Find UK Tuition
Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutors / Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tuition in South West London
Read more about Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Compare Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutors in South West London (Hammersmith & Fulham/ Lambeth/ Merton/ Wandsworth) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tuition from tutors who can travel to South West London (Hammersmith & Fulham/ Lambeth/ Merton/ Wandsworth) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutor jobs in the South West London (Hammersmith & Fulham/ Lambeth/ Merton/ Wandsworth) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in SW postcode
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Spiridiona Waltier||lambeth/wandsworth, SW2|
|Rebecca Felton||Clapham, London, SW4|
|Rhys Merriman||South Kensington, SW11|
|Maria Tsoumaki||South West London, SW17|
Tutors travelling to SW
|Joe Atkinson||Borough, SE1|
|Mrs Johnson||Sutton, SM6|
|Marie Paisley||London, W1|
|Jane Emma||London, WC1A|
|Janet Eifridt||Redhill Reigate, RH1|
|Alexandra Lejeune||Swanage, BH19|
|Becky||Exeter, Devon, EX4|
|Marie Paisley||London, W1|
|Jacqueline Anderson||Birmingham, B42|
|Pete Goodland||Sheffield SYorks, S4|
|Doug||Thames Ditton, KT7|
|Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor||London, NW3|
|R Joanne||Leeds, LS17|
|Hellen Frost||Canterbury, Kent, CT6|
|Sue Perkins||Camberley, Surrey, GU46|
|Pass Psychology||Stockport, SK2|
|Gabrielle Robinson||Orpington, Kent, BR6|
|Janette Sedgebeer||London, SE26|
|Marie E Paisley||Cambridge, CB1|
|Kristina Symons||Eltham, SE9|
|Mary Kidson||Ledbury, HR8|
|Wendy Smith||Ealing, W13|
|David Evans||Kenley, Croydon, CR8|
|Jim Cooney||Swansea, SA2|
|Silvina83||Faversham, Kent, ME13|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Personal Message
- I have been teaching secondary for 25 years, tutoring for 22. I am a progressive dyslexia teacher, I encourage the pupil to gain better marks by setting a challenge to their ability, then taking them through it so that they become more confident.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Elocution, English, Maths, Science, Geography, Psychology, PE and History A Level, GCSE and Key stage 3. I can also accommodate special needs children including dyslexic, and regularly teach these students. I can also teach younger children and adults. I also run resident EFL courses in the summer holidays.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I trained as a medical doctor in London having already gained degrees in Biology and History (Honours). I am a teacher who has recently taken exams to train adults as well as children. I am currently studying for my Masters in Psychology of Education which is extremely interesting and used in my teaching and may go on to take a "Phd in that field.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I currently have 26 years experience in the teaching of children with 24 years experience with Autistic and Dyslexic children. I have 24 years experience in the private tuition field and have run my company Top Marks Tuition Ltd for the last 10 years. I have over 100 testimonials ready to be viewed.
- How much do you charge?
- For more than 1 child in a family I take 10% off the fees and I can give 10% off for fees of 10 sessions or more that are paid in advance or termly. Also for cash as there are no visa fees to pay. I do take visa and mastercard and other credit cards. However there is a 3.75% charge on these levied by the bank but I do not take cheques.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach in my office at my home in Dorking Surrey or in my apartment in London Victoria, or I can come to the students home for tuition.
- When are you available?
- I am available most days but I do get very booked from September to July so please enquire.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and levels but tend to take children from 11+ exams through to A levels. Please enquire.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Degrees, A levels, GCSE's, Sats and Common Entrance Exams. EFL exams. Also interviews.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I can supply a current up to date CRB. Now renewed for April 2012 and with a 3 year validity.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have regular contact with children and adults all over the United Kingdom by internet in order to enhance their academic qualifications. I use skype for this or can download any other form of internet communication used by the student. I do feel that it is best to have the student with you in order to ensure they understand the subject well.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- My company is Top Marks Tuition Ltd (www.topmarkstuition.co.uk). I belong to the Association of Professional Tutors.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Due to the nature of my business teaching children I would rather talk to individual clients about former students needs and requirements whilst keeping data protection issues in mind. I can say that my students range from 5 year old to 30. Some have special needs and others are university students so the spectrum is wide.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I have seen many students who thought that they would never achieve their academic goals go on to gain good marks at university. Sometimes a little one to one tuition is all that is required to enhance their skills to a stage that allows them to feel more confident in their abilities. I make the tuition suit the students individual needs, methodically in a way that is easiest for the student. This allows the student to feel more confident, focused and motivated.
Send a message to Viv
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more