Online Ukulele Teachers / Ukulele Lessons
- Antonis Mikelis Edmonton, N9
- Peter Elliot Bushey, WD23
- Dave J Ford Almond, KY14
- Jack Lowe Central Sheffield, S11
- Ridgestone Guitar Tuition Rochester, ME1
- Ceri Williams Romsey, CB1
- Juan Carlos Arenas, MMus Ingatestone, CM40
- Joshua Davenport Peckham, SE5
- Rob Guitar Forest Gate, E7
- Tom Clegg Ilkley, LS29
- Cian O'Brien BMus (Honours) Ealing Broadway, W5
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Ukulele
- Personal Message
- If you're thinking of learning flute, ukulele or recorder I would love to hear from you! I am an enthusiastic teacher and tailor lessons to your individual needs as well as introducing you to new music and ideas.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Online lessons can be arranged via skype.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Flute (any ability)
Music Theory (to grade 5)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA music with first class honours from the University of York
- What kind of experience do you have?
- During study at the University of York I was involved in educational projects with the National Centre for Early Music, Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain and the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment. I then worked for the Love Music Trust in Cheshire East delivering whole class instrumental tuition. I have also had many private pupils, led ukulele groups and flute choirs for both adults and children and run special needs music workshops. As well as teaching, I am also training to be a music therapist.
- How much do you charge?
- Standard lesson is 30 mins at £12
- Where do you teach?
- I am a mobile teacher in Cambridge City Centre and suburbs.
- When are you available?
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All abilities welcome! All you need is a willingness to learn.
For young children I teach fife rather than flute to avoid problems with posture, it is also a cheaper way to test out the instrument before progressing to the concert flute. I am able to support those with learning difficulties or additional needs.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- The main aim of my lessons is that students enjoy playing the instrument. However I am happy to help those who find exams a useful motivation prepare for trinity or ABRSM exams on flute or recorder and my students have a 100% pass-rate.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes (most recent Feb 2014)
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- ISM, Soundsense, British Flute Society.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- After being inspired by attending a workshop with James Galway as a child, I studied flute with Elizabeth Rotherham and then attended the University of York and studied flute with Edwina Smith. I also studied world music with Dr. Neil Sorrell and community music with Bruce Cole. I have attended 3 British flute events and taken part in workshops with many famous flute-players Ian Clarke, Trevor Wye and Gareth Davies.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have students from age 5 to retirement age, people who've never played an instruments and people who've returned to playing after a long time.