University Entrance Coaching
|Robin Thornton BMus(Hons) ATCL||Banchory, AB31|
|Maddy Iqbal||Sopwell, AL1|
|Keith Wilmot||Kings Norton, B31|
|Tim Strauss||Preston Park, BN1|
|Carrie Garbow||East Saltdean, BN2|
|Naz Sekerkiran||Rottingdean, BN2|
|Perpetua Neo||Wish, BN3|
|Evie Bentley||Bolney, BN6|
|Kate McCarthy||St. Mary's, BN43|
|B Westerman||Grove Park, BR1|
|Dr Paul Kilkenny||Bromley, BR1|
|Gloria Toplis||Beckenham, BR3|
|Chloe Masterton||Lockleaze, BS2|
|Expert Music Theatre Coaching||Hundon, CO10|
|Fred Scott||Shirley, CR0|
|Sheena Natasha Chan||South Croydon, CR2|
|Rachel Hasthorpe||Foleshill, CV7|
|Dr Stephen Oxley||Shirland, DE55|
|Colin Beveridge||Westham, DT4|
|Nasheed Qamar Faruqi||Haggerston, E2|
|Chloe Bradshaw||Mile End, E3|
|Mark Spillane||Waltham Abbey, E4|
|James Henshaw||Stratford, E15|
|Becca Marriott||Beckton, E16|
|Chris Heaven||Pennsylvania, EX4|
|Jack Renninson||Exeter, EX4|
|Aspire Academy||Upton St. Leonards, GL3|
|Dr Sue||Stroud, GL5|
|Kathy Davies||Randwick, GL6|
|Sandra Burne||Cheltenham, GL51|
|Jim Simons||Cheltenham, GL52|
|Adriana||Central Guildford, GU1|
|Kevin Boyle||Central Guildford, GU1|
|Jo Anne Newson||Kingfield, GU22|
|Jeel Shah||Wembley Central, HA0|
|Dr. Wasim Akber||Rayners Lane, HA2|
|Joshua Tutor||Greenhill, HA2|
|Chance2Learn||Sutton Walls, HR1|
|Dr Anna Watson||Avenue, HU5|
|Ben Hanson||Halifax, HX5|
|Stefan Gugura||Ipswich, IP4|
|Zangmo Alexander||Barningham, IP22|
|JN1||Coombe Wood, KT1|
|Dr Gansham Halai||Thames Ditton, KT7|
|Stephen Price||Leatherhead, KT22|
|Philip Bradfield||Dunfermline, KY12|
|I. Gardner||Sefton Park, L17|
|John Sharpe||Horncastle, LN9|
|Stephanie Bain||Fallowfield, M16|
|Christine Hubbard||Rochester, ME1|
|Linda Penney||Sharnbrook, MK43|
|Alexander Winter||St. Pancras, N1|
|Hywel Nelson||Shoreditch, N1|
|Josephine Breese||Highbury, N1|
|Tom Menzies||Barnsbury, N1|
|James Drew-Edwards||East Finchley, N2|
|Dr Richard Williams||Harringay, N4|
|Hannah Knight||Harringay, N4|
|Will Cartwright-Harwood||Highbury, N4|
|Louise R||Crouch End, N6|
|Aileen Bintliff||Crouch End, N8|
|Emma Murray||Crouch End, N8|
|Hannah Moss||Crouch End, N8|
|Owen Leech||Crouch End, N8|
|Max Churcher||Alexandra Palace, N11|
|Helen Duff||Clapton, N16|
|Emily Bliss||Kentish Town, N19|
|Social Work Tutor||Jesmond, NE1|
|Andrea Holland||Central Norwich, NR1|
|Basit Kirmani, MA (Cambridge)||Camden Town, NW1|
|Howard Taylor||St. Pancras, NW1|
|T Blaukopf||Hendon, NW4|
|Mrs. Sonia Jallane||Swiss Cottage, NW8|
|Daniela Gottardello||Hampstead Garden Sub, NW11|
|Rachel Friend||Golders Green, NW11|
|Dr Steve Chapman||North, OX2|
|Dr S V O'Leary||Wallingford, OX10|
|David Pope||Abingdon, OX14|
|Richard Batty CTABRSM||Ramsey, PE26|
|Dr Gordon Braddock||Emsworth, PO10|
|Mary Mathai||East Grinstead, RH19|
|Don Nicolson||Eckington, S21|
|Timothy Walker||Linacre, S40|
|London Art Portfolio||Kennington, SE1|
|Tom Secretan||London Bridge, SE1|
|May Robertson||Blackheath, SE3|
|Ryoko Izutsu||Brockley, SE4|
|Joan Iyiola||Brixton, SE5|
|Bianca Bailey Wilson||Brockley, SE13|
|Sam Jenkins||Lewisham, SE13|
|Dr Alexandra Klaushofer||Crystal Palace, SE19|
|Sofia Ruge||Sydenham Hill, SE22|
|Corrina Connor||East Dulwich, SE24|
|Thomas Yarrow||Tulse Hill, SE24|
|Sophie Gledhill||Sydenham, SE26|
|Michael Steele||Knebworth, SG3|
|Daniel Joy||Ware, SG12|
|Pass Psychology||Offerton, SK2|
|Greg Buchanan||Wallington, SM6|
|Nick Collier||Enham Alamein, SP11|
|Katrina Durber||Westminster, SW1P|
|Anthony Friend||Brixton, SW2|
|Emilce Sandra Rees||Chelsea, SW3|
|Emma K L Taylor RCA SuperTutor||Chelsea, SW3|
|Esmee CSM||Sloane Square, SW3|
|Anna Kaznowska||Clapham Common, SW4|
|Rebecca Felton||Balham, SW4|
|Natasha Tiwari||Fulham, SW6|
|Dr Peter Cheevers||Wandsworth Common, SW11|
|Stuart Riddle||Putney, SW15|
|Dr Abbie Davies||Furzedown, SW16|
|Mark the Tutor||Streatham, SW16|
|Abdur-Rahman Chachia||Balham, SW17|
|Amelia Grandidier||Balham, SW17|
|Martin Richards||South Wimbledon, SW19|
|Dominic Sewell||Raynes Park, SW20|
|Nicholas Shaddick||New Romney, TN28|
|Dr Andrew Levick||Hampton, TW12|
|Emma-Louise Tinniswood||Sunbury-on-Thames, TW16|
|Helen McMahon BA Hons||West Drayton, UB7|
|Nick Scott Jones||Uxbridge, UB8|
|Chris Battle BSc PGCE||West End, W1G|
|J Preece||Ravenscourt Park, W4|
|Stathis Stefanidis, Director||Turnham Green, W4|
|Stas Pstrokonski||Ealing Broadway, W5|
|Susan Hamlyn||Ealing Common, W5|
|Lynn Foote||Ealing Broadway, W11|
|Stephen Follows||Holland Park, W14|
|Mayur Shah||Clerkenwell, WC1N|
|Sudeep Ghosh, PhD||Oxhey, WD19|
|Tom Haggerty||Boroughbridge, YO51|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.
- Personal Message
- Learning is not just about working hard, it's more to do with learning effectively.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- University level (for undergraduates and postgraduates): Mathematics, Advanced Mathematics, Analytical Methods, Mechatronics, Power Engineering and Heat, Programmable Systems, Solid Body Mechanics (Statics + Dynamics), Internal Combustion Engines, Aerodynamics (for Ground and Airborne Vehicles), Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics.
Advanced level (AS and A2) and IB: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 2014 Feb: PhD in Engineering (Expertise: High-fidelity Numerical Simulations)
2009 June: BEng Aerospace Engineering: First Class Honours (Ranked No 1; Top Engineering Graduate of the Year).
2006 May - GCE A/L: Mathematics (A Grade), Further Mathematics (A Grade), Physics (A Grade), Chemistry (A Grade).
2004 May - GCE O/L: Mathematics (A Grade), Physics (A Grade), Chemistry (A Grade), Biology (A Grade), Human Biology (A Grade), Pure Mathematics (A Grade) & English (A Grade).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- At present, I work as a Senior Teaching Associate in Mechatronics at a leading UK University. However, I have been working as a private/personal tutor for the past nine years, helping students at three main levels: A-levels, Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels. I also offer part-time lectures on Thermofluids (Thermodynamics + Fluid Dynamics), Aerodynamics, Solid Body Mechanics (Statics + Dynamics) and Mathematics at Universities.
I have also published some academic journal papers, for example:
(1) Upscaling and its application in numerical simulation of long-term CO2 storage (2012). Akber Hassan, W. A. & Jiang, X. Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology. 2, 6, p. 408–418 11 p.
(2) Modelling and monitoring of geological carbon storage : a perspective on cross-validation (2013). Jiang, X, Akber Hassan, W. A. & Gluyas, J. Applied Energy, Vol. 112, p. 784-792.
- How much do you charge?
- There will be an additional £40/hour for a group of 2 students and an additional £50/hour for a group of 3 or more students.*
*I do not teach more than 4 students at a time to ensure high individual attention.
- Where do you teach?
- At my place of stay in Harrow, Brunel University (Uxbridge), and at students' homes.
- When are you available?
- I am available to tutor throughout the week (weekdays+weekends) from early morning to late evening (however, lessons will be held at mutually convenient times).
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach students of various ages and levels - ranging from A-levels up to Postgraduate level (MSc. and PhD).
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Bachelors, Masters and PhD in a variety of academic disciplines (e.g. Mechanical / Aerospace / Automotive / Civil Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Finance etc.)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- No, I do not hold an up-to-date DBS. However, this is not a legal requirement for tutors. Still, the contact details of my past/current students will be offered as reference if requested.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Yes, I offer online tuition. At present, I am using SKYPE to help students based at UK universities (outside London) and other prestigious universities worldwide (e.g. Spain, Italy and USA).
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Associate Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
Associate Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have too many students at various ages/levels to mention (I'd rather not sell their names here). However, these students have been very happy to work with me. The majority (about 80%) of my students have attained 'A' grade in subjects which I have helped them with. The rest have attained 'B' and 'C' (minority) grades. There have not been any grades lower than a 'C' ever since I have been a tutor. I think this is a phenomenal record and I have been working hard to keep this standard of teaching at its highest level.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Student life is the easiest, enjoyable and most important part of modern life. So enjoy, be focused and keep working easy but effective!
Send a message to Dr. Wasim Akber
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more