Find UK Tuition
Online Violin Teachers / Violin Lessons
Read more about Violin
See below for Online Violin Teachers by clicking their names on the left hand side. You may also consider searching a specific postcode area for Violin Lessons.
If you are a tutor looking for Online Violin Teacher jobs then sign-up here.
|Harriette Platt||Birmingham, B19|
|Dunja Lavrova||Poole/ Dorset, BH15|
|Adam Phillips||Sussex Kent, BN21|
|Annika Gray||Cardiff, CF10|
|Andres Kaljuste||East Croydon, CR0|
|Sarah Moffatt||Croydon, CR0|
|Liviu Popescu||Dudley, DY1|
|Gundula Gruen||Hackney, E5|
|Alicia Garcia||London, E6|
|Miguel Rodriguez||East Ham, E6|
|MUSIC LESSONS - Naomi Burrell||London, E9|
|Rafael Bolivar||East London, E10|
|Mardyah Tucker||Walthamstow, E17|
|Sam Macadam||Edinburgh, EH6|
|Vivienne Liu||London, HA1|
|Helen Vulin||London, HA4|
|Peter Mallinson||Chesham, HP5|
|Angelika Stangl||Amersham, HP7|
|Peter Irlam||Formby, N Liverpool, L37|
|Denise Marleyn||Leighton Buzzard, LU7|
|Rhiannon James||Manchester, M14|
|Amy Welch||Manchester, M15|
|Paul Beckett||Maidstone, ME18|
|Charlotte Kerbegian||Islington, N1|
|Vanessa Gardiner||Crouch End, N8|
|Pablo Castro||Haringey, N10|
|Richard J A Jones||Muswell Hill, N10|
|Hannah-Rae Hampson||Central London, NW1|
|Irma Vastakaite||London, NW1|
|Akiko Ishikawa||Kilburn, London, NW2|
|Radhika de Saram||Hampstead, NW3|
|Simone Angela||Reading, RG7|
|Rebekah S Frost||Winnersh, RG41|
|Catriona Lightfoot||Catford, SE6|
|Damon Flanagan||greenwich,charlton, SE7|
|Gabor Somfai||Greenwich, London, SE10|
|Louise Gibbens||Greenwich, SE10|
|Rob Campkin||Greenwich, London, SE10|
|Liam Hindson||Upper Norwood, SE19|
|Rowan Bell||Crystal Palace, SE19|
|Sarah Harris||Gipsy Hill, SE19|
|Triona||South East London, SE23|
|Josie Goynes||Heaton Mersey, SK4|
|Edmund Reid||Sutton, SM1|
|Joshua Fayal Burke||Sutton, SM5|
|Stefano Matteucci||Wallington, Surrey, SM6|
|Miranda Wirz||Eccleshall, ST21|
|Julian Latham||Pimlico, SW1V|
|Ada Witczyk||London, SW7|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
|Natalie Cavey||Tooting/Balham, SW17|
|Hung-Yu Chen||Kensington, W2|
|H Mclatchie||London, W3|
|Michael Joel||London, W4|
|Maja||Central London, W8|
|Joana Valentinaviciute||London, W14|
|Michelle C Perry||Wolverhampton, WV6|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Violin
- Personal Message
- Inspiration is key, so it's important to learn the music that you want to play. Lessons are therefore tailored to suit each individual. My aim is to nurture, encourage and motivate. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing a student progress!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Piano, Violin and Music Theory.
Please read my availability at http://www.piano-and-violin-tuition-merseyside.co.uk/availability.htm
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA Joint Honours from the University of Liverpool.
ABRSM Grade 8 practical.
ABRSM Grade 5 theory.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have over 23 years experience of private music tuition. During this time I have taught over 350 students and currently teach over 70 a week.
My first piano lesson was in 1982 when I was 8 and violin lessons began very shortly after this.
I have performed with the Sefton, Warrington and Wirral Youth Orchestras and became principle violist of the Merseyside Youth Orchestra.
I have also been a guest member with the Crosby Symphony Orchestra, the Liverpool University Orchestra, the Sandringham String Quartet and many ad hoc charity functions.
I have worked in both primary and secondary schools and in 2011 I joined the organisation VRH (Volunteer Reading Help), a national charity, helping children who struggle with their reading to develop a love of reading and learning.
I think it's important that the experience I've gained as a performer and teacher over the years is passed onto my students directly. You can only truly provide insights, tips and alternative techniques when you've pioneered them yourself.
My students feel relaxed knowing that they have a plain talking teacher who can demystify the subject for them.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £12 per half hour for piano, violin and music theory. This includes travelling to my student's home. First lesson is a free trial lesson.
- Where do you teach?
- I do teach from home but most students prefer the convenience of home visits especially if it involves teaching larger groups.
It offers peace of mind in a safe and secure environment.
- When are you available?
- Private tuition is my full time job; it's all that I do.
I'm available mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends! I teach 6 days a week and I'm a full time tutor.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have taught from as young as two (yes, you read that correctly!) and up to those fortunate enough to reach their nineties.
I am particularly good with complete beginners and putting you at ease.
Re-starters are more than welcome as are the more seasoned veterans.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare my students for the ABRSM or Trinity examinations and I'm flexible over other qualifications, examination boards, festivals etc.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an Enhanced 'Disclosure' (I used to work for the Criminal Records Bureau who issue Disclosures!) although it is a little out of date.
However, a Disclosure is only legally required for 'unsupervised' access to vulnerable adults and children and must be requested through a Registered Body.
I would be more than willing to apply for a more up to date CRB should that be the case. When I worked at the CRB, we were instructed that a Disclosure is only really valid on the day of issue so seeing an 'up-to-date' Disclosure that is more than a day old is a bit of a moot point.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Online tuition is via Skype but I find that there's no real substitute for the one-to-one attention of offline? tuition. I'm sure that Skype is more suitable for other types of tuition however, such as TEFL etc...
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I studied at The University of Liverpool to attain my B.A Joint Hons degree. My musical career was under the supervision of Rob Shepley, Liz Varlow and Roger Benedict, all of whom were members of the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Company Directors/Business owners/Consultants.
Musical therapy to those recovering from surgical procedures and brain trauma.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Learning any musical instrument is a long term commitment and when expected results don't show up immediately it can be hard to keep going. Have patience and imagine where you'll be this time next year. Some of my students make remarkable progress on just ten minutes practice a day and stick at it year in, year out. Above all, have fun. If you're not, then it may be that you're not learning the music that motivates you to want to learn it. A change of strategy using different music, music that appeals to you, will usually get you back on track. Work hard and good luck!
Send a message to Peter Irlam
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more