Find UK Tuition
Public Speaking Tutors / Public Speaking Tuition in Llandrindod Wells
Read more about Public Speaking
Compare Public Speaking Tutors in Llandrindod Wells (Radnorshire/ Brecknockshire/ Powys) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Public Speaking Tuition from tutors who can travel to Llandrindod Wells (Radnorshire/ Brecknockshire/ Powys) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Public Speaking Tutor jobs in the Llandrindod Wells (Radnorshire/ Brecknockshire/ Powys) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in LD postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
Tutors travelling to LD
|Debra Bertulis||Herefordshire, HR6|
|Andy Collins||Durham, DH7|
|Pam Williams||Clapham, London, SW9|
|Michael Park||New Malden, Surrey, KT3|
|Gabrielle Jourdan||North London, N1|
|Marie-Louise Goode||Birmingham, B74|
|Lindsey Pearson||Ealing, TW8|
|Susan Nataly Coombes||London and herts, EC2|
|Pauline Midwinter||Ashford, TN23|
|Lynn Edmonstone||London, W11|
|Mark Spillane||London, E4|
|Rachel Preece||Kensington, London, W14|
|Emily F Smith||Mayfair, London, W1|
|F Gordon-Smith||Wimbledon, SW19|
|Daniel Hart||London, NW5|
|Izo FitzRoy||London, N15|
|Rosalie Bolt||London, EC2|
|Tricia Etherton||Southend on Sea, SS9|
|Linda Walden||Tunbridge Wells, TN3|
|Anita Borge||London, W3|
|Debra Bertulis||Herefordshire, HR6|
|Melissa D'Arcy||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Joanna Gray||Bedford, MK42|
|Tess Seddon||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Harriet G||North West London, NW8|
|Julia Cawte||Bristol, BS7|
|Emma-Louise Tinniswood||Twickenham, TW1|
|Maureen Theaker||England, TF10|
|Nathan Williams||Halifax, HX1|
|James Gregory||Balsall Common, B93|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Public Speaking
- Personal Message
- My name is Debra Bertulis. I offer a wide range of classes from personal tuition and online tuition in speech making and preparing for a presentation, to graded examinations with UCAS points for adults and children. I also visit schools.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- 1. SPEECH AND DRAMA in acting/poetry/prose. I use LAMDA and the NEW ERA syllabus. Higher grades award UCAS points. 2. ELOCUTION for pupils of all key stages in schools to aid literacy. 3. PRESENTATION TECHNIQUE for students and professional employees. Help can be given to compose a speech or presentation as well as delivering to a professional standard. This also includes support to read a EULOGY, READING AT A FUNERAL or a WEDDING SPEECH/POEM. Sensitive, carefully planned sessions will help calm nerves and ensure effective and expressive delivery of a chosen reading. 4. SCHOOL VISITS. These are tailor made to each school's requirements and may include the following: POETRY READING WORKSHOPS: Reading poems which are either studied in class or favourite poetry. Pupils will be shown how to use appropriate facial and vocal expression in order to bring the words to life and maximise a clearer understanding of the text. POETRY ANALYSIS WORKSHOPS: These involve studying a poem by a chosen poet (often curriculum related). Emphasis is given to the meaning of the poem, and its rhythm and form. POETRY WRITING: Pupils are inspired to compose their own poetry, using a variety of fun and inspirational ideas. . FESTIVAL AND ASSEMBLY PREPARATION: Pupils are prepared for performing in public. Pupils are gently guided through the performance process, with the aim of reciting their chosen poem in public, using techniques such as good vocal and facial expression, relaxed posture and clear articulation. Amongst the many benefits, this unique experience builds confidence and self esteem.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I am a qualified Speech and Drama Teacher. I hold the Licentiate Teaching qualification awarded by the New Era Academy (Speech and Drama). I am also a teacher member of the Society of Teachers of Speech and Drama. The letters awarded after my name are: LNEA MSTSD
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught Speech and Drama for several years. I have prepared children for festival performances as well as for LAMDA and NEW ERA examinations. The higher grades carry UCAS points. I also work with many overseas students who wish to attain Spoken English awards by taking Spoken English examinations. Their awards are included in their University applications and employment CV. I have also worked with adults who wish to increase their employment potential by enhancing their presentation technique, whilst improving their articulation and vocal clarity. I have helped many nervous clients to develop techniques in order to convey a relaxed and professional outward persona. I also have experience with adults who are afraid of speech making. I help to improve confidence levels and reduce the effects of nerves. I also possess the skills to ensure the speech is concise and well written, that important points are included and that these are emphasised accordingly, in order to deliver to the appropriate maximum effect. I have tutored many children and seen confidence levels develop naturally, which has a natural impact on every aspect of life, both educational and social. I have prepared pupils from state schools for local festivals with a 100% success rate, with only half an hour tuition a week.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 per hour for individual adult lessons with 40 pence per mile travel expenses. Individual children's lessons are charged at £95 per term. Group lessons for children are £65 per term. These are payable in advance. School visits are charged at a fee of £45 per hour with 40 pence per mile travel expenses. Skype: Lessons are charged at £30 per hour. These fees adhere to private tuition guidelines.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my home in Herefordshire. I also travel to Worcestershire and Shropshire. I also teach using SKYPE. This is particularly useful for overseas clients or those unable to travel a long distance for tuition.
- When are you available?
- I am available from the hours of 9.30am until 3pm. Evenings and weekends by arrangement. When using SKYPE, individual time zones are always considered.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach children from the age of 5. Adults of any age.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare my students for New Era Academy and LAMDA examinations in Acting, Speech and Drama, and Spoken English to Gold Medal standard.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I tutor with SKYPE.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the STSD which is the Society of Teachers of Speech and Drama.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained with the New Era Academy (Speech and Drama).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students are pupils who are preparing for Examinations in Speech and Drama and Festival performances. These can be taken at ay time of the year. I also teach students from the age of 16 who are studying at International Schools and Colleges. These students wish to improve their English literacy and general spoken English, their vocabulary as well as enhancing their self confidence and presentation skills. The pass mark in higher grades of Speech and Drama Spoken English examinations will award UCAS points to each student, and improved presentation skills will also benefit their performance at interview, and future employment. The Spoken English awards will also reassure the Interviewer that the candidate has achieved competent skills in spoken English. I also have a number of clients who wish to further their confidence in speaking in public. Some clients come from a professional background, and some are mature students wishing to boost their confidence skills and general self esteem. I have two mature students at the moment who require support to read a EULOGY. The students are guided through the process of reading with sensitive expression, and are shown how to calm their nerves. Two of my other mature students have always wanted to hone their drama skills. They have no wish to take examinations and simply attend classes for personal experience.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My mantra has always been "Potential lies in every Individual". Everyone has the ability to improve their confidence and self esteem. I use drama and poetry to do this, as well as ensuring my lessons are relaxed and encouraging. It is never too late to gain more confidence, and even the very shy students I teach see a marked difference in their confidence after just a few classes. You will not only find my classes relaxed and fun, it is always my aim for you to leave me more inspired than before, and a little more confident each time. If you are a SCHOOL wishing to use my services, I can promise a constructive, well organised class which will be tailor made for your pupils, in liaison with relevant teachers. It is my aim for each child to take away something from the class that they did not know before. I will gently challenge in order to inspire, and continually evaluate progress. You may choose a poetry workshop which incorporates appropriate use of vocal and facial expression or elocution classes to improve literacy. As each class progresses, individual confidence levels increase, which will prove evident in both educational attainment and important social interactions.
Send a message to Debra Bertulis
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more