Find UK Tuition
Rock/Pop Guitar Teachers / Rock/Pop Guitar Lessons in Oxford
Read more about Rock/Pop Guitar
Compare Rock/Pop Guitar Teachers in Oxford (Oxfordshire/ Oxon/ Berkshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Rock/Pop Guitar Lessons from tutors who can travel to Oxford (Oxfordshire/ Oxon/ Berkshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Rock/Pop Guitar Teacher jobs in the Oxford (Oxfordshire/ Oxon/ Berkshire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors travelling to OX
|Sorry no tutors found|
|David Dove||Congleton, CW12|
|Marco Cirillo||North West Lodnon, NW67|
|Cian O'Brien BMus (Honours)||Ealing, W5|
|Leo Crossfield||Peterborough, PE26|
|Juan Carlos Arenas, MMus||Ingatestone, CM40|
|Joshua Fayal Burke||Sutton, SM5|
|Phil Hodge||Tonbridge, TN9|
|Mr Daniel Short MMus RAM||London, SE1|
|Nicholas Schlesinger||Acton, West London, W3|
|Josh Geffin||Clapton, E5|
|Tom Gamble||London, SE3|
|Dave J Ford||Perth, KY14|
|Dom Martin||London, N1|
|Adam Purnell||Bristol - Hereford, BS31|
|Steven Llewellyn, Guitar tutor||Stoke Newington, N16|
|Joshua Davenport||Camberwell/Dulwich, SE5|
|Emilio Saev||WINDSOR, SL4|
|Antonis Mikelis||London, N9|
|Thomas Kay||Seven Sisters, N15|
|Daniel Hart||London, W2|
|Mr Paul Reay BA||Liverpool, L17|
|Stefan Joubert||City of London, EC2|
|Andrew Finlayson||Nottingham, NG17|
|Tom Fleming||London, NW1|
|Tom Halpenny||Kensel Rise, W10|
|Dan Ezard||London, W4|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Rock/Pop Guitar
- Personal Message
- Whether you've been playing for a while and are a bit stuck, or whether you're picking up a guitar (or bass) or learning piano for the first time, my lessons are just what you're looking for. I'll even teach you music theory in a non-scary way.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Guitar (electric and acoustic), Bass and Piano. I teach most styles; rock, pop, folk, jazz, fingerstyle, slide, etc. The piano I teach is not so much about the grades (although I can teach them up to grade 4), but more about rock and pop piano; learning songs, chord theory, that kind of thing. I also carry out repair and maintenance to guitars and basses.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have Grades 1-5 in piano of The Associated Board cerificates in theory and practical.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have over 30 years experience as a gigging and recording musician and 17 years experience as a tutor.
- How much do you charge?
- My rate is £20 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home in the Headington Quarry area of Oxford.
- When are you available?
- I teach Monday to Thursday including school holidays until 7pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- The youngest age I teach is 16. There is no upper limit.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- No. I don't teach children under the age of 16.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to the Musicians Union.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students range in age from 16-60 and are learning many styles of music.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Tuition is in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Lessons are tailored to each student's individual requirements and preferences with the emphasis on learning songs or pieces which contain a technique that is beneficial to the student. I place great importance on developing the student's musical ear as well as their playing ability.