Find UK Tuition
Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutors / Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tuition in Bournemouth
Read more about Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Compare Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutors in Bournemouth (Dorset/ Hampshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tuition from tutors who can travel to Bournemouth (Dorset/ Hampshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutor jobs in the Bournemouth (Dorset/ Hampshire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in BH postcode
|Cathy Silman||Poole, Dorset, BH14|
|Mrs Janet House||Corfe Mullen, BH21|
|Tara Reeves||Christchurch, BH23|
Tutors travelling to BH
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Jim Cooney||Swansea, SA2|
|Pass Psychology||Stockport, SK2|
|Natalie Jeffers||Brighton, BN1|
|Sue Perkins||Camberley, Surrey, GU46|
|Kristina Symons||Eltham, SE9|
|Doug||Thames Ditton, KT7|
|Maria Tsoumaki||South West London, SW17|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Janet Eifridt||Redhill Reigate, RH1|
|Jacqueline Anderson||Birmingham, B42|
|Loren Reeve||Ludlow, SY7|
|Lucy Arrowsmith||Aberdeen, AB15|
|Gabrielle Robinson||Worthing, BN11|
|Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor||London, NW3|
|Hellen Frost||Canterbury, Kent, CT6|
|Pete Goodland||Sheffield SYorks, S4|
|David Evans||Kenley, Croydon, CR8|
|Master Learning UK||Diss, Norfolk, IP22|
|Mary Kidson||Ledbury, HR8|
|Silvina83||Faversham, Kent, ME13|
|Rebecca Felton||London, SW4|
|Michelle C Perry||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Emily Forster||East London, E3|
|Janette Sedgebeer||London, SE26|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Personal Message
- I am a fully qualified and experienced teacher and specialist teacher and assessor of learners with specific learning difficulties (SpLD), in particular, Dyslexia.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- For dyslexic learners of primary and secondary age, I am experienced in planning and teaching a 1:1 personalised programme that includes multi-sensory methods of learning in order to develop strategies for learning that can be transferred into the school context.
I teach many subjects for primary aged pupils, as I am primary trained but I am also able to give English and Maths support to older learners in addition to the development of study and research skills.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- • BA (Hons) in Linguistics with Education and Community Development
• Postgraduate Certificate of Education
• PG Dip SpLD (but currently working towards MSc SpLD by working on my dissertation)
• Associate Member of the British Dyslexia Association (AMBDA)
• Member of the Professional Association of Teachers of Students with Specific Learning Difficulties (PATOSS)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Since leaving the world of work 15 years ago to complete my degree and train to teach, I have not looked back. I have been a teacher for eight years. I have taught at Primary level (ages 5-11), mainly with Years 5 and 6. Until recently, I taught at a Middle School, teaching years 5, 6, 7 and 8 (age 9-13). Throughout my teaching career, I have taught learners with specific learning difficulties (dyslexia, dyspraxia, Asperger’s, autism, ADHD). Now a specialist, I am able to put my experience and knowledge to good use in supporting individuals with specific learning difficulties via tutoring sessions.
- How much do you charge?
- Tutoring for literacy and/or maths: Key Stage 1 & Key Stage 2: £20
Key Stage 3: £22
Specialist tutoring for dyslexic learners: £25
The fee includes the planning and preparation of lessons, any resources that are needed and tutoring for an hour.
- Where do you teach?
- Currently, I travel to students' homes. I am happy to travel to Christchurch, Bournemouth, Poole and some areas of the New Forest.
- When are you available?
- For 1:1 tutoring:
• Monday - Friday: no slots currently available
• Saturday mornings: available mid morning.
• School holidays.
For assessments, I will make a mutually convenient appointment
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I predominantly teach primary school pupils - aged 5-11 but will also tutor KS3 pupils up to age 14.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a recent enhanced DBS check which was done in January 2014.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- PATOSS (The professional association of teachers of students with specific learning difficulties)
AMBDA (Associate Member of the British Dyslexia Association)
- Where and with whom did you train?
- • BA (Hons) in Linguistics with Education and Community Development. University of East London
• Postgraduate Certificate of Education: University of Southampton
• PG Dip SpLD: University of Southampton
• Dyslexia Specialist Teacher: I have APC (Approved Practitioner Status) awarded in 2013
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Everyone has the ability and capacity to achieve their potential and be a success. I can help and support you to do this.
Send a message to Tara Reeves
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more