Online University Music Tutors / University Music Tuition
See Also: Music; A-level Music; A-level Music Technology; Chamber Music; Early Years Music; GCSE Music; Higher Music; Key Stage 3 Music; Music Production; Music Technology; Music Workshops; Musicianship; National 4/5 Music; Special Needs Music;
- B Westerman Grove Park, BR1
- Gareth Pr Aylesbury, HP19
- Alex Jeffery Putney, SW15
- Dr Stephen Oxley Shirland, DE55
- Katarina Đorđević Kenton, HA3
- Gregory Emfietzis Mortlake and Barnes, SW14
- Stewart Wilson Central Glasgow, G31
- Ed Whitehead Holloway, N7
- Dr Geoffrey Govier Knightsbridge, SW7
- Aizhana Nurkenova St John's Wood, NW6
- Marianne Tyler Brown Gordon Hill, EN2
- Mari Carmen Redland, BS6
- Edgar Cardoso Blackheath, SE10
- Lindsay Carter Cotham, BS8
- Firat Altay Harringay, N4
- J Preece Ravenscourt Park, W4
- Anthony Friend Brixton, SW2
- Duncan Morrell Nidd Valley, HG3
- Gloria Toplis Beckenham, BR3
- Nick Scott Jones Uxbridge, UB8
- Dominic Sewell Raynes Park, SW20
- Sally Bridgewater Armley, LS12
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Music
- Personal Message
- I offer calm, effective and challenging lessons by adapting to the needs of each individual student, no matter his/her age and level!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have the required equipment to offer online tutoring.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Violin / Chamber Music
Music Theory / Aural Skills
Composition / Harmony / Counterpoint
Early years/Junior Musianship
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA - Music Science & Art (University of Macedonia, Greece)
MA - Music (University of Huddersfield)
PhD - Composition (Brunel University, London)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have long experience of teaching (privately and in schools/music institutions/universities) violin, music theory, composition and music technology at different levels (beginners to advanced) in both the UK and Greece. I am currently working as Guest Lecturer at Roehampton and Brunel Universities, and also at the YMC Hampstead (composer in residence, junior musicianship, orchestra conductor) and the St Gabriel's College (violin/string orch).
- How much do you charge?
- £35 per hour
£30 for 45 minutes
- Where do you teach?
- I teach either from home in East Sheen or I can travel to students (the commuting distance might affect the charge).
- When are you available?
- Preferably weekdays (mornings & afternoons)
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages and levels
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM / Trinity Grades
College / University preparation
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Incorporated Society of Musicians
Greek Composers Union
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- As a child, I have been trained with the Kodaly and Orff methods, and during my undergraduate studies I have been taught the Suzuki and Dalcroze methods.
As a teacher now, I am combining the different approaches and methodologies in order to adapt my teaching to the needs of each individual pupil. In addition, I incorporate music theory and aural development in my lessons, while also investing a lot in inviting and challenging the creativity of each student, allowing them to create and explore their own music world!
Send a message to Gregory Emfietzis
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more