Find UK Tuition
Rock/Pop Guitar Teachers / Rock/Pop Guitar Lessons in Gloucester
Read more about Rock/Pop Guitar
Compare Rock/Pop Guitar Teachers in Gloucester (Gloucestershire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Rock/Pop Guitar Lessons from tutors who can travel to Gloucester (Gloucestershire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Rock/Pop Guitar Teacher jobs in the Gloucester (Gloucestershire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in GL postcode
|Sorry no tutors found|
Tutors travelling to GL
|Mihaly Benko||Birmingham, B16|
|Dom Martin||London, N1|
|Nick Rasle||Bristol, BS5|
|Adam Purnell||Bristol - Hereford, BS31|
|Steven Llewellyn, Guitar tutor||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Mr Daniel Short MMus RAM||London, SE1|
|Daniel James||Colchester, CO4|
|Daniel Hart||London, W2|
|Alex Haines||Bethnal Green, E2|
|Tim Karp||Seven Sisters, N15|
|Alexander Glover||London, E2|
|Emilio Saev||WINDSOR, SL4|
|Marco Cirillo||North West Lodnon, NW67|
|Alex Pidgen||London, SE6|
|George Karpasitis||Wandsworth, SE17|
|Lee Batten||Highbury,, N5|
|Tom Fleming||London, NW1|
|Andrew Finlayson||Nottingham, NG17|
|Dave J Ford||Perth, KY14|
|Josh Geffin||East Dulwich, London, SE22|
|Phil Hodge||Tonbridge, TN9|
|Mihaly Benko||Birmingham, B16|
|Ian Mayes||Chichester, PO19|
|Manuel Contreras||London, N20|
|Antonis Mikelis||London, N9|
|Joshua Fayal Burke||Sutton, SM5|
|Huw V Williams||London, NW2|
|Thomas Kay||Seven Sisters, N15|
|Tom Gamble||London, SE3|
|Greg Sanders||Dalston, E8|
|Tom Halpenny||Kensel Rise, W10|
|12 String David||Congleton, CW12|
|Dan Ezard||London, W4|
|Mr Paul Reay BA||Liverpool, L17|
|Leo Crossfield||Peterborough, PE26|
|Cian O'Brien BMus (Honours)||Ealing, W5|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Rock/Pop Guitar
- Personal Message
- "...the knowledge of this Art [...] is easilie to be obtayned by him that is in this sort conditioned. Firts, if he [...] have that naturall desire towards Musicke." - John Baptisto Besardo (1610)
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach classical guitar and lute from beginner to advanced. Although I am trained as a classical musician, I can also teach pop/rock music. I also teach musicianship and theory.
I uploaded a video of a little piece by Giovanni Zamboni where you can listen the sound of an Archlute. This is a rarely played, almost 6.5 feet long Baroque instrument with long bass strings.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA (Hons) from the University of Debrecen, Hungary and a PgDip from the Birmingham Conservatoire specialising in Early Music, Lute/Archlute.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- As a teacher I have 9 years experience in teaching classical guitar in music services and privately. I am familiar with both ABRSM and Trinity-Guildhall exam boards and the Kodály Method. I am applying Costas Cotsiolis’s and Julio S.Sagreras’s playing technique, when teaching.
I have a wealth of experience as a soloist and chamber musician having performed in Hungary, Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Czech Republic and Cyprus, both as guitarist and lutenist, and cooperated on several recordings as session musician. I had the opportunity to play in the Guitar Orchestra of the University of Debrecen, Hungary, with whom we had two successful tours in Cyprus in 2006 and 2008.
Since 2009 I have tried to broaden my experience and knowledge in the field of Early Music performance practices. In 2012 I got admission to the Lute/Theorbo course of the Birmingham Conservatoire and I won the Corton Hyde Early Music Scholarship. Under the guidance of Elizabeth Pallett, I received a Postgraduate Diploma in Instrumental Performance.
In 2012 I became a member of K’antu Ensemble, with whom we play medieval and renaissance music. Recent venues have included Symphony Hall, King's Place, Cadogan Hall's Culford Room and St Martin-in-the-Fields. We have also performed as In Tune's house band during Radio 3's residency at the Southbank Centre.
Besides K’antu Ensemble, Mihály has played with Apollo Baroque Consort and the recently founded Hieronymous Ensemble.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £20 per hour and £10 per 30 minutes.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home in Edgbaston, or I can travel to student's places for an extra charge if necessary
- When are you available?
- I am available to teach every weekday and weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I am familiar with both ABRSM and Trinity-Guildhall exam boards and the Kodály Method.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have an up-to-date DBS Certificate.