Find UK Tuition
Violin Teachers / Violin Lessons in Bath
Read more about Violin
Compare Violin Teachers in Bath (Somerset/ Wiltshire) postcode areas by clicking their names on the left hand side. To widen your search, consider Violin Lessons from tutors who can travel to Bath (Somerset/ Wiltshire) or from a tutor who teaches online.
If you are a tutor looking for Violin Teacher jobs in the Bath (Somerset/ Wiltshire) area then sign-up here.
Tutors in BA postcode
|Michelle Falcon||Bath, BA2|
Tutors travelling to BA
|Alexander Taylor||Bristol, BS1|
|Rebekah S Frost||Sindlesham, RG41|
|Peter Irlam||Formby, N Liverpool, L37|
|JUAN CARMONA||Greenwich, SE10|
|Kylie Nesbit||London, E15|
|Faith Taylor||London, E5|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Richmond, SW14|
|Tabea Sitte LRAM||Knightsbridge, SW1X|
|Liviu Popescu||Dudley, DY1|
|Gundula Gruen||Kenton/Harrow, HA3|
|Michelle C Gibson||Wolverhampton, WV6|
|John Dipper||Wandsworth, SW18|
|Stefano Matteucci||Wallington, Surrey, SM6|
|Angelika Stangl||Amersham, HP7|
|Adam Phillips||Sussex Kent, BN21|
|Emile Junge||London, W11|
|Ben Harrison||Hither Green, SE12|
|Dunja Lavrova||Poole/ Dorset, BH15|
|Helen Vulin||London, HA4|
|Katarina Đorđević||Harrow, Middlesex, HA3|
|Jordan Bowron||Blackheath, SE10|
|Sarah Moffatt||Croydon, CR0|
|Triona||South East London, SE23|
|Edmund Reid||Sutton, SM1|
|Michael Joel||London, W4|
|Mr. David P Wallace||Croydon, CR2|
|Jacob Lang||London, NW1|
|Tamara Elias||London, SW3|
|Amy Welch||Manchester, M20|
|Vanessa Gardiner||Crouch End, N8|
|Ada Witczyk||London, SW19|
|Sam Macadam||Glasgow, G12|
|Natalie Watson||London, NW10|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Violin
- Personal Message
- At whatever level you wish to learn, my teaching style ensures a balance of sound technique, musical learning and above all nurtures a sense of enjoyment in the art of music making.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Violin, Viola and Music Theory to advanced levels.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I studied at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama in Cardiff from which I gained a Postgraduate Diploma in Performance. I also have the Certificate of Teaching from the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (CTABRSM). My undergraduate studies took place at Bath Spa University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am a professional musician with a wealth of experience in performing and teaching. I established my private teaching practice in 1992 and I have taught pupils from the ages of 5 - 70 years old. My former pupils have successfully gained entrance to UK Music Colleges. My career has encompassed teaching, coaching string ensembles, playing string quartets and chamber music, giving solo recitals on violin and viola and freelancing with orchestras across the UK and abroad.
- How much do you charge?
- My fees are generally £30 per hour, though a discount is available for students under the age of 18 who block book lessons a term at a time. The fee for discounted lessons booked in 12 week blocks is £26 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my home near Bath and my students generally come from Bath & Bristol and the surrounding counties of Avon, Somerset and Wiltshire. Home visits to South Bath (Combe Down, Odd Down, Oldfield Park, Bear Flat, Whiteway etc) are possible by arrangement.
- When are you available?
- As a freelance musician, my timetable of availability is varied. I generally have fixed teaching slots available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I have after-school slots available as well as daytime availability. I will teach during the school holidays if required. Coaching of ensembles can be arranged at a time to suit.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach from beginners up to conservatoire standard and any age from 5 years upwards.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I have full enhanced CRB clearance.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of ESTA (European String Teachers Association) and the ISM (Incorporated Society of Musicians) Private Teachers Register. This ensures continual updates to my professional development and adherence to an ethical code of practice.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My teachers have included Joan Schmeising (formerly of Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra), Richard White, Julia Bishop (Red Priest), Lucy Gould (of the Gould Piano Trio), John Stein (former leader of Welsh National Opera) and Martin Humbey (Academy of St Martin in the Fields & English Chamber Orchestra). I graduated as a mature student from the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama with a Postgraduate Diploma in Performance in July 2009 and I continue to study with Martin Humbey on viola and John Stein on violin.
Send a message to Michelle Falcon
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more