Online University Music Tutors / University Music Tuition
See Also: Music; A-level Music; A-level Music Technology; Chamber Music; Early Years Music; GCSE Music; Higher Music; Key Stage 3 Music; Music Production; Music Technology; Music Workshops; Musicianship; National 4/5 Music; Special Needs Music;
|Alex Jeffery||Putney, SW15|
|Gareth Pr||Aylesbury, HP19|
|Ed Whitehead||Tufnell Park, N7|
|Anthony Friend||Brixton, SW2|
|Marianne Tyler Brown||Gordon Hill, EN2|
|Dr Geoffrey Govier||Knightsbridge, SW7|
|Nick Scott Jones||Uxbridge, UB8|
|Duncan Morrell||Nidd Valley, HG3|
|Katarina Đorđević||Kenton, HA3|
|Stewart Wilson||Central Glasgow, G31|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Mortlake and Barnes, SW14|
|Dr Stephen Oxley||Shirland, DE55|
|Mari Carmen||Redland, BS6|
|Firat Altay||Harringay, N4|
|Kristin Sofroniou||New Cross, SE14|
|B Westerman||Grove Park, BR1|
|Gloria Toplis||Beckenham, BR3|
|Dominic Sewell||Raynes Park, SW20|
|Angelika Stangl||Amersham, HP7|
|Sally Bridgewater||Armley, LS12|
|Edgar Cardoso||Blackheath, SE10|
|Aizhana Nurkenova||St John's Wood, NW6|
|Lindsay Carter||Cotham, BS8|
|J Preece||Ravenscourt Park, W4|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for University Music
- Personal Message
- Please contact me for a trial lesson.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Have plans to start this in the near future. Please do let me know if this is something you would like to explore and we can discuss it further.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Cello - beginner to advanced Piano - beginner to intermediate Music Theory and Musicianship/Aural Training Symphonic Tots Cello Club 3.5 - 6 years and Symphonic Tots - Pre -School Music Training/Kodaly Method. Symphonic Kids.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- ProfCertHonsRAM, L.R.A.M, PGDipRNCM PGCertLiszt Academy of Music, MACityUniversity. PGCHE. Working on PhD in cello teaching -ongoing.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Employing a wide range of repertoire covering many genres I teach a sound technical background using study books by Dotzaeur, Duport, Popper, Feuillard, Starker and other major technical masters. Kodaly method often included within lessons.Royal Academy of Music London, Royal Northern College of Music and Liszt Academy Budapest trained professional cellist, University lecturer and mother, : cello lessons from beginners to advanced and piano lessons for beginners to intermediate. Specialising in preparing young musicians for senior school entrance exams, GCSE and A level recital programmes and university entry.Both Associated Board and Trinity Guildall exams offered. CRB checked. Over 15 years teaching experience from cello piano and theory/musicianship teaching in schools, private practice ,at Higher Education and junior departments at London Conservatoires.Further details about my teaching, lecturing and performing work can be found at: www.mariannetylerbrown.com and for Symphonic Tots Cello Club and Pre-School Music Training www.symphonictots.com.
Music Workshop Leader- Trinity College London (new post starting September 2014) Leading Inset Teacher training days for Trinity College London:Lecturing on a Variety of Music Education Courses
Previous teaching posts 1997 – 2005 cello teaching posts for Berkshire Young Musician’s Trust, Hertfordshire Music Service, Enfield Arts Support Service, Harpenden Musicale. Kensington and Chelsea College, Milton Keynes Music Service. Deputising for junior departments at the Royal Academy of Music and Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Lecturing for Middlesex University.
• Freelance cellist with orchestras. Current engagements include The English Festival Orchestra and various chamber ensembles and free lance orchestras in and around the London area.
• Past bookings include The Bratislava Chamber Orchestra, English Touring Opera, English National Ballet, European Chamber Opera, Welsh National Opera, The Halle Orchestra and English Sinfonia, English Festival Orchestra; soloist with West End shows including Les Miserables. Solo and chamber studio work includes sessions for BBC Radio 4, LWT and BBC TV. International concerts, concerto performances with The Bratislava Chamber Orchestra, electro acoustic concert series in Budapest for The Polonia Express and Autumn Festivals at the Palace of Fine Arts Budapest and Almassi Cultural Centre. Improvised performances directed by composer Szary Laszlo at the Katona Jozsef Theatre Budapest and Dunai Varos Sculpture Festival and cello recitals in Hungary Croatia and Slovenia.
- How much do you charge?
- For individual lessons £38 per hour for lesson at my home in Southgate. £40 per hour for visiting within the local area/near to EN2.. Please contact me for information and pricing for Symphonic Tots Cello Club, Symphonic Kids and pre-school music training which is priced at a lower fee and can be group tuition.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home in Oakwood EN2. May visit if local but generally work at home using my cellos/library of music and Bechstein piano.Symphonic Tots and Kids classes take place in venues in the local area.
- When are you available?
- To be discussed.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM and Trinity Guildhall exams from prep test to grade 8 and diploma. Entrance exams for schools and music festivals.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- British Kodaly Association (BKA) European String Teachers Association (ESTA) International Kodaly Society (IKS) Musician’s Union (teaching conferences) Royal Academy of Music Club Middlesex University Music Research Group Society for Education Music and Psychology. Pre-School Learning Alliance.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Ferenc Liszt Academy of Music Budapest Hungary (Csaba Onczay:Cello Karoly Botvay - Chamber Music) 1995-97 Royal Northern College of Music Manchester (Eduardo Vassallo:Cello)1994-95 Royal Academy of Music London (Derek Simpson,David Smith):Cello 1990-94
PGCHE – Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education
Degree of Masters of Arts City University London
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Have coached students to win places at private schools such as Westminster and Purcell School and local Grammar Schools. Places in Youth Orchestras and National Children's Orchestra of Great Britain. Music places at Higher Education, Universities and Colleges. I also work as a community musician providing Symphonic Tots and Kids courses throughout London boroughs and as a workshop leader for teacher training at Trinity College London. I am the cello teacher at Goodwyn Independent School Mill Hill.
In 2010 started Cello Tots and Symphonic Kids early years string training programmes.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I aim to contribute to improving the level of music literacy in the UK from Pre-School to Higher Education and beyond.
Favourite quotes by Zoltan Kodaly:
‘Let us take our children seriously! Everything else follows from this... only the best is good enough for a child’.
“I have never liked to look back on the road I have taken, either between hills or in life. I have always looked at what is before me.” Zoltan Kodaly This is a useful approach to tackling both beginners and advanced repertoire and approaching the technique of the instrument in general as well as a sound message for dealing with life's challenges..
Send a message to Marianne Tyler Brown
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more