Find UK Tuition
Piano Teachers / Piano Lessons in Edinburgh
Read more about Piano
Compare Piano Teachers in Edinburgh (Midlothian) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Piano Lessons from tutors who can travel to Edinburgh (Midlothian) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Piano Teacher jobs in the Edinburgh (Midlothian) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in EH postcode
|Lynne Bulmer||Edinburgh, EH9|
|Ginny Wilson||Edinburgh, EH16|
|Katrina Hadland||Midlothian, EH22|
|Holly Carter||North Berwick, EH39|
Tutors travelling to EH
|Kenny Letham||Edinburgh, Glasgow, KY12|
|Duncan Strachan||Maida Vale, London, W9|
|Damon Flanagan||greenwich,charlton, SE7|
|Tim Stein||North West London, N2|
|Stefano Matteucci||Wallington, Surrey, SM6|
|Clara Perez Sedano||London, NW10|
|Sarah Manship||Winchmore Hill, N13|
|Olga Stezhko||London, W11|
|Alberto Brigandì||London, N7|
|Ms Olga Jegunova||London, W2|
|Simon Gilkes||Paddington, W2|
|Luke Fraser||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Hara Kostogianni||Croydon, CR0|
|Harriet Stubbs||London, SW11|
|Kate Symonds-Joy||Ware, SG12|
|Daniel Friend||Yoxford, IP17|
|Richard J A Jones||Manchester, M20|
|Andrada Maria Brisc||Ealing, W3|
|Katarina Marcinger||South East London, SE4|
|Marco Marconi||Hitchin, SG4|
|Raymond Hearne||London, E11|
|Michael Joel||London, W4|
|Juan Rezzuto||West Kensington, W14|
|Mr. David P Wallace||Croydon, CR2|
|Duncan Strachan||Maida Vale, London, W9|
|Faith Taylor||London, E5|
|Assel||Westminster, London, NW8|
|Edgar Cardoso||Greenwich, London, SE10|
|Alejandro Bonatto||London, EC1Y|
|David Henry||Walthamstow, E17|
|Dunja Lavrova||Poole/ Dorset, BH15|
|Irma Vastakaite||London, NW1|
|Radhika de Saram||Hampstead, NW3|
|Ryoko Izutsu||Brockley, SE4|
|Stamatia Statherou||Canterbury, Kent, CT2|
|Steve Pringle||Blackheath, SE3|
|Natalie Cavey||Stoke Newington, E5|
|Eleanor Hudson||Macclesfield, SK11|
|Charlie Flint||Shoreditch, E2|
|Jemma Freestone||Southwark, SE5|
|Tom Harrison||London, SW8|
|Alexander Koshelev||Purfleet, Essex, RM19|
|Mikhail Shilyaev MusicAListers||South London, SW2|
|Alvaro G. Cortes||Charlton, SE7|
|Guido Mallardi||London, HA0|
|Jonathan Booty||Manchester, M20|
|Martin Rowberry||Sutton Coldfield, B75|
|Madelaine Clara Jones||Wandsworth, SW11|
|Andrew Johnston - Pianist||Greenwich, SE13|
|Emma Yates-Butler||York, YO31|
|Stephen Daltry||Mortlake, SW14|
|Mark Harrison||Manchester, BL4|
|Jamie Rock||Surrey Quays, SE8|
|Marta Bochenek||london, E7|
|Peter Irlam||Formby, N Liverpool, L37|
|James Williams||Hornchurch, Essex, RM13|
|Steven Dodsworth||Croydon, CR0|
|Andrew Connington||Teddington, TW11|
|Gina Lewis Watts||Hammersmith, W6|
|Harriette Platt||Brentwood, CM14|
|Jessica Eccleston||Manchester, M13|
|Christopher Poffley||Felixstowe, IP11|
|Miss Simone Wang||London, WC1|
|chloe chi||Queensgate, SW7|
|Katarina Đorđević||Harrow, Middlesex, HA3|
|Elliot Drew||Birmingham, B13|
|Ed Whitehead||London, N7|
|Andrew Kwan||Harrow, Pinner, HA5|
|Helen Nash||Fulham, SW6|
|Gavin Cranmer-Moralee||Sanderstead, CR2|
|nathanbritton||Greater London, KT8|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|Annette Beaumont Ellis||Chelsea, SW3|
|Stephanie Tepper||Hammersmith, SW13|
|Pauline Farren||Chester, CW6|
|Kate White||York, N. Yorkshire, YO10|
|Aron Rozsa||London, NW10|
|Liam H||Highgate, N London, N6|
|Dave J Ford||Perth, KY14|
|Peter Mallinson||Chesham, HP5|
|Eliot Darwin||Sheffield, S6|
|Hamish Mackay||London, N1|
|Matt Buswell||Chiswick, W3|
|Andrew Nesbitt||Manchester, M32|
|Colin Smith||Bristol, BS6|
|Lucy Gostwick||Oxford, OX1|
|David Dyson||Greenwich, SE10|
|Nina Zautashvili||Ealing, W13|
|Mr Aron Kingsford||Penzance, TR18|
|Emma Paton-Philip||East Grinstead, RH18|
|Rebecca Music||London, EC1|
|Sofya Fotiyadi||Orpington, BR6|
|Denise Marleyn||Leighton Buzzard, LU7|
|Sofia Sarmento||Birmingham, B3|
|Ian G||Croydon, CR2|
|Aizhana Nurkenova||London, NW6|
|Samuel Evans||Crystal Palace, SW20|
|Sam Woodford||West Kensington, W14|
|Matt Mockford||Cardiff, CF5|
|Bekki Gocher||Manchester, M3|
|Paul McBretney||Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18|
|Marianne Hardisty||South East London, SE13|
|Aaron Monteverde||Epsom, KT19|
|Natasha BA (Hons)||Peterborough, PE4|
|Thornton Tuition||Middlesbrough, TS8|
|Arlene Lin||North London, N1|
|Chris Hatton||Hackney, E5|
|Lewis Wright||Blackheath, SE3|
|Yvonne Clarke||Balham, SW12|
|Michelle C Perry||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Kate Abbott||Leeds, LS7|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Piano
- Personal Message
- I am a highly qualified instrumental teacher and performer, specialising in the flute and also with many years experience as a piano teacher.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach flute to diploma level, piano to ABRSM Grade 5 level and also offer music theory to ABRSM Grade 8 level. I have 100% success rates of tutoring ABSRM exams and am also happy to coach pupils in the practical component of their Standard Grade and Higher SQA exams.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I qualified with a BMus (Hons) from Sheffield University, having passed my ABRSM Grade 8 exams on flute and piano and also my Grade 8 theory (with distinction) as a teenager. I also have an MA in Music (Open University - with distinction) and achieved my Fellow of the Royal Schools of Music diploma (flute-performing) in 2004.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching flute privately and in schools (as a peripatetic woodwind teacher) for over 18 years. During that time, I have also been teaching piano and music theory privately. I am a freelance performer and play regularly (flute) in various orchestras and ensembles as well as giving occasional solo flute/piano recitals.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30p/h for flute lessons for beginners-Grade 5 level, £35 p/h for Grade 6-Diploma level; £15/£17.50 for half-hour lessons. I charge £28 p/h or £14 for half-hour lessons for piano and music theory. I offer an initial free 1/2 hour lesson in all 3 subjects.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my flat in the Edinburgh area or very occasionally in students' home in EH9 area if they are within short walking distance.
- When are you available?
- I teach throughout the week, during the day and early evenings. I do not usually teach at weekends but can give occasional lessons during school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach flute from final year(s) of primary school (if the child is physically suited/has a flute with a curved headjoint etc.) to any age - I teach flute from beginner to ABRSM diploma level.
I teach piano from age 5 upwards to ABRSM Grade 5 level, music theory from final primary school years upwards to Grade 8 level, although I always incorporate theory in all my lessons to some degree.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for ABRSM exams (flute to diploma level, piano to ABRSM Grade 5 level, theory to ABRSM Grade 8 level). I am also happy to help students prepare for their SQA practical exams at Standard Grade and Higher level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes (from 2012). I also have an NSPCC certificate in Child Protection Awareness (from 2011).
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a Fellow of the Royal Schools of Music and a member of the British Flute Society.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained for my BMus (Hons) at Sheffield University, with flute lessons from Paul Chapman (Opera North). Later I trained with Stina Bisengaliev (Opera North), Catherine O'Rourke (Highland Chamber Orchestra) and for over 10 years with David Nicholson (Scottish Chamber Orchestra, RSAMD tutor). More recently I have studied with Paul Edmund-Davies (London Symphony Orchestra, Philharmonia etc.), Alison Mitchell (Scottish Chamber Orchestra) and Joanna Shaw (Scottish Ballet). I have also participated in master-classes with William Bennett, Lorna McGhee and Katherine Bryan.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Among my current students are a 5 year-old beginner pianist who is learning for fun, an adult flautist returning to the flute at around Grade 6 level and a 17 year-old flautist studying for her Dip ABRSM performance diploma.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am a friendly and enthusiastic teacher and expect my pupils to work hard for me, even if they are not studying for a specific exam.
Send a message to Lynne Bulmer
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more