Find UK Tuition
Online UKCAT Tutors / UKCAT Tuition
Read more about UKCAT
See below for Online UKCAT Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for UKCAT Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online UKCAT Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Mr.Kanesalingam||Ilford, Essex, IG3|
|Dr Martine Hooper||Chertsey/ Weybridge, KT16|
|Philip Bradfield||Dunfermline, Fife, KY12|
|M S Rahman||London, N11|
|Dr Parikh||Oxfordshire, OX1|
|Elliot Travers||Reading, RG10|
|Patrick Jemmer||Swansea, SA2|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|P Godden||Ashford, Kent, TN24|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for UKCAT
- Personal Message
- Do you need some help with ... Subject-specific tuition? Study skills? University entrance? Essays? English language? Exam technique? Assignments? Homeworks? Reports? Projects? Proof-reading? Dissertations? Theses? Corporate training?
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I offer educational services at all leves (GCSE / A-Level / University Entrance / Undergraduate / Postgraduate). in a variety of subjects, for individuals or groups, at very reasonable rates.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Between 1988 and 1997 I was awarded a BA (Hons), CertPgSt and MA from Cambridge University and an MA from Oxford University (all in Natural Sciences); and a PhD from Birmingham University in Mathematical Chemistry. I then worked as a Research Fellow at the Universities of Oxford, Exeter, and Sussex. Between 1999 and 2011 he worked as a Senior Lecturer in Mathematics at Northumbria University in Newcastle, whilst simultaneously training in hypnotherapy and psychotherapy. I have carried out and published a considerable amount of research in mathematics and science. I am currently a "SURF" Fellow at Swansea University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have tutored privately since 1991, and have taught at the Universities of Birmingham, Cambridge, Exeter, Oxford, and Sussex, and from 1999 - 2011, was a Senior Lecturer at Northumbria University in Newcastle.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge from £20 to £35 per hour depending on the level.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home in Swansea.
- When are you available?
- I am very flexible in my availability, depending on students' requirements.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach from GCSE-level up to Postgraduate level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I was awarded an Enhanced CRB Certificate in 2011.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I have been elected Chartered Scientist (The Science Counci, CSci), European Physicist (European Physical Society, EurPhys), European Chemist (European Chemical Society, EurChem), Chartered Mathematician and Member of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (CMath MIMA), Chartered Physicist and Member of the Institute of Physics (CPhys MInstP), Chartered Chemist and Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (CChem MRSC), and Fellow of the Cambridge Philosophical Society.
I have further interests in language, linguistics, and philosophy, as Member of the Language Creation Society, Member of the Royal Institute of Philosophy, Member of the British Comparative Literature Association, Member of the Classical Association, Member of the Royal Society of Literature, Member of the Linguistics Association of Great Britain, Member of the Association Internationale de Linguistique Appliquée, Member of the British Association for Applied Linguistics, CertTEFL (Introductory), and Member of the Philological Society.
I am a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Arts (FRSA); and a Fellow of the Royal Anthropological Institute (FRAI).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have received special training in teaching and learning, in communication skills, and in aspects of psychology, all of which inform the ways I work with students / tutees / learners.
My approach is to work alongside learners with the aim of facilitating them to discover and develop their own most suitable strategies and techniques for achieving their goals.
These goals can be very diverse: to feel more confident, to boost grades, to improve general skills, to pass specific exams, to gain entry to Universities, to write better reports, or to master specific subjects or areas.
For me, “good learning” is not just about "passing the exam" but also about developing skills which are genuinely enriching to the individual, and useful throughout life. And, “good learning” does not have to be a “hard slog” – it can be “fun” whilst also achieving serious and lasting results.
My main drive is a huge personal curiosity and a desire to explore, develop, and express creativity; to expand my understanding and insight; and to help others to do the same and become full-rounded individuals who contribute to and enrich the lives of others and society in general.
I am very down-to-earth, friendly, open, and approachable. I always take into account the learner's age, experience, starting-level and needs, and am hard-working and adaptable in finding new and appropriate ways to get the required results for each individual.
I regularly ask for detailed feedback on my own performance as an educator, and on the students' experience as learners in order to fine-tune my activities to optimise outcomes.
I "do my homework" each week, too! I am also happy to be available (as appropriate) for brief telephone, e-mail, or e-conferencing consultations between face-to-face sessions to facilitate the learning experience.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Education is a great gift and can be a wonderful experience under the right conditions for teacher and learner.
I love expressing creativity through learning and understanding new things, and strive to excel in sharing my unique insights and in helping others to succeed in all their educational goals
Send a message to Patrick Jemmer
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more