Find UK Tuition
Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutors / Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tuition in South West London
Read more about Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Compare Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutors in South West London (Hammersmith & Fulham/ Lambeth/ Merton/ Wandsworth) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tuition from tutors who can travel to South West London (Hammersmith & Fulham/ Lambeth/ Merton/ Wandsworth) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Special Educational Needs (SEN) Tutor jobs in the South West London (Hammersmith & Fulham/ Lambeth/ Merton/ Wandsworth) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in SW postcode
|Viv||Victoria & Dorking, SW1|
|Spiridiona Waltier||lambeth/wandsworth, SW2|
|Rebecca Felton||London, SW4|
|Sarah Francis||Putney, SW15|
|Maria Tsoumaki||South West London, SW17|
|Lucy Arrowsmith||Aberdeen, AB15|
|Natalie Jeffers||Brighton, BN1|
|Janette Sedgebeer||London, SE26|
|Jim Cooney||Swansea, SA2|
|Pete Goodland||Sheffield SYorks, S4|
|Janet Eifridt||Redhill Reigate, RH1|
|Mary Kidson||Ledbury, HR8|
|Sue Perkins||Camberley, Surrey, GU46|
|David Evans||Kenley, Croydon, CR8|
|Loren Reeve||Ludlow, SY7|
|Jacqueline Anderson||Birmingham, B42|
|Master Learning UK||Diss, Norfolk, IP22|
|Silvina83||Faversham, Kent, ME13|
|Kristina Symons||Eltham, SE9|
|Emily Forster||East London, E3|
|Pass Psychology||Stockport, SK2|
|Hellen Frost||Canterbury, Kent, CT6|
|Wendy Smith||Ealing, W13|
|Michelle C Perry||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|Doug||Thames Ditton, KT7|
|Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor||London, NW3|
|Gabrielle Robinson||Worthing, BN11|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Personal Message
- I have been teaching secondary for 25 years, tutoring for 22. I am a progressive dyslexia teacher, I encourage the pupil to gain better marks by setting a challenge to their ability, then taking them through it so that they become more confident.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Elocution, English, Reading Recovery, Rapid Writing Skills, Maths, Science, Geography, Psychology, PE and History A Level, GCSE and Key stage 3. I can also accommodate special needs children including dyslexic, and regularly teach these students. I can also teach younger children and adults. I also run resident EFL courses in the summer holidays.
Please be aware that my one to one rate is currently £65 per hour. The £25 per hour is for internet classroom tuition.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I trained as a medical doctor in London having already gained degrees in Biology and History (Honours). Then going on to train as a teacher of adults as well as children. Recently I have taken a masters in Psychology leading to the Rapid recovery system teaching for Reading and writing. This teaches non readers and writers to develop their reading and writing to a high standard within 12 weeks on a course held at Westminster, Harley St in London and Dorking in Surrey. I also run rapid recovery classes for Math and spellings.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I currently have 26 years experience in the teaching of children with 24 years experience with Autistic and Dyslexic children. I have 24 years experience in the private tuition field and have run my company Top Marks Tuition Ltd for the last 10 years. I have over 100 testimonials ready to be viewed.
- How much do you charge?
- Please be aware that my prices start at £10 phr for classes of 25 taking place over the internet in a dedicated classroom software package, the link is sent to you directly to enter. These classes are at a time set by me and will already be taking place with students registered throughout the year. They are interactive and usually have up to 10 participants but may have only 2 or 3. The price of £25 per hour is for internet teaching of a limited numbers of students which is usually 2/3. These are more flexible for the timing slot being decided by the student. These are the most popular option for tuition. I take visa, mastercard and other credit cards for your convenience, however I do not take cheques.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach in my office at my home in Dorking Surrey or in my apartment in London Victoria, or I can come to the students home for tuition. I also have a base in Harley St for Dyslexia assessments and Scotopic Sensitivity testing.
- When are you available?
- I am available most days but I do get very booked from September to July so please enquire.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and levels but tend to take children from 11+ exams through to A levels. I also teach medical and dental students. Please enquire.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Degrees, A levels, GCSE's, Sats and Common Entrance Exams. EFL exams. Also interview preparation.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I can supply a current up to date CRB. Now renewed for April 2012 and with a 3 year validity.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have regular contact with children and adults all over the United Kingdom by internet in order to enhance their academic qualifications. I use a software specifically for this use with a whiteboard, media player and separate class rooms for group work of internet students. I can use skype for this or can download any other form of internet communication used by the student however I find these a less effective or clear form of communication. I
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- My company is Top Marks Tuition Ltd (www.topmarkstuition.co.uk). I belong to the Association of Professional Tutors.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained with the Institute of Education in Bloomsbury London, Bart and the London Medical school (University of London) and Kingston University (University of London).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Due to the nature of my business teaching children I would rather talk to individual clients about former students needs and requirements whilst keeping data protection issues in mind. I can say that my students currently range from 5 years old to 30 years old. Some have special needs and others are university students so the spectrum is wide.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I have seen many students who thought that they would never achieve their academic goals go on to gain good marks at university. Sometimes a little one to one tuition is all that is required to enhance their skills to a stage that allows them to feel more confident in their abilities. I make the tuition suit the students individual needs, methodically in a way that is easiest for the student. This allows the student to feel more confident, focused and motivated.
Send a message to Viv
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more