Find UK Tuition
Online University Linguistics Tutors / University Linguistics Tuition
Read more about University Linguistics
See below for Online University Linguistics Tutors by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for University Linguistics Tuition.
If you are a tutor looking for Online University Linguistics Tutor jobs then sign-up here.
|Dr Robin Wooldridge||Birmingham, B29|
|Natalia Kalenova||London, E14|
|Diana P||Manchester, M33|
|K Heardman||Plymouth, PL9|
|Patrick Jemmer||Swansea, SA2|
|Bianca Bailey||Hither Green, SE13|
|Diana Campos||Crystal Palace, SE20|
|Brian Pickering||Romsey, SO51|
|Cerasela E.||Chiswick, W4|
|Dr Seraphin||London, WC1H|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Linguistics
- Personal Message
- My whole aim with teaching is to make the experience as enjoyable and beneficial as possible. I am happy to stick to the constraints of examination preparation, but I find that it is a lot better to explore all and any aspects of language as they come up. Knowing those quirky facts or suddenly recognising what was strange about Christmas giftwrap in a French shop brings language alive, and with that, you'll get so much more out of learning than maybe you thought!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I am happy to teach and discuss all aspects of language and communication. I focus on foreign languages (German and French), with a particular interest in understanding these and other languages, but I also teach English at various levels. As well as individual languages, the cognitive processes associated with language processing are of special interest.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- My first degree was in Modern Languages from Oxford; my doctorate was in Psychoacoustics and Phonetics from Oxford.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have worked in the IT industry for many years, including many aspects of speech technology (recognition, synthesis and language understanding) and user-interface design and implementation. I have taught on a one-to-one basis and to small groups French, German and Swedish; I have also done one-off talks and seminars on the brain and language. I have a wide range of experience teaching linguistics and phonetics at undergraduate level.
- How much do you charge?
- For one-to-one tuition, I charge £20 pre-university and £25 for undergraduate level. For any associated travel, I tend to charge a flat fee. For groups up to 5 or 6, I charge £15 per person.
- Where do you teach?
- I usually teach from home in Winchester, but am prepared to travel within a 25-35 mile radius.
- When are you available?
- I am currently available Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays during the day. Evenings are possible by prior arrangement.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- 14 years and above.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Usually, I prepare a plan of work to enable the student to progress in their chosen path without specifically focusing on examinations. I have experience with the Cambridge ESOL certificate examinations, as well as the UK GCSE and A-Level boards.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a 2006 CRB, and there are a number of more recent checks in process.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- For basic online tutoring, I prepare presentation material for specific points, set and mark associated assignments. Contact is generally via eMail.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I have a passion for all aspects of language; I like to take what seems difficult and make it comprehensible and enjoyable. I am motivated by passing on the interest and enabling all to enjoy and explore languages with me and after.
Send a message to Brian Pickering
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more