Online University Chemistry Tutors / University Chemistry Tuition
|Dr. C. Boes||Bosworth, NN6|
|M S Rahman||Palmers Green, N11|
|Hellen Frost||Greenhill, CT6|
|Dr M A Choudhry||Hammersmith, W6|
|John J Newman||Letchworth Garden City, SG6|
|Dr Sandip||Walderslade, ME5|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Chemistry
- Personal Message
- I have worked as a Senior Research Scientist for GSK for more than 30 years. Since my early retirement in 2009, I have been tutoring full time and have coached many GCSE and AS/A level students improving their grades by at least two levels.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can do online tutoring through SKYPE which I do successfully.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach general chemistry at all levels (eg. GCSE, AS/A level) and Organic Chemistry at University level as Organic Chemistry is my specialist subject at post graduate level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- My qualifications are:
B.Sc. (Hons) in Chemistry - First Class - University of Madurai, India.
B.Sc. in Mathematics - University of Madurai, India.
M.Sc. (Research) in Organic Chemistry - University of Manchester, UK.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have several years of experience in tutoring students of various levels (GCSE, AS/A) from various boards (AQA, Edexel, OCR Chem A, OCR Salters and IB). Since my retirement, this has been fulll time.
- How much do you charge?
- My fee:
GCSE: £20 per hour.
AS/A: £25 per hour.
University: £30 per hour
Please add £5 per hour for a home visit within 10 mile radius. Home visits are usually taken as 2hr sessions.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach at home or visit the student's home (subject to travel conditions).
I live in Letchworth in Hertfordshire.
I am willing to travel any distance provided my travel time and fuel cost are met.
- When are you available?
- I am available most times subject to other bookings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all age groups although my current students are GCSE and AS/A and degree level students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, AS/A and degree levels.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. I have an enhanced CRB available on request.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students are doing GCSE and AS/A level from OCR Chem A, OCR Salters, Edexel, AQA and IB boards. Some of my students have had their re-sits and achieved their potential grades - an improvement by two grades usually.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My message for students would be to get a sound understanding of the fundamentals and as a result are able to link up and see the overall picture of chemistry. Most students make the mistake of segmenting but chemistry must be understood wholly!
Secondly, I would advise students to take a little bit of time in reading and understanding the question(s) carefully before attempting to answer them and that way they can answer exactly what has been asked for!
Send a message to John J Newman
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more