Find UK Tuition
Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutors / Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tuition in Bournemouth
Read more about Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Compare Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutors in Bournemouth (Dorset/ Hampshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tuition from tutors who can travel to Bournemouth (Dorset/ Hampshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutor jobs in the Bournemouth (Dorset/ Hampshire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in BH postcode
|Susannah Groome||Bournemouth, BH4|
|Cathy Silman||Poole, Dorset, BH14|
|Mrs Janet House||Corfe Mullen, BH21|
|Tara Reeves||Christchurch, BH23|
Tutors travelling to BH
|Sorry no tutors found|
|Jim Cooney||Swansea, SA2|
|MEMOONA (MSc)||WEMBLEY PARK, NW9|
|Janet Eifridt||Redhill Reigate, RH1|
|Sara Sewell||Rugby, CV22|
|Jacqueline Anderson||Birmingham, B42|
|Trish Almlof||Wimbledon, SW20|
|Pass Psychology||Stockport, SK2|
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Joanne Bicknell||Southend-On -Sea, SS1|
|Silvina83||Faversham, Kent, ME13|
|Dyslexia Success||Milton Keynes, MK6|
|David Evans||Kenley, Croydon, CR8|
|Sue Perkins||Camberley, Surrey, GU46|
|Gabrielle Robinson||Worthing, BN11|
|Michelle C Perry||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Becky||Exeter, Devon, EX2|
|Loren Reeve||Ludlow, SY7|
|Doug||Thames Ditton, KT7|
|Janette Sedgebeer||London, SE26|
|Master Learning UK||Diss, Norfolk, IP22|
|Hellen Frost||Canterbury, Kent, CT6|
|Rebecca Felton||London, SW4|
|Natalie Jeffers||Brighton, BN1|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Personal Message
- Is your child struggling to "make the grade" at school? We have some wonderful computer programs that are colourful, fun, curriculum linked and very effective! Our teaching techniques engage the most reluctant pupils.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I offer tuition in the following subjects: Touch-typing, Handwriting, Spelling, Reading, Maths, English, Phonics and some Science. Some of my pupils will need help with posture, balance and co-ordination in order to access 'learning' more effectively. I teach children how to learn! My husband teaches Maths! :-) There is a subtle difference. :-)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- National Nursery Examination Board Cert Senior Experienced Nursery Nurse Cert Christian Life College Diploma in Pastoral and Biblical Studies Further and Adult Education Cert in Child Care and Education Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia) Cert Trainer Touch-type, Read and Spell National Institute of Physiological Phsychology Cert (Developmental Delay) Qualified Screener HANDLE Institute (Holistic Approach to NeroDevelopmental Learning Efficiency) Lapsed Individualised Auditory Stimulation (Johansen Sound Therapy) still in training. Now Lapsed Member National Handwriting Association
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been Home Tutoring for 16 years. I have taught a huge variety of children and adults with very varying needs. I have developed my own handwriting program which also meets the needs of dyspraxic children. Local headteachers have approved it. Most of our other work is computer based, curriculum linked, colourful and FUN! Younger children will generally do a variety of subjects during their hour. Handwriting, spelling, typing, maths, phonics and 'Move to Learn' activities can all be introduced, according to need. When the children have reached a certain standard in learning, my husband will then teach Maths at GCSE level - with some success!
- How much do you charge?
- The cost per student per hour is currently £26.00. This is on a one to one basis. Reductions of up to £5.00 per hour can be made for siblings sharing a lesson. I do not charge any extra for materials, certificates etc. Payment is made for a minimum of 12 weeks per term. There are no refunds for missed lessons. However, I will always endeavour to fit your child into a spare slot to make up missed lessons in the case of illness, or deep snow, or my absence!
- Where do you teach?
- We have have a dedicated room in our own home that is well equipped to meet the needs of my special pupils. Corfe Mullen, Poole, Broadstone, Canford Heath, Wimborne, Creekmoor, Canford Heath, Sturminster Marshall, Lytchett MInster, Lytchett Matravers, Upton etc, are all withing easy reach, by car.
- When are you available?
- We teach during our local school's term time. Hours are mostly from 3.30 - 4.30, 4.30 - 5.30, and 5.30 - 6.30 every afternoon, Monday to Friday. Exeptions can be made if necessary. Adults may prefer later sessions or daytime sessions.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am qualified to teach from toddler to adult, however I prefer teaching from 5 years to 16 years. I usually teach children who are not reaching their full potential. Some are 'gifted' but might be functioning at 'special needs' level! The programs that we use are curriculum linked, relevant and age/ability appropriate. I cover KS 1,2,3. My husband will teach Maths KS 3 and 4 to GCSE level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- We both have a recent (2007) Enhanced Disclosure CRB certificate.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- As above. Also The National Handwriting Association
- Where and with whom did you train?
- All in the UK.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I was asked, 16 years ago, by a parent, to please help her little boy. He was failing badly in school and his behaviour was deteriorating. I had taught him gymnastics when he was younger and his Mum said I was the only one who could do anything with him! Somehow we managed to teach him to touch-type and modified his behaviour, a little. I was SO frustrated by my lack of expertise and understanding that I went back to college to find out more! My current pupils and their parents say that the first thing they notice is that their children's confidence seems to grow in leaps and bounds.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- The crumpled face, drooping shoulders and guilty, angry comment of "I can't do it!" will soon be replaced with a confident smile and, "I haven't done it - yet - because I haven't been taught it - yet! so I soon will be able to do it!" In a few weeks time you will also be saying, "Hey, look at me, I CAN do it!"
Send a message to Mrs Janet House
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more