Find UK Tuition
Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutors / Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tuition in South West London
Read more about Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Compare Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutors in South West London (Hammersmith & Fulham/ Lambeth/ Merton/ Wandsworth) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tuition from tutors who can travel to South West London (Hammersmith & Fulham/ Lambeth/ Merton/ Wandsworth) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutor jobs in the South West London (Hammersmith & Fulham/ Lambeth/ Merton/ Wandsworth) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in SW postcode
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Rebecca Felton||London, SW4|
|Sarah Francis||Putney, SW15|
|Stuart Riddle||Southwest London, SW15|
|Laura Turner||Streatham, SW16|
|Maria Tsoumaki||South West London, SW17|
|Trish Almlof||Wimbledon, SW20|
Tutors travelling to SW
|Milly Herner||Teddington, KT8|
|Rhys Merriman||Muswell Hill, N10|
|Joe Atkinson||Borough, SE1|
|Soren Evinson||Southwark, London, SE22|
|Jane Emma||London, WC1A|
|Janet Eifridt||Redhill Reigate, RH1|
|Silvina83||Faversham, Kent, ME13|
|David Evans||Kenley, Croydon, CR8|
|Michelle C Perry||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Jacqueline Anderson||Birmingham, B42|
|Natalie Jeffers||Brighton, BN1|
|Pass Psychology||Stockport, SK2|
|Master Learning UK||Diss, Norfolk, IP22|
|Dyslexia Success||Milton Keynes, MK6|
|Sue Perkins||Camberley, Surrey, GU46|
|Jim Cooney||Swansea, SA2|
|Gabrielle Robinson||Worthing, BN11|
|Loren Reeve||Ludlow, SY7|
|Becky||Exeter, Devon, EX2|
|Hellen Frost||Canterbury, Kent, CT6|
|MEMOONA (MSc)||WEMBLEY PARK, NW9|
|Janette Sedgebeer||London, SE26|
|Joanne Bicknell||Southend-On -Sea, SS1|
|Sara Sewell||Rugby, CV22|
|Doug||Thames Ditton, KT7|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Personal Message
- Not another boring tutor !!
I'm a mother of three teenage sons with extensive science, maths and ASD / SEN experience. I'm mainly focussed on coaching for the eleven plus as well as maths (to GCSE) and SEN (literacy, behaviour and strategies).
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I consider myself a Teacher of Things and Expander of Minds. :-)
I'm a maths and science all-rounder with extensive computing experience to boot. I teach maths up to GCSE as well as covering the QTS numeracy skills tests (which I have sat myself) as well as all sciences through Key Stage 3. I am particularly skilled at working with SEN kids from nursery through GCSE.
I currently focussing on tutoring kids for the 11+ as I find I absolutely adore verbal and non-verbal reasoning work. They're all puzzles to me and therefore fun, and I seem to have remarkably good luck in convincing my students of the same. I'm currently researching and refining ways to build the skills required for the 11+ without spending excessive amounts of time trawling paper after paper. My background is in research (I have an MRes) and I'm working on strategies to equip kids with the skills required to do the 11+ via alternative means to the usual practice papers. I use practice papers to continually assess progress but work on skills through games, puzzles, electronic media and other clever tricks. I make work for the 11+ fun as much of the time as humanly possible.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- - I have A levels in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and AS levels in Discrete Maths and Electronics.
- I achieved a 1st in my BEng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (specialising in Medical Physics) from UCL in 2004.
- I also have an MRes in Modelling Complex Biological Systems, also from UCL in 2005.
- I am not a qualified teacher but completed 1/2 of a Secondary Physics PGCE at the IoE prior to leaving for family reasons.
- I have specialised in working with special needs children since 2007, working at Blossom House SpLD School for four years before moving to work as a behaviour specialist in mainstream in 2012. I received extensive specialist training in working with SEN, and ASD in particular, during my time at Blossom House.
- I completed the first year of a Biochemistry degree at King's College London before falling pregnant with my eldest son.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I've been tutoring for over ten years now and thoroughly enjoy it. I have the patience of a saint and am particularly good at working with girls and those who think they hate maths. I love nothing more than to take a student who thinks they "can't do maths" and prove them wrong. I find that a lot of students find maths "scary" or "ugly". I'm all about building strategies and boosting confidence, and I don't mind explaining something a hundred times in as many different ways if that's what it takes.
I get a huge buzz taking a student from terror in the face of unintelligible squiggles through to "oh, that was easy!!" And you know what, with the right help it almost always is. :-)
I'm a bit off the wall, definitely eccentric, but I have a knack for making maths fun and infinitely do-able. I will find a way to make my student laugh. I will find a way to make the student see I'm right, maths isn't so different from puzzles. I teach the skills to take questions apart, so they aren't so ugly and scary. I boost confidence and get results.
- How much do you charge?
- Key stage 1 - £25 per hour
Key stages 2 and 3 - £30 per hour
11+, GCSE, SEN and QTS Numeracy Skills tests - £35 per hour
Travel costs are only 30p a mile as I'm a cyclist.
I'm willing to discuss group lessons and discounts on advance bookings.
I'm a reasonable woman - talk to me.
- Where do you teach?
- I'm willing to travel within a roughly 10 mile radius of Wimbledon Chase (SW20)
e.g. Wimbledon, Kingston, Hammersmith, Fulham, Putney, Barnes, Clapham, Balham, Sutton, Tooting, Wandsworth, Croydon, Teddington, Surbiton, Epsom, Ewell, Kew, Merton Park, Morden...
- When are you available?
- I am currently available full time - term time, holiday time, weekends, in and out of school hours
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have experience working professionally with kids from age three up to and including A level. I also work with adults who struggle with maths and/or are preparing to sit the QTS Numeracy Skills test.
I am as comfortable with a three year old autistic working on one-to-one correspondence and basic maths skills as I am with an 18 year old struggling with trig. I really enjoy kids - all kids - and I love maths and science. Pretty well any combination works for me.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am just finding my feet in the area of online tutoring. Please contact me with your needs and we can discuss how I can meet them.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I underwent extensive training in SEN during my four years at Blossom House School (http://www.blossomhouseschool.co.uk/).
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Maths is fun. So are verbal and non-verbal reasoning. No one ever believes me at first, but they usually will grudgingly concede I'm right by the time we're finished.