Find UK Tuition
Online University Linguistics Tutors / University Linguistics Tuition
Read more about University Linguistics
See below for Online University Linguistics Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for University Linguistics Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online University Linguistics Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Diana P||Manchester, M33|
|K Heardman||Plymouth, PL9|
|Patrick Jemmer||Swansea, SA2|
|Bianca Bailey||Hither Green, SE13|
|Brian Pickering||Romsey, SO51|
|Cerasela E.||Chiswick, W4|
|Dr Seraphin||London, WC1H|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Linguistics
- Personal Message
- I am fully committed to supporting and enabling individuals in achieving their goals, whether they consist of learning a new skill or getting a degree, or simply bringing about a positive change.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English for Academic Purposes, Linguistics, Singing, violin and piano.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- MA Applied Linguistics PGCE BA Hons Music Diploma in NLP (MASC) Prof Diploma in Hynptherapy Dip CounsellingDUp Psychotherapy LEvel 4 Mental Health and Social Work
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 30 years experience of teaching English and Music across the ages; for much of this time I have had leadership posts, including two headships and a roe as a Quality Improvement Officer, preparing schools for HMI inspections and writing follow-through reports. More recently I have trained teachers on the BEd and PGCE courses at Plymouth University and taught English for Academic Purposes in Plymouth Business School, preparing overseas students for their Masters degrees, including MBA. I currently prepare candidates for IELTs and am an academic rater for Pearson.
- How much do you charge?
- All lessons cost £25 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in my own home in Wembury, Plymouth PL9.
- When are you available?
- I can teach at any time to suit the individual needs of clients.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- IELTs; BEd; PGCE; BA Hons English/Linguistics; KS2 SATs.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Applicants can pay for a lesson via Paypal or bank transfer and set up a video tutorial via Skype.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- ATL; NLPA
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I took music at Huddersfield University Music College and learnt violin with Herbert Whone and piano with Eileen Bass, plus singing with David Lennox. I took Linguistics at Masters at the University of Sheffield with Graham Nixon.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am preparing a medical Doctor from the Ukraine for IELTs 7 so that she can retake her exams to register with the GMC and practise as a doctor in England. I also have Chinese and Arabic students who regularly contact me for support with assignments, and some students come specifically for diction and pronunciation support. I also have violin and singing pupils at present; some are learning for fun as adults and some are preparing specifically for shows.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I work with the individual and tailor my approach to suit the learning style of the student. All of my students have reported finding me easy to communicate with, and a fun teacher who has made them feel at ease and made them feel empowered.
Send a message to K Heardman
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more