Online University Classical Studies Tutors / University Classical Studies Tuition
- Rachel Friend Golders Green, NW11
- Keith Wilmot Kings Norton, B31
- T Blaukopf Hendon, NW4
- Atticus Cox Imperial Wharf, SW10
- David Pope Abingdon, OX14
- Ed Martineau Farringdon, WC2
- Jessica White Balham, SW12
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Domenico Gioffré West Brompton, SW6
- Tim Strauss Preston Park, BN1
- Déborah Natanson Southside, EH8
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Classical Studies
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am equipped to teach English (language and/or literature) and other languages on-line.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English language (including English as a foreign language) and/or literature; French, German, Italian, Spanish and their literatures; and the classical languages Latin, Greek and Hebrew. I also teach Music - theory, history and/or appreciation - and piano-playing.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have an upper-2nd-class B.A. in English and American Literature and French from the University of Kent at Canterbury, an M.A. in English Literature from the University of Sussex, a Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages from Trinity College, London, and the Advanced Certificate in Pianoforte from the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have many years' experience of both classroom and one-to-one teaching.
- How much do you charge?
- My basic rate is £20 per hour for an individual adult or £15 for a child (up to and including the age of 16) or a member of a group. If I have to travel, I will charge an additional £5 per lesson. By mutual agreement, we may meet first for a consultation, for which I would charge £5 for an individual adult or child or for a whole group.
- Where do you teach?
- I am prepared to travel within the Brighton-Hove area, but do not drive. Otherwise, I give lessons at my home, which is conveniently situated in central Brighton, just off Preston Circus and round the corner from London Road station.
- When are you available?
- I can generally teach any evening from about 5 p.m. onwards with no seasonal variations, except, as a rule, on Tuesdays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach any age and level from the beginning of secondary school upwards.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am patient and good-humoured, as well as intellectually stimulating, and will do my best for you.
Send a message to Tim Strauss
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more