Find UK Tuition
Reading Tutors / Reading Tuition in South East London
Read more about Reading
Compare Reading Tutors in South East London (Greenwich/ Lambeth/ Lewisham/ Southwark) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Reading Tuition from tutors who can travel to South East London (Greenwich/ Lambeth/ Lewisham/ Southwark) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Reading Tutor jobs in the South East London (Greenwich/ Lambeth/ Lewisham/ Southwark) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in SE postcode
|Joe Atkinson||Borough, SE1|
|Sowmya||Waterloo, London, SE1|
|Bianca Bailey||Hither Green, SE13|
|Emilene||East Dulwich, SE22|
Nearby Tuition Centres
|MagiKats Dulwich||Dulwich, SE22|
Tutors travelling to SE
|Teresa Hoy||Croydon, CR2|
|Benjamin Maydon||Enfield, London, EN1|
|Jesus Islam||Turnpike Lane, N22|
|Jessica Whitehead||London, SW1|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Spiridiona Waltier||lambeth/wandsworth, SW2|
|Victoria Grigg||Lambeth, London, SW9|
|Rhys Merriman||South Kensington, SW11|
|Jane Emma||London, WC1A|
|Mary Kidson||Ledbury, HR8|
|Dorothy Greenald||Durham, TS29|
|Mrs P||Enfield, EN3|
|Pass Psychology||Stockport, SK2|
|Victoria Grigg||Lambeth, London, SW9|
|Kathryn Dalton||walsall, WS3|
|Natasha Chan||South Croydon, CR2|
|Gary Budden||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Mark Spillane||London, E4|
|Miranda Sadek||Eccleshall, ST21|
|Natalie Jeffers||Brighton, BN1|
|Sue Perkins||Camberley, Surrey, GU46|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Reading
- Personal Message
- I am a young, patient and enthusiastic tutor who loves teaching and sharing knowledge
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach 11+, English, Mathematics, Science and Reading Recovery.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a degree, a PGCE and a 'Reading Recovery' qualification.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching K.S.1, K.S.2 and 'Reading Recovery for 18 years.
- How much do you charge?
- Where do you teach?
- I usually teach at the pupil's house. I'm willing to travel a couple of miles, within the Greenwich area. I have taught in Bromley, Bexley and Greenwich.
- When are you available?
- Tuesdays from 2pm-6pm, holidays from 7AM to 6pm, Weekends from 7Am to 6pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Reading recovery is usually for 6 year olds, but the same techniques can be used for any age. I teach K.S.2 most of the time. Sometimes, I teach K.S.1.
I'm used to teaching various levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I teach various qualifications, from S.A.Ts and optional S.A.Ts to 11+, to Reading Recovery (The aim is a 21 month increase in 40 hours).
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have just received a new DBS.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the N.U.T
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My PGCE course was in Milton Keynes, at De Montfort Uni.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am teaching a range of hard working pupils. I am tutoring the 11+ with some of them.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My message is reading is key. A phonic approach to reading is only one technique of around 8 approaches. There is also techniques like pausing to reflect upon what the topic of the page is likely to be, re-reading the sentence from the beginning or from the last comma, locating a word within a word, using the picture cue, using what type of word it is likely to be and realising the book repeats itself. 'Reading Recovery' taught me to choose a book where 8% of words are tricky, and then to remain quiet, and allow the pupil's amazing mind, to work out the unknown word. A phonic approach can make the process of learning to read an unending puzzle, and slow the process down.
11+, Mathematics and any other part of education builds upon a fantastic reading age. Then, it is just a matter of practice, and past papers.
Send a message to Mr.Tyley
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more