCAT
- Personal Message
- Hi, I'm Cathy. I'm a 5th year medical student studying at UCL. I am currently partaking in the clinical part of my medical degree having done an intercalated BSc in surgical sciences last year. I'm based in Westminster but willing to travel.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- 11+ and 13+ entrance exams
KS1 & KS2 maths and science
GCSE level art (guidance, knowledge and some technical help), physics, biology and maths
UKCAT and BMAT tutoring
ADD/ADHD & attention problems - I have ADHD myself so would be a much more understanding tutor and a better fit for any student with these difficulties.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I got 10A*s (maths, triple science, history, English language, French, German, art, ICT) and an A (in English literature) at GCSE. For A-level I got As in chemistry, maths and physics (and As in both biology and art at AS-level).
As previously mentioned, I am currently studying medicine at UCL and passed first to fourth years well, with good entry scores on UKCAT and BMAT entrance exams.
I also received a 2.2 for my iBSc in surgical sciences two years ago.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Firstly I have acted as a science prefect in my sixth form, which involved tutoring younger students, particularly those studying for their GCSEs in science and maths. My job was to help guide them through the subjects they found more challenging, and help go through papers with them.
Secondly in my second year studying at UCL I took part in a scheme called Sexpression, where I went into schools in the Hampstead area and taught years 8 and 9 sex education. This included covering the basics of contraception, common sexually transmitted diseases and general advice for the students, particularly to answer any concerns they had around the subject. This experience taught me good teaching skills and ways to communicate with younger people and get across sometimes complicated subjects using simple terms to help them understand their significance and make them interested in the subject.
Thirdly I worked with Twin, a transfer student company which looks after and teaches foreign students english and guides them round tourist sites in the South East. I acted as a guide and teacher to the students.
Finally I have tutored previously on the tutor pages and had good reviews from my students. I have taught AS level physics, GSCE maths, GCSE biology, UKCAT and BMAT to many different students with very positive results.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £20ph for GCSE level tutoring and £25ph for A-level/university entry tutoring. The difference accounting for the amount of preparation required for the subjects. I would be happy to do a free half an hour meet with the student/parents to discuss what you would like to cover in the sessions and of course, to see if you like me and think I am suitable to your requirements! I would not ask for travel payments within zones 1-2 of London, but beyond that I may consider it, depending on regularity.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to travel to a students house or to teach students at my flat in Westminster, whatever is easiest for you. I am also happy to do online teaching, for example over Skype if that is preferable, I would charge £5 less for that as it would require less time in total and no travel costs. I am happy to teach anywhere in London tube zones 1-2, including Westminster, Victoria, Pimlico, Kensington, Chelsea, Putney, Shepherd's Bush, Hampstead, Camden, Bloomsbury, Angel, Aldgate. Basically anywhere within zones 1-2. I would be willing to travel out further but I would require the cost of travel to be reimbursed.
My family home is in Kent (BR6) so I would also be happy to take tutoring jobs around that area too, including Orpington, Bromley, Sidcup, Croydon and more.
- When are you available?
- For tutoring in central London I will be available week days after 5.30pm other than Wednesdays which I am not available on as I have other extracurricular activities that take place on Wednesday afternoons. For tutoring in South East London/Kent I can do the weekends in the afternoons/evenings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to teach GCSE, AS and A level students, so students studying them will typically be 14-18 years old.
I also am happy to tutor those with reading, handwriting and concentration difficulties, so they may be any age from primary school to adulthood.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have a clear CRB check, it is mandatory to study medicine.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- As mentioned previously I am happy to do online tutoring, for example over Skype or answering questions after sessions via email. I have no specialist programmes for online tutoring however, it would simply be a long distance tutoring session.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I know it is difficult sometimes to accept help even if you are struggling with a subject and so I am here to act not only as a tutor but also as a friend. I am 21, so not much older than the students I will be teaching, and as it hasn't been long since I went through school myself, I hope to be able to relate to students on a personal level. I hope to guide them through the more difficult subjects and help them find interest in topics which they previously found boring, in order to get them excited about learning and achieving high grades. Also my experience with ADHD makes me a very understanding tutor for those with concentration problems.
I am kind and patient, with a sense of humour (something I definitely needed for my Sexpression work!) and finally I love working with young people so I do hope you will get in touch!
Send a message to Cathy Bear
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more