Find UK Tuition
Chemistry Tutor Chatham | Maidstone | Rochester Chemistry Tutor
- PhD, MSc, BSc in Chemistry
- DBS certificate (formerly known as CRB)
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced tutor with PhD and Masters degree in Chemistry, A level examiner for UK exam boards and teaching at the University. My knowledge and passion for teaching helps students achieving better grades in exam.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Chemistry from school up to University level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- PhD Chemistry;
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 18 years of experience teaching Chemistry. I have taught students from all UK exam board. The in depth knowledge of chemistry enable me to cover the subject in detail. This is very important for A level chemistry as most of the exam question requires application of the knowledge. My teaching develops better understanding of the topics which helps students to answer questions with confidence. I had many students from various exam boards repeating AS along with A2 and were able to achieve required A grades with my tutoring. Please see feedback (google search "Walderslade chemistry tutor" ) left by students/parents which truly reflect my teaching quality.
- How much do you charge?
- Please see profile page for more detail.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home and online.
- When are you available?
- Please contact me for the availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have taught students of varying age. I have even taught chemistry to seven year old preparing for IGCSE. I teach chemistry up to university level. Most of my students are from secondary school (including GCSE and A level) and from University.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- A-level Chemistry with examination boards- AQA, Edexcel, OCR-A, OCR-B.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Online tutoring is new way of learning. With the correct use of technology, I create learning experience same as face to face learning.
I use state of the art hardware and software for online teaching. Student do not need to buy any software or equipment to take up online tutoring. The only requirement is PC and a headphone (with microphone). I find online teaching is one of the best way in this modern world where distance is not a limit to share knowledge. There is minimum computer knowledge required for the set up. I can help student setting up the computer to the requirement.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Fellowship with Higher Education Academy
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I get students from near by area which includes students from Rochester Maths school, Rochester Grammar school for Girls, Rainham Mark Grammar school, Chatham Grammar School for Girls etc. from Medway area. I also help students from MGGS and invicta schools based in Maidstone. I have had students from some private school like Sutton Valence School, King's Rochester and Rochester Independent College. These students had different aim as some of them achieved very low grade in AS so they were repeating AS in the A2 to achieve higher B or possible A grade with tutoring. While some of the students were capable and working hard though achieving higher B grade or occasionaly A grade. For them the goal was to achieve higher A or A* to get in to Medicine, Dentistry and other renowned professional courses.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- A level comes only once in the life time. Just Eat, Sleep and Study for two years - Work hard and push yourself to the limit so that you can have better chances in successful academic career without regretting it in the future !!!!
Send a message to Dr Sandip
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
Learning is a lifelong process. Learn to gain knowledge where high grade should be the output of this process. Learning a subject just to achieve high grade wouldn't help you in longer run. With my experience in industry and academia, I have seen many catastrophic failures simply because of this reason.## Make your "Basics" clear. Take time to...
Sandip has helped my daughter so much over just the past couple of months, i have watched her go from uncofident and about to give up in chemistry to so confident wanting to consider studying chemistry at a higher level, my daughter has said `he is by far one of the best teachers i have ever had and without him I know i would of failed my chemistry AS` she know feels as if she can definitely achieve an A, would definitely recommend Sandip, thankyou so much
- Susan Cox ; AQA A level Chemistry
He is a very good tutor, who provides detailed explanations of the chosen topic. Also, he is organised and prepares in advance and I am pleased with the help he has given me so far.
- Miss Wingnam; Salters, A level Chemistry
Sandip has really helped my son prepare for his IB Chemistry HL over the past couple of months. Sandip`s clear explanation of the subject has allowed my Son to gain knowledge and confidence in Chemistry which was lacking from his school lessons, so that he could tackle his exams with less fear. Sandip was always well prepared for the lesson and spent time understanding what areas needed attention. I only wish my Son had a Chemistry teacher like Sandip at his school!! I would recommend Sandip 100%.
- Mrs Bernie Burdett, IB Chemistry (Higher Level)
I would like to thank Sandip for the time he spent coaching my daughter through the last few weeks before her A1 exam. His style of teaching helped improve my daughter`s confident enormously.
- Mrs Kwan, Salters, A level Chemistry
Dr Sandip Desai has helped my daughter greatly . He has excellent knowledge and a very professional attitude. He adapts himself very well which enables him to build a nice relation with his student.
I would highly recommend him and wish him all success in his teaching career.
- Dr Basu, OCR, A level Chemistry
Sandip has helped my daughter to regain confidence in a subject which she struggled with at AS Level. His approach to explaining Chemistry to my daughter is excellent.
Sandip plans each lesson meticulously according to my daughter`s needs. I am extremely happy with how Sandip teaches my daughter, who really enjoys her lessons with him.. Sandip is very approachable and always willing to go the extra mile. I would definitely recommend Sandip.
- Mrs. Maria, Salters, A level chemistry.
Sandip has helped greatly with my son`s Edexcel A-Level chemistry course. He has well prepared lessons and provides handouts with summaries of topics. His style of teaching is very active and encourages the student to participate. He also goes though examination-style questions in order to make sure the student has grasped the topic completely. I highly recommend this tutor to people who seek help with chemistry at any level.
- Mr. Chet, Edexcel, A level Chemistry
Excellent teacher. Very thorough in teaching. Tailored to student requirement.
- Dr Khan, Edexcel, A level Chemistry
Communication with Sandip has been very good. He is very friendly and welcoming. He has tutored my daughter and so far she found him very helpful. He was well planned and tailored the session to her needs. She is already feeling more confident.I am very pleased.
- Mrs. Nurden, Salters, A level Chemistry
My home educated son has been studying iGCSE Chemistry online with Sandip.Sandip is the best tutor I have come across, and has a great way of focusing strongly on the issues that will increase exam grades while at the same time giving an engaging lesson. He sometimes gives a deeper understanding than needed to give the student a stronger base . Additionally he makes good use of technology - not just relying on Skype only. I very strongly recommend Sandip as a Chemistry tutor.
- Mr. K. Temple; IGCSE
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages
Browse other tutors below who provide Chemistry Tuition, and related subjects: