Find UK Tuition
Colin Openshaw - Alexander Technique Teacher in Oxford
- MA (Oxon) Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- Enhanced Disclosure - May 2009
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- Who can learn without repeating over again?
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach French and German, English and Maths - all of them up to GCSE. I teach French and Economics up to A Level. I also offer English as a Foreign Language (EFL).
In addition, I am a teacher of the Alexander Technique and member of STAT. See my website for details - www.alexandertechniqueteaching.com
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I am a graduate of Oxford University. I also have a CELTA certificate in teaching English as a Foreign Language.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been tutoring for over 10 years.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £28 per hour at my home in Headington, Oxford. If I travel out to you, I charge a few pounds more, depending on the distance. Within the city of Oxford I will drive to you for £34, provided I can fit the journey into my schedule. Other locations cost a few pounds more, depending on distance.
- Where do you teach?
- My home is in Headington, Oxford, not far from the main shops, where I have a room set aside for my teaching space. I also travel out to teach in Abingdon, Kidlington, Wheatley, Thame, Great Milton, Stadhampton, Chalgrove and other locations within reasonable driving distance.
Some parents are happier for tuition to take place in their own home. I am happy to do this where my schedule allows.
I am also available in Bromley, Kent on Saturday mornings.
- When are you available?
- I can start tutoring from 3pm most days, and day time slots are sometimes available too. I do not work on Sundays. On Saturdays I teach in Bromley, Kent. I am available to teach in the school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach from age 10 upwards. About a quarter of my pupils are adult learners. The majority of those I teach are GCSE and A Level candidates. I am ready to teach beginners of any age and the earlier secondary years (age 11-13).
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have an Enhanced CRB/DBS disclosure certificate.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I do not believe in online tutoring. Knowledge is best imparted face to face.
Send a message to Colin Openshaw
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
Introducing the Alexander Technique – © Colin Openshaw 10/08/09 Who was Frederick Matthias Alexander? Alexander was born in Tasmania, Australia in 1869. From a young age he wanted to be an actor, and he worked hard to achieve this. In his twenties he encountered a problem: when he used his voice on stage for a long period of time, he...
Your attitude is the key to success in learning anything new, especially school subjects. How to approach learning is very often not taught in schools. This is hardly surprising, as it requires a perceptive teacher, with time to attend to an individual's needs. In the average classroom environment this time and attention is usually...
Explained: The Alexander Technique © Colin Openshaw, 6th June 2006 The Alexander Technique is a method for improving the way you use your body. By learning it, you can improve your co-ordination, poise, posture and breathing. You can also improve your self-awareness and self-control, and consequently you benefit from it at a...